What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just finished watching Molly's Game

I found it far more enjoyable and intriguing than I thought I would based on the trailers I had seen.  I quite liked the narration throughout the movie and Jessica Chastain looked as good as ever throughout :x

Just watched A Futile and Stupid Gesture on Netflix. It’s a biopic about Doug Kenney, the creator of National Lampoon played by Will Forte. It’s a very fast paced story with a lot of little laughs throughout, although no real big ones. The ending caught me off guard since I didn’t know the backstory and I recommend you go into it without knowing too much. Very enjoyable, not a perfect movie by any means but a great cast and an easy watch. Gets a little lost in the middle before it gets into Animal House and Caddyshack but I’m glad I watched it.

• Like 1

Just finished a rewatch on all the Harry Potter movies since they are now on HBO

• No matter how many times I see it, I still tear up when Dobby dies. One of the most heartbreaking scenes in the history of movies
  • I know Rowling gets a lot of flack for not being a great writer, but Snape is so well done. Got to give her credit for that
  • New Dumbledore > Old Dumbledore
  • Luna > all other females in the series
  • Its good to know that when he grows up, Harry Potter turns into Ted Mosby

1. Prisoner of Azkaban-Its Alfonzo Cuaron, of course its the best
  2. Deathly Hallows 2-Its the finale. Great moments.
  3. Sorcerers Stone-First movie. Nostalga. Beginnings of the series
  4. Order of the Phoenix-Great finale in the Ministry of Magic. Plus the intro of the best villain in the series.
  5. Goblet of Fire-Seeing the different houses. Plus it has David Tennant.
  6. Deathly Hallows 1-More of a build up. Not as much going on.
  7. Half Blood Prince-Least compelling storyline
  8. Chamber of Secrets-kind of meh really.

On 1/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, JLambert58 said:

Finally got around to seeing:

dunkirk_5.jpg

Not quite what I expect (thought it might be more Saving Private Ryan-ish)  but I enjoyed it.  Definitely had it's moments.  

Watched this last night as well and I would agree with your assessment of it. I was really expecting more action but i get where nolan was coming from. The biggest thing to me was how well he framed the horror of being bombarded w/o being able to defend yourself.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:39 PM, devils1854 said:

Just finished a rewatch on all the Harry Potter movies since they are now on HBO

• No matter how many times I see it, I still tear up when Dobby dies. One of the most heartbreaking scenes in the history of movies
  • I know Rowling gets a lot of flack for not being a great writer, but Snape is so well done. Got to give her credit for that
  • New Dumbledore > Old Dumbledore
  • Luna > all other females in the series
  • Its good to know that when he grows up, Harry Potter turns into Ted Mosby
  1. Prisoner of Azkaban-Its Alfonzo Cuaron, of course its the best
  2. Deathly Hallows 2-Its the finale. Great moments.
  3. Sorcerers Stone-First movie. Nostalga. Beginnings of the series
  4. Order of the Phoenix-Great finale in the Ministry of Magic. Plus the intro of the best villain in the series.
  5. Goblet of Fire-Seeing the different houses. Plus it has David Tennant.
  6. Deathly Hallows 1-More of a build up. Not as much going on.
  7. Half Blood Prince-Least compelling storyline
  8. Chamber of Secrets-kind of meh really.

1. Prisoner of Azkaban - Cuaron caught them being actual kids at a magic school better than anyone else, the rest of them act almost like they are in stage play.  Best score of the series, this might be my favorite score of all time.  It's up there with Raiders and Star Wars for me.
2. Order of the Phoenix - Yates did a great job with the pacing and visuals, plus it was one of the better storylines of the entire series
3. Sorcerers Stone - Good introduction and building of nostalgia throughout with an A+ score from the GOAT
4. Goblet of Fire - Closest to PoA in making the characters feel real and fully fleshed out.  Fiennes was a terrific choice for Voldemort.
5. Deathly Hallows 2 - Better action of the two, felt like the final confrontation was botched or else it would rank higher
6. Deathly Hallows 1 - More of a slow burn than two which I found a positive, but the writing for this one was lacking
7. Chamber of Secrets - Not quite as contrived as the first, but like you said, the first has that nostalgia factor and John Williams brilliant score
8. Half Blood Prince - Just feels rushed and a bit awkward throughout.  Props for the Felix Felicis scene though, too bad the whole movie can't be that smooth

I can agree that Gambon was better (he was best in PoA, to bad Cuaron didn't do any more after that) but a large part of that was Harris' age.  If Richard Harris was 10 years younger I think he really could have crushed it.