What movie are you watching?

Forge

10 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Even those who disliked the movie have said the characters were a positive in the film. Surprised you feel so differently.

Everything just felt thrown together with little cohesiveness.

Aquaman was the least unlikable of the bunch for me but still so damn cliche. The cyborg character is a walking cgi creation and nothing more, hard to really care too much about him. The flash was easily the most unlikable for me. He was extremely annoying 99% of the time, his goofiness felt so forced and over the top.

Like the part where everyone leaves commissioner Gordon except Flash....so this character that is faster than everyone else, can react quicker than anyone else, etc...somehow didn't notice everyone standing right next to him leaving suddenly?

I get the suspension of disbelief in these movies, but so many parts felt just like that one, an over the top attempt at creating a reaction that wasn't genuine.

The characters weren't why the movie was so bad though in my opinion, I mean I didn't enjoy them, but they weren't nearly as bad as some of the CGI, the story line, and how nothing seemed to flow throughout the entire film.

Just stinks, cause I was really looking forward to this movie and wanted to like it.

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Batman being useless makes sense. He's fighting gods, not humans.

I understand that, it just makes his presence so unnecessary most of the time. Batman is my favorite DC character, so seeing him simply be the team cheerleader is annoying that's all. I think you can tell Affleck wants out as Batman, he didn't seem to be as into the character as BvS.

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Just out of curiosity, would you consider yourself more a DC or a Marvel fan?

I like both, I'm a casual fan of comics. I do think Batman is by far the coolest and most interesting comic character though.

I will say though, I think Marvel does itself a lot of favors by not taking itself too seriously. They embrace the ridiculousness of their movie universe, and its works for them. While not impossible to pull off, I don't think DC has done a good job of taking itself seriously and trying to present a darker tone when it comes to it's comic movies.

Edited by Pats#1

10 hours ago, RamRod said:

strange_days6.jpg

Just in time for New Year's

Anyone with half a brain cell knew the Y2K bug was a hoax from the get-go, same with the 2012 doomsday prophecy which the Mayans NEVER actually predicted. I said the same thing both times and was correct both times: anyone who honestly believes that shyt is an idiot of the highest order.

Ugh, now I just got reminded of that horrible movie directed by Roland Emmerich. Oh wait, who am I kidding? Most everything directed by Roland Emmerich is horrible, he's pretty much the Michael Bay of disaster movies (yes, GINO 98 still would've sucked even if it wasn't called Godzilla).

Edited by KManX89

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Anyone with half a brain cell knew the Y2K bug was a hoax from the get-go, same with the 2012 doomsday prophecy which the Mayans NEVER actually predicted. I said the same thing both times and was correct both times: anyone who honestly believes that shyt is an idiot of the highest order.

Ugh, now I just got reminded of that horrible movie directed by Roland Emmerich. Oh wait, who am I kidding? Most everything directed by Roland Emmerich is horrible, he's pretty much the Michael Bay of disaster movies (yes, GINO 98 still would've sucked even if it wasn't called Godzilla).

That’s not even what Strange Days is about.

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

https://xkcd.com/774/

Edited by skywindO2