What movie are you watching?

Forge

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Watched The Ninth Gate from 1999 starring Johnny Depp.. weird as hell but I enjoyed it for the most part.

I remember watching that in the movie theaters. Not sure if I've watched it since, but I seem to recall enjoying it back then

10 hours ago, adamq said:

Proud to say 2 fast 2 furious was the last one I saw.. though I do remember liking those first two, so maybe one day I'll show them to the kid and we'll just watch them all

I've actually never seen Tokyo Drift, but 4 and 5 are solid popcorn flicks.  'Fast and Furious' and then 'Fast Five'.  6 was bad and 7 looked worse so I never went back to that well.

• Like 1

The 12th Man. 
This one follows the survival of a Norwegian resistance fighter during WW2. His group was supposed to blow up a Nazi airport tower. Things go horribly array. And he has to survive both the Nazis and the brutal weather. IMDB gave this a 7.3. I agree although it’s a slog to get through. This was my 4th or 5th time trying, and the first time I didn’t zonk out after 15 minutes, lol. It’s not a must see, but it’s good if u wanna watch a movie that puts u to sleep, or if you’re interested in these historical dramas from that time period. I enjoyed Anthropoid and Flame and Citron more than this one though. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

Watching Get Back again on Disney+ to have on as background while I work, and McCartney is just amazing.  In like a week he writes Get Back, Let it Be, and The Long and Winding Road, after already coming to the table with Two of Us and I Got a Feeling

Out of the Furnace. Not a bad revenge flick. I liked it better than I thought I would. Decent story. Woody Harrelson’s character’s over the top but everyone else did really good. I liked Blue Ruin a touch more, but this was good. Free on Prime. A 6.8 on IMDB is about right, maybe a little lower than what I would have given it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Starship Troopers, had this movie on VHS when I was a kid. Still holds up well IMO. R.I.P. Dizz such a badass when she took her jacket off to fight the sergeant.

Holds up even better than it originally did for me imo

12 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Out of the Furnace. Not a bad revenge flick. I liked it better than I thought I would. Decent story. Woody Harrelson’s character’s over the top but everyone else did really good. I liked Blue Ruin a touch more, but this was good. Free on Prime. A 6.8 on IMDB is about right, maybe a little lower than what I would have given it. 

Love Blue Ruin and Green Room

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Starship Troopers, had this movie on VHS when I was a kid. Still holds up well IMO. R.I.P. Dizz such a badass when she took her jacket off to fight the sergeant.

I watched it as a kid and liked it. I started watching it again recently, and it’s a totally different experience for me. I’m about halfway through it, and I’ll go back and finish it soon. I listened to the audiobook recently, and the movie is sort of a satire of the book. Heinlein’s 1959 book was serious and philosophical, and the movie has a completely different tone. It says on the film’s Wikipedia page that the director didn’t like the book (only read two chapters), and that’s clear to me after having experienced both. Still, I enjoyed both.

35 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

I watched it as a kid and liked it. I started watching it again recently, and it’s a totally different experience for me. I’m about halfway through it, and I’ll go back and finish it soon. I listened to the audiobook recently, and the movie is sort of a satire of the book. Heinlein’s 1959 book was serious and philosophical, and the movie has a completely different tone. It says on the film’s Wikipedia page that the director didn’t like the book (only read two chapters), and that’s clear to me after having experienced both. Still, I enjoyed both.

I forgot it was based on a book, I’ll have to read it

Cold In July. Nice little partner crime/thriller. It stars Michael C Hall, Sam Shepard and Don Johnson. 1st half of the movie is slow but tense as hell. The movie loses a lot of steam for me in the second half, and I’m not sure why. Doesn’t matter too much because it’s has a solid ending. Not as good as Blue Ruin but I liked a little more than Out of the Furnace. 7.4/10 for me. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike