What movie are you watching?

Forge

Don't Breathe 2 was ok.  The villains aren't memorable, although their scheme was cruel.  Stephen Lang Was more an anti-hero this time instead of a villain.  The first on was solid until the twist.  This one was just ok.  5/10

Escape Room: Tournament of Champions wasn't good.  A couple cool rooms, the general idea of finding clues, solving puzzles in a short amount of time or you die is cool, these movies make you suspend disbelief to an extreme extent.  A couple twists that come from out of nowhere doesn't help either.  3/10

Antlers was a solid creepy horror thriller.  This movie is about it's characters first, the monster and carnage second.  A couple times people do dumb things(go into places they shouldn't) but overall this is a solid movie, just not very rewatchable  8/10

Haven’t seen the Big Sick in a few years, pretty enjoyable movie. Delves into the complexity of Muslim life and ideals with a modern desire to break free and make your own way with a more unique path and relationship. Back when Kumail Nanjiani was still funny. 

• Like 1

Old Henry 

A new western on Showtime. I rented it on prime for 0.99 today. Pretty damn good. Best (non-modern)western I’ve seen in a long time. It’s a damn good one. I would’ve been alright with buying it outright. The boy sucked though, and came close to crapping on it. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

On 1/11/2022 at 5:30 PM, Ty21 said:

I’m currently seeing Sing 2 at the theaters with my kids so here I am on FF 

Better than the first, and the first was really good. 

On 1/23/2022 at 5:29 PM, Bowler1215 said:

Nobody was fun.  Bob Odenkirk was great.  Lots of good action.  A good fun time all around 8/10

Very fun movie, a lot of surprises from Odenkirk… but…

Spoiler

That 3rd act/shootout with the Russian mob really brought everything down, IMO. Christopher Lloyd trying to run around with a shotgun, RZA headshotting three guys with his sniper rifle was TOO much for me to detach from the effort. Then the post credit scene promising MORE of that? Yeah, get off the train while you can.

On 2/7/2022 at 7:02 AM, adamq said:

Also watched Encanto with the wife and kid, what a treat. Probably the best kids movie I've seen since Onward

Great movie, but I’m totally done listening to the music - my kids have it on repeat now, I sincerely don’t care what you do with Bruno anymore.

Sidenote: I always have to distance myself from Stephanie Beatriz and her role on Brooklyn 99.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:25 PM, Ray Reed said:

If you want to feel old

The Last Samurai is a 20 year old film

Hot take: Best Tom Cruise movie out there.

• Like 2

Just now, thrILL! said:

Sidenote: I'm completely stoked for Maverick.  Gonna be so worth the wait.

A Few Good Men is arguably my favorite movie, or at least top 5, so you know I've seen that interview haha. And I've routinely had Risky Business Tom Cruise as my avy, so you know I'm ready for Maverick.

• Like 1