What movie are you watching?

Forge

51 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

They did a good job of timing up music with everything, the flow was on point and worked really well.

Yup. Really fun, cool movie.

Re-watched Troy last night on Netflix and was shocked to see it only had a 3 star rating. Should be at least a 4.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:59 PM, RaiderX said:

Brawl_featured-800x400.png

Movie is very violent and Vaughn is boss in it. HIGHLY recommend to those who are not-so squeamish. 

As somebody who's watched all the Saw movies, Hostel, etc., this seems rather tame in comparison. I'll definitely check it out. I just rented The Mountain Between Us and The Foreigner. The first one was boring AF, practically nothing happens throughout the duration of the movie, I don't recommend it, hell, I only rented it because I like Elba and Winslet. The Foreigner was an intriguing film with some nice twists (good to see Jackie Chan back in action, too), but nothing great.

Edited by KManX89

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

As somebody who's watched all the Saw movies, Hostel, etc., this seems rather tame in comparison. I'll definitely check it out. I just rented The Mountain Between Us and The Foreigner. The first one was boring AF, practically nothing happens throughout the duration of the movie, I don't recommend it, hell, I only rented it because I like Elba and Winslet. The Foreigner was an intriguing film with some nice twists (good to see Jackie Chan back in action, too), but nothing great.

Have you no shame? You wanna see real gore? Watch movies like High Tension, Martyrs, Inside, Frontier(s), I Saw the Devil,  Ichi the Killer, Audition, or The Masters of Horror episode :"Imprint." etc.

18 hours ago, Starless said:

It, chapter I

Pretty good adaptation. I feel like a few of the characters weren't properly developed, though. 

It did seem rushed. It's a very daunting task to take a 1,200 page book and cram it into two movies. I think it would have been better served as a trilogy. Not unless theyre both three hour movies. 

I loved the movie. It's one of my favorite books of all time so I was excited to see someone put it on the big screen. And I think they did the book justice in a lot of ways. But they had to cut so much wonderful detail out. They had to cut out so much of the day to day dread. And all of the history of the town. All of the side maulings of town kids. And, as you said, a lot of character development amongst the Losers Club as well as Bowers and his crew. 

the-disaster-artist.jpg

Finally got around to seeing this last night. I am a huge fan of The Room, and routinely go to midnight showings, so I was hoping Franco would do this justice. He freakin knocked it out of the park. He was perfect as Tommy. The mannerisms and voice were spot on, and he really understood Tommy's vulnerability. He definitely should win the Oscar. The only problem I had with the movie was little Franco. He was miscast as Sestero. Franco was too goofy. Thats not Greg really.....Still I loved it, and the ending brought a tear to my eye because of my love for The Room.

i-tonya-poster01.jpg

This film was interesting to say the least. I do like the direction that they took the movie, because Harding's life really is a black comedy. Robbie and Janney were both terrific in their roles as Harding women, and they deserve any nominations that are coming. The movie itself felt a little uneven. I enjoyed it, but it just seemed like some parts were rushed just to get to the big incident, which if you want to actually try and do a movie about the whole life of Tonya, then it needs to be equal parts. Good, not best of the year.

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

I had no idea I Am Legend had an alternate ending. Just completely got mindshat right now. Will Smith seriously killed it in this role. Such an amazing job..

Your mind will be even more shat if you ever take the time to read the book, which is ten times better than either ending in the movie.

It's so good that the movie literally shouldn't have called itself "I Am Legend" because the book's ending literally provided the name for it. 

I might have liked I Am Legend if they didn't completely destroy everything that the book was about.