Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Andy is a former OL coach and he's been around long enough to know how important they are to his future success in KC. He also knows that giving Mahomes time is the key to their offense. As noted by Jakuvious, nobody knows nuthin on March 12th. And while it always takes time for an OL to gel and learn each other's moves - there are many ways to ameliorate those issues through play calling, a running game, a mobile QB and offensive coaches in Reid and Bienemy who are up to the task. You can try throwing dirt on the 2021 KC OL, but its pretty silly at this moment in time

• Like 2

So Mahomes restructures and is apparently going to save 17 million ? And they still could restructure honey badger and chris jones and save like another 20. 

I remember when people were talking about all the money problems in KC. Seems like just yesterday 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

So Mahomes restructures and is apparently going to save 17 million ? And they still could restructure honey badger and chris jones and save like another 20. 

I remember when people were talking about all the money problems in KC. Seems like just yesterday 

The Salary cap is just like, your opinion, maaan... 

Good GMs continue to not make the salary cap a limiting factor 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Thing is Honey Badger is on his final year so a restructure is a flat out pay cut or an extension. Chris jones move makes more sense of the 2.  As for Mahomes restructure saw this coming just expected it at a later date considering this is the 1st year of his new deal. I am sure this will be done 3 or 4 more times as his contract extension is 10 years and really after 2024 they can walk away from his deal without having a major cap hit prior to this move. So this 21.7 mil signing bonus will just spread out over those 10 years at a 2.1 mil additional cap hit for each year. They just got to make sure not to make this a constant thing over the years.

2 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Salary cap is just like, your opinion, maaan..

Good GMs continue to not make the salary cap a limiting factor 

Except when it's not, like for instance how KC lacked depth on the o-line.  There's always a tradeoff.

-charles

8 minutes ago, Charles said:

Except when it's not, like for instance how KC lacked depth on the o-line.  There's always a tradeoff.

-charles

Everyone needs depth on the o-line. That's not strictly a money thing but an overall lack of talent thing as well. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Charles said:

-charles

The Chiefs’ offensive line woes in the SB had little to do with the salary cap. 

The Chiefs’ holes on the OL, at this moment, going into 2021, have little to do with their salary cap (when you consider neither of their previous starting tackles are likely to play in 2021 due to injury/retirement).

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Andy is a former OL coach and he's been around long enough to know how important they are to his future success in KC. He also knows that giving Mahomes time is the key to their offense. As noted by Jakuvious, nobody knows nuthin on March 12th. And while it always takes time for an OL to gel and learn each other's moves - there are many ways to ameliorate those issues through play calling, a running game, a mobile QB and offensive coaches in Reid and Bienemy who are up to the task. You can try throwing dirt on the 2021 KC OL, but its pretty silly at this moment in time

Winston Justice, King Dunlap, and Todd Herremans say hello.

This is a mirror of Philly. A long run of success with 2 very good OTs.

• 9 years in Philly vs 5 years in KC

1 was a high draft pick (Tra Thomas, drafted 11th overall the year before Andy got to Philly) the other a big free agent signing (Jon Runyan). The Schwartz and Runyan signings are very similar.

Now Andy did nail it by replacing one of them with Jason Peters. but RT was a dumpster fire.

• They gave up a 1 and a 4 for Peters and then gave him a huge contract.
    • They don't have room for a huge contract this time.
      • Andy was not paying top dollar at 5 different positions in 2009

When Peters was hurt in 2012 then LT was a dumpster fire too.

There is no doubt that Andy knows LT and RT talent.

There is also no doubt that he does not have the draft capital or the money to get what he needs right now.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Totally OT observation - we can tell who’s posting by their username.   

I used to put my name in my signature, but then one time I posted a from the webmaster account and put in the "--Forge" signature in and it was very awkward

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I used to put my name in my signature, but then one time I posted a from the webmaster account and put in the "--Forge" signature in and it was very awkward

So the curtain was drawn for all to see! 

It’s an even funnier story if it was “Easterby” there.   Well for everyone except @ET80 anyways. 

• Like 1