What movie are you watching?

Forge

27 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

HaHa! Me too. Check out OLD HENRY. It blows the hell out of Power of the Dog imo.

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t know what the hell power of the dog was going for, but it’s a weird, historical, semi-, modern, anti- western maybe, seen through a sociological, psychological, brokeback mountain kinda viewpoint, idk. Not too interesting to me. Not very entertaining to me. I also didn’t like BC as a cowboy, but maybe that was it’s point? Whatever

I'm in complete lockstep with you on all of that. Typically I like things to...happen...in my movies haha. And if not it better be big on the psychological aspect. This wasn't.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

Watched Halloween Kills last night.  Well, it delivers on it's title.  Lots of kills, quite a few of them brutal and very bloody.  Wasn't much of a story, felt more like a few subplots.  Michael kills people, a number of times people doing stupid things(checking out weird noises, going to places they shouldn't be going, etc) Anthony Michael Hall as Tommy Doyle getting residents to form a mob to go after Michael was somewhat interesting(there was a similar subplot in Halloween 4)  And Jamie Lee Curtis spending her time in this movie in a hospital.  Flashback scenes to the events in 78 when Michael got captured.  That was pretty much the movie.  I know they're setting up for the Laurie-Michael showdown in Halloween Ends, but this movie was lacking in story and interesting characters.  Not much of a cliffhanger ending either.  This movie is if you liked the 2018 Halloween and/or if you like movies in which people die is brutal messed up ways.  Otherwise, this is just something to watch.  5/10(I might be generous giving this a 5)

Bob Dylan- No Direction Home

Beautiful doc on Netflix chronicling Dylan's influences and music career. I can never get enough photos and videos from the 60s/70s.

You can really feel the music back then- just people with simple instruments, their voices being the most important.

That just doesn't exist any more, everything is filtered through an Apple computer 100x and it all sounds the same.

And as if you needed any more reason to hate the press, it's pretty gross the way they push narratives and ideas on people out of nowhere. 

My favorite quote from the movie, only funny because it didn't happen.. pre-show the manager warned him someone called the box office with a threat to bring a shotgun to the show 

"I don't mind being shot, man. I just don't dig being told about it"

Edited by adamq

Dune was great.  Awesome to look at, great visuals and wonderfully directed.  Denis Villeneuve got robbed of a best directing oscar nomination.  Theres a lot to take in but it's worth it.  Not exactly a cliffhanger ending, but a lot of unanswered questions and plot threads need to be resolved.  According to IMBD part 2 is coming out next year.  10/10

Wrath of Man was a fun action mystery thriller.  Jason Statham in one of his best movies.  Nothing deep, just a fun action movie like Copshop was.  7/10

• Like 1

Watched Brothers the other day. A good, emotional PTSD story with pretty strong acting from Maguire, Gyllenhaal and Portman. I laughed when Gyllenhaal and Portman had an argument about her listening to U2 in high school cause they’re cool and gritty I guess unlike who he thought she liked, *NSYNC. Probably one of the whiter conversations I’ve ever heard in a movie 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Will Smith just smacked the ever loving hell out of Chris Rock and even I'm shook lol 

I have it on tv. I was looking at my phone, looked back up because i thought my dog sat on the remote and muted the tv, but it was cutting in and out and all i see is Will saying “keep my wife’s name out of your f’ing mouth”

This is insane. I just saw the unedited version. Omggg 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

I have it on tv. I was looking at my phone, looked back up because i thought my dog sat on the remote and muted the tv, but it was cutting in and out and all i see is Will saying “keep my wife’s name out of your f’ing mouth”

This is insane. I just saw the unedited version. Omggg 

Just insane. The weird thing was that it looked like Will was laughing after the joke. Jada didn't seem happy about it, so maybe she said something when the camera panned back to Rock. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just insane. The weird thing was that it looked like Will was laughing after the joke. Jada didn't seem happy about it, so maybe she said something when the camera panned back to Rock. 

Right. I’m all in on Will winning leading actor so we can get a speech 

• Like 1