The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Understand wanting to get a QB to push Carr, but that thought died when COVID happened. Carr was never gonna seriously get pushed under the circumstances. 

I agree with the premise but the fact that anyone thought a bum like MM would push Carr is downright insane.  I am all for having a competent back up and even allocating 5 to 7 million to do so but MM is just not that guy.  Can we cut him next season or will there be a cap hit?  

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking about a post in another thread about Raekwon McMillan being traded for and not getting any snaps, it seems to be a common theme since Gruden has been back that we've just burned through draft picks for trades:

5th Rd pick for AJ McCarron - no impact

3rd Rd pick for Martavis Bryant - very little impact

3rd & 5th Rd picks for Antonio Brown - negative impact

6th Rd pick for Trevor Davis - very little impact

5th Rd pick for Raekwon McMillan - no impact 

5th Rd pick for Zay Jones - small impact  

7th Rd pick for Christian Hackenburg - 😁😁😁

We've not had any impact at all basically save a couple plays from Zay Jones and Trevor Davis losing us a game. Those 3rd and 5th round picks are unlikely to be stars but they could be depth guys or guys like Renfrow, Moreau, Hurst. Overall they've probably had a negative overall effect.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just thinking about a post in another thread about Raekwon McMillan being traded for and not getting any snaps, it seems to be a common theme since Gruden has been back that we've just burned through draft picks for trades:

5th Rd pick for AJ McCarron - no impact

3rd Rd pick for Martavis Bryant - very little impact

3rd & 5th Rd picks for Antonio Brown - negative impact

6th Rd pick for Trevor Davis - very little impact

5th Rd pick for Raekwon McMillan - no impact 

5th Rd pick for Zay Jones - small impact  

7th Rd pick for Christian Hackenburg - 😁😁😁

We've not had any impact at all basically save a couple plays from Zay Jones and Trevor Davis losing us a game. Those 3rd and 5th round picks are unlikely to be stars but they could be depth guys or guys like Renfrow, Moreau, Hurst. Overall they've probably had a negative overall effect.

I think that Hackenberg pick was sent back to us. He didn’t make the team! I don’t see why McMillen doesn’t see the field in our base 4-3. He’s good against the run. Ballage was looking like a stud against us. Littleton and Morrow both undersized LBs, and more coverage LBs. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think that Hackenberg pick was sent back to us. He didn’t make the team! I don’t see why McMillen doesn’t see the field in our base 4-3. He’s good against the run. Ballage was looking like a stud against us. Littleton and Morrow both undersized LBs, and more coverage LBs. 

Yeo, I think it was but its pretty laughable (or scary) that we actually traded for him! The McMillan thing is really puzzling, both Littleton and Morrow are smaller, faster LBs but both are pretty weak tacklers. I guess we're playing Littleton at SLB which is McMilllan's natural position but you would think he could come in for Morrow.

Should make these moves 

- McMilllen as SLB, Littleton to WLB. Bench Morrow. Littleton and Kwit stay on the field during 5 DB looks 

- Joyner as FS

- Mullen, Johnson as the two outside CBs, Arnette in the slot when he is ready

- get Irving one in on 3rd downs 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Should make these moves 

- McMilllen as SLB, Littleton to WLB. Bench Morrow. Littleton and Kwit stay on the field during 5 DB looks 

- Joyner as FS

im with all this. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Should make these moves 

- Joyner as FS

I don't know what to think/expect from Irving but less Collins must be a win right?! Not sure if we've seen it but I think Hurst and Vickers together could be quite disruptive...

(I feel like I'm promoting them with all the vid shares but they have the best breakdowns 👀)

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Should make these moves 

- Joyner as FS

Would McMilllan get abused in coverage on TEs though in that setup?  The other thing I'd change is put Lawson at slot corner where i think he's best and Arnette on the perimeter when he's healthy. Arnette was doing pretty well there and wouldn't want to disrupt his development unless he shows he cant succeed outside. 

7 hours ago, Ryno said:

I don't know what to think/expect from Irving but less Collins must be a win right?! Not sure if we've seen it but I think Hurst and Vickers together could be quite disruptive...

(I feel like I'm promoting them with all the vid shares but they have the best breakdowns 👀)

Vickers has done really well IMO, he's looked like our best interior player outside Hankins and been a really nice find....... disappointed he's not getting more snaps (Collin's snaps at least)

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Would McMilllan get abused in coverage on TEs though in that setup?  The other thing I'd change is put Lawson at slot corner where i think he's best and Arnette on the perimeter when he's healthy. Arnette was doing pretty well there and wouldn't want to disrupt his development unless he shows he cant succeed outside. 

This. Arnett is an outside corner. I don't see him being successful in the slot.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:23 AM, Ryno said:

Even if he doesn't get sacks he's closing speed is incredible for a DT. That alone will help will mobile QBs.