Week 2 - Rams (1-0) @ Eagles (0-1)

TheRealMcCoy

Im rooting for the Eagles this season except for this week. For those who are talking about narratives, Goff is (0-1) against Wentz h2h. So the narrative is Goff ties the h2h series up (1-1) with Wentz. I dont see McVay going (0-3) h2h against Pederson. The Rams also are great at starting hot in the season. Under McVay the past three seasons the Rams have started off (3-1), (4-0), and (3-1). So I expect the same to happen especially since what happened last season where it was a bit of a down year and they failed to make the playoffs. Yes Donald has been quiet against the Eagles but he has been quiet against the Cowboys but came out Week 1 and put on a show. He was all over Dak and the backfield and had 10 pressures the most he has had since 2018. As for traveling across the country, yes its tough for teams to do so but the Rams are one of the best road teams under McVay in the NFL. Two years ago they had to travel across the country to play the Jags then go to London to play the Cards then go to New York to play the Giants before coming home to play the Texans. As a matter of fact they were away from LA for like a month. They went undefeated in that stretch. Im not concerned about the travels. The Rams actually play better on the road than at home. 

Now before the season started I predicted the Rams would lose this game so I wont be shocked if that happens BUT I feel like the Rams understand how important this game is. They just beat Dallas so beating the Eagles would be even better. Later in the season when factoring the WC spots it could come down to either Dallas or Philly trying to get one of those last WC spots because the other one will have won the NFC East. H2H will make because the Rams if they dont win the NFC West will also look to fight for a WC and cant afford to lose any h2h tiebreakers. Thats what cost the Rams last season where they missed the playoffs by one game due to Zeurlein missing a FG in Seattle that wouldve had them in the playoffs and Seattle missing out. So I think the Rams win this game in a close one 27-20. After this week I hope the Eagles go (14-0) and get and stay healthy the rest of the way. Hopefully see yall again in the NFCCG. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

if we can somehow see Hargrave in action this weekend that would be fantastic. Seems unlikely but still would be great. 

No thank you. Hargrave just started practicing middle of this week. 

The other guys... sure. Lane won't be 100% but we need him out there and he's a tough guy that can play through some pain.

NOW THAT IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!

Barnett is listed as questionable though.

Biggest one on here is that Hargrave was a full participant today. Still don't expect to see him till week 3, but that's a good sign. Get his conditioning up and work him in with limited snaps against the Bengals and then hopefully get a bigger workload week 4 against the 49ers for prime time.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NOW THAT IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!

Barnett is listed as questionable though.

Biggest one on here is that Hargrave was a full participant today. Still don't expect to see him till week 3, but that's a good sign. Get his conditioning up and work him in with limited snaps against the Bengals and then hopefully get a bigger workload week 4 against the 49ers for prime time.

He was dropped off the injury report see the -? he is playing. 

Edit: Oh you already figured that out.

Edited by ninjapirate