What movie are you watching?

Forge

1002184660-photo-u1?auto=format&q=60&fit

Finally got around to watching Watchmen, and I thought it was a pretty good adaptation that suffered from some of the usual Zack Snyder story telling methods. The Dr Manhattan origin in the middle of the movie was phenomenal, everything else seemed average to maybe slightly above average. The Mask Killer angle worked much better in the comic, but I do think the feel and the aesthetic of all the characters was done pretty well.  The change of the ending from the comic made sense to me and I thought it worked well.

B/B+

• Like 5

On 2/25/2022 at 7:38 AM, THE DUKE said:

Finally got around to watching Watchmen, and I thought it was a pretty good adaptation that suffered from some of the usual Zack Snyder story telling methods. The Dr Manhattan origin in the middle of the movie was phenomenal, everything else seemed average to maybe slightly above average. The Mask Killer angle worked much better in the comic, but I do think the feel and the aesthetic of all the characters was done pretty well.  The change of the ending from the comic made sense to me and I thought it worked well.

B/B+

If you haven't seen the HBO series yet, check it out.

• Like 3

Free Guy wasn't surprising, and a lot was predictable.  That being said, it was a lot of fun and very entertaining.  Ryan Reynolds has been Deadpool for the last 10-15 years, but he's great at it.  Jodie Comer was good playing two characters one in the real world, the other in the video game.  Quite funny all throughout.  Very rewatchable  8/10

On 2/25/2022 at 7:38 AM, THE DUKE said:

B/B+

Which version did you watch?

Always a key question for Snyder movies haha.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Free Guy wasn't surprising, and a lot was predictable.  That being said, it was a lot of fun and very entertaining.  Ryan Reynolds has been Deadpool for the last 10-15 years, but he's great at it.  Jodie Comer was good playing two characters one in the real world, the other in the video game.  Quite funny all throughout.  Very rewatchable  8/10

It felt like a lamer ready player one made by people that don’t play video games. 

Good thing I didn’t check rotten tomatoes before deciding to watch Book of Eli lol. It wasn’t a terrible movie, had a definite ~2010 vibe to it which is nostalgic at this point. Totally felt like a comic book/manga movie. Speaking of ~2010 vibes, for a desolate post apocalyptic wasteland, they sure threw in product placement as much as they could lol. KFC wipes, iPod, Motorola megaphone, etc.

I want to watch The Road again now but it’s so draining.