What are you reading? V1

Forge

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Well, something finally happened on page 140

Is that the part the grocery store sends Mr Bowditch pork spare ribs instead of beef tenderloin on accident so Charlie leaves an angry yelp review? I was mortified for both of them 

• Like 1

So this stretch of pages was focused on charlie giving the old man a sponge bath, them watching the voice together (charlie even downloaded a couple episodes on his laptop with no commericals!), and the old man wanting to go to charlies football games but charlie doesnt want to play football because he is the most selfless person who ever exisited

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

The fairy tale part is going to start soon, so i cant quit now

But i do need a break

I’m partway through my 12 week break from it. Got halfway through my library ebook loan and now I’m in purgatory til it’s available again lol

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

I’m partway through my 12 week break from it. Got halfway through my library ebook loan and now I’m in purgatory til it’s available again lol

It annoys me that stephen king ripped off blood meridian with how he does the chapter descriptions 

So far, its the worst stephen king book i ever read, but its still well written and very clear and visual of whats going on.

But to be fair, its the 17 year old kid writing the book, so maybe hes an unreliable narrator and really a POS in real life and is just twisting the events

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

It annoys me that stephen king ripped off blood meridian with how he does the chapter descriptions 

Stephen king? Ripping off another writer? Surely, we aren’t talking about the same Stephen King?

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

So far, its the worst stephen king book i ever read, but its still well written and very clear and visual of whats going on.

But to be fair, its the 17 year old kid writing the book, so maybe hes an unreliable narrator and really a POS in real life and is just twisting the events

The first part of the book read very similarly to a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, then somewhere out of nowhere he ditches his entire perspective and personality and becomes a classic literature obsessed savant hellbent on living the old man’s life for him 

• Like 1

Going through the Dark Tower series again.  I made it to book 6 before the pandemic on my commute to work and stopped once we started working remote.  

After that I think I want to read some Brandon Sanderson.  I've never read anything of his, is there a recommended place to start?

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Taking a little break from Stormfront. Dresden’s perspective is just grinding and none of the characters have any amount of depth 

Storm Front is very much a first book, by the second book it takes a jump up and the third one things really get clipping along.

• Like 1