What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 8/18/2022 at 10:28 PM, Outpost31 said:

I still don’t understand why Ghostbusters 2 is so frowned upon. I legit don’t understand it and I have always felt it was a good sequel.

Its essentially the same movie as the first....just a few tweaks and not executed nearly as well.   Home Alone 2 did the same thing.

I dont even hate Ghostbusters 2....but it was a massive downgrade from the original IMO.

50 minutes ago, 43M said:

I dont even hate Ghostbusters 2....but it was a massive downgrade from the original IMO.

It also speaks to nearly how impossible it is to live up to and duplicate the success of a comedic masterpiece.

Edited by thrILL!
👻
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I still haven't seen Donnie Darko, Momento, Nightcrawler, or Usual Suspects. I've also somehow avoided most, if not all, spoilers. So please don't.

Anyone willing to rank them on the order which I should prioritize?

Usual Suspects

Momento

Nightcrawler

Donnie Darko

• Like 4

I can respect the locust decision in Jurassic World: Dominion.

It’s a very Crichton plot line.

I can’t respect going back to the Blue thing or the cloned girl thing.

Fallen Kingdom ruined Jurassic Park.

They did fix that one REALLY obnoxious man girl that was in Fallen Kingdom. When I saw he was back I was like… Great, this movie is gonna suck. But he’s extremely tolerable in this one.

Kinda surprised because I like it so far.

Lots of cheese early, but it’s getting better.

I’m liking Wu’s sort of redemption arc.

The locust thing was a bit over exaggerated. I don’t think it’s terrible pacing and it’s not all about the locusts. I feel there was enough dinosaur action to break up the monotony, and the movie doesn’t feel slow yet.

Lots of terrible choices. Settler and Grant turning spy is laughable, but I’m still not hating the movie overall.

It’s super close to Waterworld levels. Anyone with a brain could rip the movie to shreds with plot holes and laughable leaps of logic and poor choices and whatever, but it’s not at the point of being boring or terribly not entertaining.

Edited by Outpost31

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I still haven't seen Donnie Darko, Momento, Nightcrawler, or Usual Suspects. I've also somehow avoided most, if not all, spoilers. So please don't.

Momento

nightcrawler

Donnie darko

usual suspects 

18 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It could depend on your mood. I think the usual suspects is probably the most easily digestible of those flicks. The rest I kind of would have to be in a certain mood for. 

As such,

Usual suspects

Memento

Donnie

Nightcrawler 

The Godfather is one of those rare movies that, aside from some unfortunately dated bits from a filmmaking standpoint, gets better every time you watch it.

The first time I watched it I could acknowledge its greatness, but did not personally love it. Appreciated it more and more each of the other times I watched it.

Watching it again now and I’m so thoroughly immersed it feels like I love it, and I think I might.