Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd go Winston if I was the saints, better arm, and potentially a lot better as a passer. If someone can get winston to work he is a top 5-10 qb. 

To me Hill is a Ferrari, I'd drive it a little bit, but not all the time. 

Hill is a dune buggy, not a Ferrari.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Seattle and Houston should swap Russ and Deshawn, then swap them back.

Everyone is right, and everyone wins.

I say we have a QB lottery - put ALL QB names in a hat (including Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Mac daddy Jones) and teams pick one at a time until all names are drawn. Teams are then responsible for all contracts and bonuses. If a team picked two high calibur QBs during their draw, then they can trade one (or - position switch in the case of Lamar Jackson).

Put all the QBs in a green room, watch their reactions - heck, give em a few shivs. Let's see a prison riot break out, IDGAF.

Boom... I just raised ratings by 650%. Tell Goodell to make my check payable to "CASH".

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I say we have a QB lottery - put ALL QB names in a hat (including Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Mac daddy Jones) and teams pick one at a time until all names are drawn. Teams are then responsible for all contracts and bonuses. If a team picked two high calibur QBs during their draw, then they can trade one (or - position switch in the case of Lamar Jackson).

Put all the QBs in a green room, watch their reactions - heck, give em a few shivs. Let's see a prison riot break out, IDGAF.

Boom... I just raised ratings by 650%. Tell Goodell to make my check payable to "CASH".

Can they also do a lottery for character coaches?

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Judging by the cuts this week, there are 30 teams who think they're getting Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson.

Or because of COVID the salary cap actually dipped after how many consecutive years of continuously going up?

Now we get to see players you usually don't see getting cut, get cut.

I like it. Adds another element to the team building process for the coming season.

3 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Or because of COVID the salary cap actually dipped after how many consecutive years of continuously going up?

Now we get to see players you usually don't see getting cut, get cut.

I like it. Adds another element to the team building process for the coming season.

I think you’re missing the running joke that every move is being reported by media talking heads as team X preparing their roster for Watson / Wilson.    Look at every thread about player releases in NFLN.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

I swear, if the Seattle organization chooses Pete Carroll and his old, outdated, stubborn *** over Wilson and trade him I am going to just root for a different team. I will be livid. The only thing that would make the pain less for me is if it was for Watson and couple high picks in return. Anything else is not enough. Russell Wilson IS Seattle. Look at Pete Carrolls NFL records before Russell Wilson came along. Not very good. Overrated coach

Also, I guarantee young stars like DK Metcalf will leave in a heart beat to play with Russ when they can. The hawks will be so bad

Edited by Landog3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Landog3 said:

I swear, if the Seattle organization chooses Pete Carroll and his old, outdated, stubborn *** over Wilson and trade him I am going to just root for a different team. I will be livid. The only thing that would make the pain less for me is if it was for Watson and couple high picks in return. Anything else is not enough. Russell Wilson IS Seattle. Look at Pete Carrolls NFL records before Russell Wilson came along. Not very good. Overrated coach

Also, I guarantee young stars like DK Metcalf will leave in a heart beat to play with Russ when they can. The hawks will be so bad

... pretty much exactly what I think about the Houston Texans right now.

And, Houston doesn't have high picks to return in a hypothetical trade for Watson. If anything, Houston would want picks in return from Seattle (who - ironically - doesn't have picks either).

16 hours ago, Landog3 said:

You’re crazy. Houston would be the team getting the QB + picks. Not Seattle 

• Like 1

I think we all recognize it's a matter of when, not if - if we keep getting this kind of messaging, the odds Watson goes before the draft (which IMO has the best chance for Houston to max out their return) goes way up...

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1