What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 12/10/2017 at 9:04 AM, devils1854 said:

I am definitely going to have to watch it again, but mother! is close to a masterpiece. It blows my mind how Arnofsky comes up with these ideas.

It was decent not sure a master piece. 

Gone in 60 seconds just a gawd damm cult classic.. 

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

@thrILL!

You watched mother! yet? I remember you and myself having the same feelings that The Fountain was one of the best movies of the century, and i think this might equal it for you.

Yeah I loved The Fountain. Such a beautiful and majestic film.  I’m sure you know how much I hated his version of Noah tho.  It’s no secret around here.  LoL.   So I haven’t exactly been in a rush to see Mother esp considering I've heard some suspect things about it (who the characters represent metaphorically and how that’s handled).  But I’ll see it for myself before I reserve judgement.  Thanks for the recommendation.  

ENT-Mudbound_IMG-2.jpg

Saw that this was getting Oscar buzz so I decided to watch it, and I understand the subject of the movie is one that tends to be in the wheelhouse of critics and of those that do the nominations for the awards, but this movie doesnt deserve anything. The first half of the movie is agonizingly slow, then it builds up to the ending that you knew was coming when you read the synopsis of the movie. The plot device that is used is hardly given any screen time until the end, instead they focus on a affair that really had no place being in the movie. A really choppy movie too. The director could have done a much better job of showing each characters point of view. If you want to watch a good movie about racism, watch 12 Years a Slave or Mississippi Burning, or a dozen others. This movie doesnt hold a candle to any of them. 

• Like 1