What movie are you watching?

Forge

Watched Return of the Jedi last night, I don't think I had ever seen the George Lucas redone version of that. While I haven't had much of an issue with Lucas messing around with the others, there were just a few times where you could tell he made the change and it was bad. The movie is still enjoyable, but there are some scenes, especially the music at Jabba's palace and Hayden Christenson that are just bad.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Watched Return of the Jedi last night, I don't think I had ever seen the George Lucas redone version of that. While I haven't had much of an issue with Lucas messing around with the others, there were just a few times where you could tell he made the change and it was bad. The movie is still enjoyable, but there are some scenes, especially the music at Jabba's palace and Hayden Christenson that are just bad.

George lucas to movies is like what Steve Jobs was to the tech industry. He understands the big picture and what people will love as a whole. But he sucks at the details and needs someone else in charge to make that dream a reality. One was a tech visionary who sucked at tech. The other was a movie visionary who sucked at movies.  

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

George lucas to movies is like what Steve Jobs was to the tech industry. He understands the big picture and what people will love as a whole. But he sucks at the details and needs someone else in charge to make that dream a reality. One was a tech visionary who sucked at tech. The other was a movie visionary who sucked at movies.  

The biggest crime in the whole thing is that fans can't choose the version they want.  I would pay $150 for a boxed set of those three movies (on DVD even, not bluray) that weren't altered.  But alas, they don't exist.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

The biggest crime in the whole thing is that fans can't choose the version they want.  I would pay $150 for a boxed set of those three movies (on DVD even, not bluray) that weren't altered.  But alas, they don't exist.

Try piratebay.

I just saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, it was pretty "meh" as expected. The first half is good, but the second half, without going into spoilers, is rather dull. Also didn't gravitate towards any of the new characters in the film.

Currently watching Super 8 on FX. It's been years since I last watched this, forgot how good it was. One takeaway from this movie is that J.J. Abrahams makes some damn good sci-fi/monster/found footage films.

Edited by KManX89

On 6/25/2018 at 11:35 AM, The Gnat said:

The "No....nnnnnnooooooooooooooo!" they added to Vader when he betrayed Darth Sidious was absolutely horrendous and borderline ruins what used to be an amazing cinematic climax.