Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think @ET80 and @MWil23 called it - ppl are looking at TJ Watt’s icon not JJ’s.  

Even before that though people were like "oh he's playing in Arizona" like that's not going to benefit him? Going from playing with Whitney Mercilus to now playing with Chandler Jones is a massive upgrade.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

No one will take seriously because it’s not happening lol. Just like the lack of reports of teams calling in on Mahomes/Jackson etc. Your just making excuses why we aren’t hearing Rumors about other QBs and Not just Russell. The reason for this is Russell is unhappy in Seattle and teams know this, which is why they’re trying to trade for him. 

if you want to believe this is all made up click bait nonsense you can live in that delusion. 

Honest question: Did you come to this forum to actually discuss - which requires a willingness to accept that you could be wrong in order to actually take place in good faith?  Or did you come to this forum just to talk at people like you're some oracle of the absolute?  Because you're coming across extraordinarily egotistical.

You posed a question in your initial post that I quoted.  I answered that.  I answered it with something that is very simple and plain - that teams call about players (even star players) all the time and we just don't hear about it.  But apparently that "just isn't happening" because CP3MVP says it isn't.  So I guess it must not be happening.  God has spoken, right?

Sports media, in general, are intellectually dishonest for the sake of ratings, clicks, views (all of which trace back to being able to sell more ads and charge more for ad space, thereby making more money for the media network).  This shouldn't be up for debate, because it has been shown over and over again and is something brought up on this site at least once a day for the past half-decade.

The bolded above isn't happening.  You're not hearing what you want to hear and so you're projecting a situation that makes you look like you're blameless in this whole thing and the victim.  Grow up, dude.  I'm willing to accept that there may have been a crossing of wires and a miscommunication in this, but you've got to at least do the same, otherwise you're not discussing in good faith.

My point, going all the way back to my original post, is that yes, teams are calling about Russ.  They were doing it before these reports of Russ being unhappy surfaced; just like I indicated in my OP that teams have very likely called about the availability of Lamar Jackson consider how poorly the Ravens passing offense performed last season, coming on the heels of an MVP season for Lamar.  As cliche as it sounds, it speaks to the truth in that damn motivational quote that shows up on those posters with kittens or whatever: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."  When all that's involved in taking the shot is picking up the phone and making a call, you honestly believe GM's can't be troubled to even ask?

I'm not saying it's absolutely click-bait.  I'm saying that it could be because the sports media has given us plenty of reason to distrust them this time of year.  I have no dog in this fight - in fact, honestly, I'd love Russ to be out of the division - I'm just calling things like I see them, and I'm not giving entities credit that they don't deserve.  Ad I'm not going to attribute things as absolutes when there are very viable, logical possibilities that, by their very existence as possibilities, disqualify those things from being absolute.  That's not an excuse, that's basic math.

29 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Is OBJ still a thing or is he seen as just a solid WR at this point?

He was great last year until his injury. I think he’s gonna have an awesome year and be back in contention for being a top 5 WR, but I wouldn’t blame anyone for thinking he’s gonna be merely average. 

10 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

He was great last year until his injury. I think he’s gonna have an awesome year and be back in contention for being a top 5 WR, but I wouldn’t blame anyone for thinking he’s gonna be merely average. 

I ask b/c Brandon Marshall was on to speculating he’d be traded.  Everyone kinda forgot about him after the injury he’ll probably bounce back.  

34 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I ask b/c Brandon Marshall was on to speculating he’d be traded.  Everyone kinda forgot about him after the injury he’ll probably bounce back.  

Brandon Marshall is a player I loved. But the dude is bat poo crazy and isn’t some great source of information.

Our GM came out and flat-out stated OBJ will be back. We missed his explosive playmaking when he went down. We need him, as much as people want to point to Baker’s numbers without him. 

OBJ had 15 games with 100+ yards in his first 27 games.

• He has 10 games of 100+ yards in his last 55 games.

He had 25 TDs in his first 27 games and 26 TDs in the last 55.

• Or 35 TDs in his first 43 games and 16 TDs in his last 39.

He's more like 30+ age Desean Jackson now than he is a superstar.

3 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I think the minute we start thinking he's just a solid WR... he'll put up a 1,750/20 TD season.

He's somewhere between solid and elite. Not sure if that's top 10, but don't get tricked into thinking there are a lot of guys better than him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think the minute we start thinking he's just a solid WR... he'll put up a 1,750/20 TD season.

He's somewhere between solid and elite. Not sure if that's top 10, but don't get tricked into thinking there are a lot of guys better than him.

That’s how I feel. He’s not gonna threaten for WR #1. Especially in the Browns run-heavy TE-oriented offense, but if he’s healthy, he’s a stud still. People think he’s lost a step, but not really. He still glides past people, makes ridiculous catches, and can snap off routes with insane quickness. I think his biggest hurdle is that he doesn’t run consistent routes and he freelances a little bit. Plus, he’ll have some concentration drops. But the dude is still a baller. 

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That graph shows Watt had the highest rate of getting double-teamed last year, though.  To be clear, I don't think Watt's an elite EDGE rusher now, but either he's not going to get doubled as much with Chandler Jones around, or Chandler's going to dominate with more attention thrown elsewhere.

Im talking about TJ, not JJ lol The pass rushers that did the most last year despite getting doubled the most were Bosa and Garrett

7 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I still think hes a great WR who has had either 1) Bad QB play and 2) Injuries for the last 3-4 years. If he can stay healthy and find his fit into a offense he can still be a 1,200 yard 8 TD type of WR.

Biggest problem with OBJ in recent years in constant injuries. Hes always battling through something it seems.

He has missed 25 games in the last 4 years. Thats almost 2 full seasons of games missed with injuries in 4 years. He needs to stay healthy, but he is electric when he has compentant QB play and healthy.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I still think hes a great WR who has had either 1) Bad QB play and 2) Injuries for the last 3-4 years. If he can stay healthy and find his fit into a offense he can still be a 1,200 yard 8 TD type of WR.

Biggest problem with OBJ in recent years in constant injuries. Hes always battling through something it seems.

He has missed 25 games in the last 4 years. Thats almost 2 full seasons of games missed with injuries in 4 years. He needs to stay healthy, but he is electric when he has compentant QB play and healthy.

It's not just the injuries. It's that his head isn't screwed on straight. 

I know a guy who played WR at LSU who was a senior when OBJ was a freshman. He told me that Odell, Landry, and the honey badger used to take *a lot* of (psychedelic) drugs and do things like go to the old cemeteries in Louisiana. (Don't get me wrong, some amount of psychedelic drug use is acceptable)

That was obviously a long time ago, and it was college, so some of that type of f*ckery is to be expected. I mean, look at the honey badger, he is a pros pro right now. Odell? He still leads a rockstar lifestyle. He popularized a hairstyle that became the official f*ckboi haircut (f*ckbois are basically manwhores for those older folks reading this)

Nothing we have seen from Odell has shown that he is acting like a consummate professional off the field. At this level, you have to realllly take the extra steps off the field to compete. Not to say he doesn't work hard, he does, it's that he also partakes in many extracurricular activities 

This is the guy that *constantly* needs IVs before/during games. Everytime he goes to NY or CA he has a bad game and/or needs an IV. The guy flew to MIA to party on a yacht the week of a playoff game. I'm not here to kink shame but he didn't exactly deny the rumors that he had a woman take a dump on his chest. Thats not ... normal, for lack of a better word

He is an incredible athlete. A unicorn who could play any sport. Have you seen him kick a soccer ball? I honestly think the guy could have played in Europe. He doesn't run, he glides. Hes extremely coordinated his entire body including his left foot and left hand. He's got great length and a natural feel for the game to boot. 

He's a phenomenal player who has had injuries, been on bad teams, and been a tad bit immature. He's still a top level talent and will remind people who he is in the coming years. He is still young enough to figure it out. 

Edited by N4L

7 hours ago, N4L said:
16 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Honest question: Did you come to this forum to actually discuss - which requires a willingness to accept that you could be wrong in order to actually take place in good faith?  Or did you come to this forum just to talk at people like you're some oracle of the absolute?  Because you're coming across extraordinarily egotistical.

You posed a question in your initial post that I quoted.  I answered that.  I answered it with something that is very simple and plain - that teams call about players (even star players) all the time and we just don't hear about it.  But apparently that "just isn't happening" because CP3MVP says it isn't.  So I guess it must not be happening.  God has spoken, right?

Sports media, in general, are intellectually dishonest for the sake of ratings, clicks, views (all of which trace back to being able to sell more ads and charge more for ad space, thereby making more money for the media network).  This shouldn't be up for debate, because it has been shown over and over again and is something brought up on this site at least once a day for the past half-decade.

The bolded above isn't happening.  You're not hearing what you want to hear and so you're projecting a situation that makes you look like you're blameless in this whole thing and the victim.  Grow up, dude.  I'm willing to accept that there may have been a crossing of wires and a miscommunication in this, but you've got to at least do the same, otherwise you're not discussing in good faith.

My point, going all the way back to my original post, is that yes, teams are calling about Russ.  They were doing it before these reports of Russ being unhappy surfaced; just like I indicated in my OP that teams have very likely called about the availability of Lamar Jackson consider how poorly the Ravens passing offense performed last season, coming on the heels of an MVP season for Lamar.  As cliche as it sounds, it speaks to the truth in that damn motivational quote that shows up on those posters with kittens or whatever: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."  When all that's involved in taking the shot is picking up the phone and making a call, you honestly believe GM's can't be troubled to even ask?

I'm not saying it's absolutely click-bait.  I'm saying that it could be because the sports media has given us plenty of reason to distrust them this time of year.  I have no dog in this fight - in fact, honestly, I'd love Russ to be out of the division - I'm just calling things like I see them, and I'm not giving entities credit that they don't deserve.  Ad I'm not going to attribute things as absolutes when there are very viable, logical possibilities that, by their very existence as possibilities, disqualify those things from being absolute.  That's not an excuse, that's basic math.

It’s not happening because we are not getting any type of reports or inside information on it from the people who have been plugged in for years.

We are only getting these rumors on a handful of QB’s 3 of which(Wentz/Goff/Stafford) have been moved already. Where there is smoke there is fire. We are not talking about the entire sports media, we are talking about people who have been breaking stories for years. The Lamar Jackson point doesn’t make sense because there have been zero reports of the Ravens trading him or teams calling in on him, unlike Russ.

I’m  going to give the people who have been plugged in to the league for years(and in some cases decades) the credit and day they know what’s up. 

Edited by CP3MVP

15 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

Lol.  No he wasn't.  He had 23 receptions on 43 targets, which is good for a 53.5 catch percentage.  For comparison, Marquez Valdes-Scantling has a catch percentage of 52.4 and 80% of Packer fans hate him so bad they can't see that he led the league in yards per reception by a LOT and they don't understand what a good deep threat is.  He also had 7.4 yards per target.

He wasn't great.  He's an okay #2 receiver in the league at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  No he wasn't.  He had 23 receptions on 43 targets, which is good for a 53.5 catch percentage.  For comparison, Marquez Valdes-Scantling has a catch percentage of 52.4 and 80% of Packer fans hate him so bad they can't see that he led the league in yards per reception by a LOT and they don't understand what a good deep threat is.  He also had 7.4 yards per target.

He wasn't great.  He's an okay #2 receiver in the league at this point. 

Ok cool.