Should Matt Ryan retire as a Atlanta Falcon or win a SB somewhere else?

Championshiporbust

7 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t think a QB with Ryan’s mobility is going to win another Super Bowl. In a few years I think QBs like him are barely going to exist.

QBs just like him have won 8 of the last 10 Super Bowls, the exceptions being Mahomes ('19) and Wilson ('13).

Classic pocket QBs aren't going extinct anytime soon. Even the best of the new breed have to be just as great inside the pocket, as they are outside.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Look at what was traded for Julio... It wound up being a non-factor. 

You can't fairly make that statement, because the Falcons wouldn't have used the picks on the same players as did the Browns. Though the Browns did little with the picks they got, there were better players available at those spots that could have been chosen.

Knowing what they know now though, Falcons probably still make the trade for Julio regardless though, but that's only with the benefit of hindsight.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

8 hours ago, scar988 said:

Look at what was traded for Julio... It wound up being a non-factor. 

Does that mean that's what you guys would have taken? It's also a matter of philosophy.

And for the record, I'm not suggesting you could have gotten multiple studs, or even ONE stud from who you could have drafted. That's not what my perspective hinges on.