What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Give it a little while and watch it again. It's an amazing movie. Williams is a gift from heaven. I'd watch What Dreams May Come or Patch Adams too if you're in the mood.

Also where will and Skylar are having lunch/dinner. Was that the same

place where Ben had dinner with that teacher in the town? Looked identical same shot and everything. 

On 8/21/2018 at 3:35 AM, beekay414 said:

Forgot how good Star Trek: Into Darkness was.

I really liked that one and the first one they did in the reboot.  Both very good films.

I didn't care for the last one.  Very forgettable. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I hope you don't mean part 3?

No, i mean the 3 part series as a whole is the best set of movies we've seen from Star Trek.  The 3rd movie was unfortunate, but the first two were good enough to overcome it.

Just now, theJ said:

No, i mean the 3 part series as a whole is the best set of movies we've seen from Star Trek.  The 3rd movie was unfortunate, but the first two were good enough to overcome it.

Oh well you said the latest reboot of the series was the best we've seen. This is the only reboot of Star Trek, so I misunderstood what you said.

21 hours ago, theJ said:

I really liked that one and the first one they did in the reboot.  Both very good films.

I didn't care for the last one.  Very forgettable. 

That Enterprise crash sequence in the last one was awesome.  Too bad the rest of it didn’t match that level.  

22 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

That Enterprise crash sequence in the last one was awesome.  Too bad the rest of it didn’t match that level.  

Yep. I still enjoy the movie because it's Star Trek but that sequence, especially when Jim ejects his kelvin pod, is my favorite sequence in the entire franchise.

watched The Shape of Water.

i liked it way better than i thought i would.

excellent direction and set design 

impressive acting, especially from Hawkings, the big bad, and Richard Jenkins(who is awesome is everything). 

It reminded me of Titanic, where it had a love story, sure, but the action and dramatic elements made it a more well rounded movie. Or like Forrest Gump.

I didnt get any emotion from the love story aspect, but it was an enjoyable movie from start to finish. Some of the themes were hackneyed and on the nose.

I give it a solid B. Worth watching once.