What movie are you watching?

Forge

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yes. It's better than all of those movies. Quite easily, in fact.

Really?  Better than a six time Oscar winner in Mad Max Fury Road?   A movie that should really have won eight Oscars, should have won for best Cinematography over The Revenant and should have won best Visual Effects of Ex Machina, and who knows maybe Best Picture but that would be asking a lot.

I can maybe see it being better than those others hypothetically, because again those others are not even that great, but will see.  Better than Mad Max Fury Road would be hard, absolutely no way A Quiet Place wins 6 Oscars I would think.  Seems original enough but would be extremely hard to keep audience attention in dead silence and no way John Krasinski is Mr. Horror but will be interesting in a new role for him.  Also really depends on the thing/monster that is hunting them, if that is cool or some M Night Shyamalan crap in The Village where the monster is in your mind or made up entirely...Will be interesting to watch, will put it on the top of the Netflix queue for sure.  

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

a Quit place was a good film but I'm not sure if I would call it great or a masterpiece..won't make my top 10 from this year

I'm kind of in the same boat. I think thematically it's pretty incredible and I understand where the love is coming from, but on a personal enjoyment level it's not in my top 10 movies this year.

I just watched Wedding Crashers on Comedy Central. It's been ages since I've last seen this film, and it's as funny as I remember. The dinner scene was hilarious as was the scene with Chaz. xD

"MOM, THE MEATLOAF!" 

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

after a rewatch, jurassic park 3 is better than jurassic park 2: the lost world. both are dumb, but jp2 is sooo lazy

jp3 has a lot more energy. it has a nice scene where it looks like a raptor head in the jar and then the eye moves and it was actually behind it. when the raptor breaks that guys neck though it was pretty dumb

jp2 has one of the dumbest scenes in jp history with the girl kicking the raptor through the window. also, ian malcolm is a totally different character than the first jp movie. its jarring when you watch them back to back on how different his character is.

Edited by Malfatron

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

after a rewatch, jurassic park 3 is better than jurassic park 2: the lost world. both are dumb, but jp2 is sooo lazy

jp3 has a lot more energy. it has a nice scene where it looks like a raptor head in the jar and then the eye moves and it was actually behind it. when the raptor breaks that guys neck though it was pretty dumb

jp2 has one of the dumbest scenes in jp history with the girl kicking the raptor through the window. also, ian malcolm is a totally different character than the first jp movie. its jarring when you watch them back to back on how different his character is.

Jurassic Park 3 is easily my least favourite of the franchise, The Lost World always seems to get a lot of negativity but I like it personally, second favourite. The characters in JP3 are just all horrendous, every single one is so unlikeable. Plus the raptor saying "Alan" in JP3 is the absolute worst.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Jurassic Park 3 is easily my least favourite of the franchise, The Lost World always seems to get a lot of negativity but I like it personally, second favourite. The characters in JP3 are just all horrendous, every single one is so unlikeable. Plus the raptor saying "Alan" in JP3 is the absolute worst.  

the raptor saying alan was dumb, but at least it was a dream.

the girl killing a raptor with a gymnast kick ruined raptors. plus, they ruined ian malcolms characters who lost 100 percent of his coolness in the lost world

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

the raptor saying alan was dumb, but at least it was a dream.

the girl killing a raptor with a gymnast kick ruined raptors. plus, they ruined ian malcolms characters who lost 100 percent of his coolness in the lost world

Malcolm went through a traumatic experience in the first JP so it's totally expected that he'd be a different person in TLW:JP.