What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 2/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, D82 said:

Rented Old Henry last night. Surprisingly good western. 

Yep. Very solid. Went in to it skeptical and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. And I love westerns(Power of the Dog not included) All actors did really good except Wyatt. And curry could’ve been a little better.  Wyatt though, he brings the movie down quite a bit, like from an A- to a B, A to a B+ for me. Doesn’t matter to me much though, I still bought it after renting it, lol. 8/10 for me. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

10 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Yep. Very solid. I love westerns. All actors did really good except Wyatt. And curry could’ve been a little better.  Wyatt though, he brings the movie down quite a bit, like from an A- to a B, A to a B+ for me. Doesn’t matter to me much though, I still bought it after renting it, lol. 

Yeah, he kinda made you want to strangle him with some of his decisions 😂 

• Like 1

Flame and Citron  

Took me a few attempts to get through this historical drama about 2 Danish resistance fighters during WWII, but boy I’m glad I did. Released in 2008 it was the most expensive movie ever released in Denmark at that time, and it stars Mads Mikelsen. Seems to be historically accurate enough too. It’s on Prime for free. Worth a watch if u like Mads, or are interested in that setting and time period. It’s like Anthropoid, which is similar(and on Prime for free), only Anthropoid takes place in Czechoslovakia. Some serious cahoneys on all those Dudes.

Edited by SMashMouthMike

17_kingsman_dtlr4_2k_still_r709f.088218.

The King's Man

While I would say overall I enjoyed it, this is a very scattershot story that tries to be clever but none of the "cleverness" is really earned so it mostly comes off as cheap.  Fiennes and Hounsou were good as always, and really all the cast and sets were really well done, it had a few nice action set pieces, and I like the ambition it has, it just wasn't very good writing.  Worth a watch, not sure if i'll ever watch it again.

C+/B-

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

17_kingsman_dtlr4_2k_still_r709f.088218.

The King's Man

While I would say overall I enjoyed it, this is a very scattershot story that tries to be clever but none of the "cleverness" is really earned so it mostly comes off as cheap.  Fiennes and Hounsou were good as always, and really all the cast and sets were really well done, it had a few nice action set pieces, and I like the ambition it has, it just wasn't very good writing.  Worth a watch, not sure if i'll ever watch it again.

C+/B-

I stopped watching after the rasputin scene