Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Rookie wise, Lawrence & Wilson are going 1-2 and i'm not sure if Shanny would be high on any of the other rookie QB's. 

What about Justin Fields? In theory couldn't the 49ers trade Jimmy G to the Patriots for draft capital and then use their own pick + the picks acquired from New England to move up for Fields?

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What about Justin Fields? In theory couldn't the 49ers trade Jimmy G to the Patriots for draft capital and then use their own pick + the picks acquired from New England to move up for Fields?

To do that you'd essentially need to agree to a 3 team trade and secure the 3rd pick of the draft. I personally think Fields is allot worse then most but for shannahan and Lynch to make this move they'd have to ensure they are getting there guy before shipping off the guy they currently have and risk walking away with nothing

17 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

To do that you'd essentially need to agree to a 3 team trade and secure the 3rd pick of the draft. I personally think Fields is allot worse then most but for shannahan and Lynch to make this move they'd have to ensure they are getting there guy before shipping off the guy they currently have and risk walking away with nothing

That's true. They could also look to move up on draft night and if they're successful then look to trade Jimmy G. 

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Cards will likely extend Chandler Jones to lower his cap hit... Reddick, Peterson and Fitz are still unsigned.  I expect one not to return (likely PP).

No way Larry Fitz plays for another team, but wouldn't mind seeing him go to TB if Godwin miraculously leaves or even if he stays.

Or he should just keep getting traded to w/e team is playing Philly so he can have another 1000 yard season.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He has missed 32 games over the last 5 seasons and only had 5 sacks last season on one of the worst defenses in NFL history. 

The sack numbers last season have moreso to do with nobody else on the Texans even showing up on defense, in the front seven and in the back four - Watt was a victim of a bad supporting cast, and it shows with the number of double teams he had to deal with.

The injuries are a bit of a misnomer, he played a full 16 this season. Two seasons ago he missed time with a pec injury that should have sidelined him for the year, but the guy still managed to come back for both playoff games.

If you're discounting him on old narratives... do you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I still don't think Atlanta is going qb. We will see though. But the niners aren't going to make that move up regardless, imo

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Depends on how far he falls, but most acknowledge that Jimmy g is likely the qb next year and the team signs a better backup and drafts OL / CB at 12.  The media really likes to play up the niners qb narrative, but they are more infatuated with it than the team, I think

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I still don't think Atlanta is going qb. We will see though. But the niners aren't going to make that move up regardless, imo

Id prefer they don't but noone knows what the new regime will do. And that could cause a team try to jump them or offer allot for ATL to trade down. For falcon fans it'll be an interesting off-season

Just now, Falconof Shadows said:

Id prefer they don't but noone knows what the new regime will do. And that could cause a team try to jump them or offer allot for ATL to trade down. For falcon fans it'll be an interesting off-season

I wouldn't be shocked if they do, I'm just not expecting it. Very weird but interesting spot for the falcons

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Odd that a 5 sack often-injured guy led the league in double team rate for edge players.

Maybe NFL teams know more about JJ then cold take bro?

Eh. Who else was worth defending against on that defense?

• Like 1