What movie are you watching?

Forge

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Watched Alien 3 and tried to watch Alien: Resurrection last night.  My opinion on the former has improved, my opinion on the latter has gotten worse.  I can't even finish Resurrection.  Awful movie. 

i like a lot of aspects of alien 3

On 8/4/2018 at 1:46 AM, Nazgul said:

I finally watched this last week.

I enjoyed it, despite quite a bit of adaptation changes.

It was pretty different from the source material wasn't it? Overall story idea was the same, but how it got there, wow.

Funny People. Legitimately the only good Adam Sandler movie I’ve seen in...forever...

one funny part tho was how they said his AML (acute myeloid leukemia) was untreatable with chemotherapy or radiation and they’d have to go at it with experimental treatments. I had essentially the worst case of AML you can have, especially since I waited til literally the last second and it’s very much treatable with chemotherapy, at least in the beginning. If it comes back and back and back, chemo won’t be as effective against it anymore and it’ll eventually destroy you but in the start you’re golden essentially. AML is the easiest and most treatable form of leukemia of the four you can have. 

Watching Creed. Such a wonderfully-told story from start til finish, just seeing the Rocky-Creed nostalgia alone makes it worthwhile. And the ending was off-the-charts, I've never been more "moved" by an end fight scene in my life.

I can't wait for the sequel.

31 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Watching Creed. Such a wonderfully-told story from start til finish, just seeing the Rocky-Creed nostalgia alone makes it worthwhile. And the ending was off-the-charts, I've never been more "moved" by an end fight scene in my life.

I can't wait for the sequel.

I know that the Rocky movies went a bit off the rails for a bit between 3-5 (but at least 4 is entertaining), but all things considered, the franchise has churned out some quality flicks for a long running franchise, particularly about sports. Rocky I, Rocky 2, Balboa and Creed are pretty good movies to me overall, and 4, for whatever reason, has always been highly entertaining for me. 

On 8/6/2018 at 7:48 PM, Tyty said:

I’ve always wanted to see Adam Sandler in more  serious roles and this was like the only decent one we’ve gotten. His comedy is a joke. 

Reign Over Me is his best dramatic role IMO. I liked Funny People until the 3rd act where it completely unraveled.  

Also, glad to hear the chemo worked for you. Praying that you stay cancer free!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Reign Over Me is his best dramatic role IMO. I liked Funny People until the 3rd act where it completely unraveled.  

Also, glad to hear the chemo worked for you. Praying that you stay cancer free!! 

Not sure what you’re talking about homie but I appreciate it nonetheless