Should Matt Ryan retire as a Atlanta Falcon or win a SB somewhere else?

Championshiporbust

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I find Ryans career to be more impressive then a guy like Phillip Rivers and everyone thinks hes going to the HOF

Rivers isn’t. We’ve had this discussion here. It’s basically split. Ryan existing is probably a part of the reason he doesn’t get in 

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Rivers isn’t. We’ve had this discussion here. It’s basically split. Ryan existing is probably a part of the reason he doesn’t get in 

Yeah I feel like Ryans window isnt closed though. Hes still throwing 300+ yard multi-TD games. If the Falcons could recognize they have about 1 or 2 years left of this offense which IS championship cailber and actually dump all assets into their defense they could win another ring next year.

Brady/Brees could both retire after this year and it would give the Falcons a nice little opening  (if they invest heavy into defense) to make a real run

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

He should not make the same mistake Joe Thomas made and remain with a mediocre franchise for the rest of his career.

Thomas never got to play in the postseason.

Thomas was wired differently. Dude bypassed attending the draft to go fishing with his dad lol. I honestly can't say that I am sure Joe even cared that he never made it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pf9 said:

He should not make the same mistake Joe Thomas made and remain with a mediocre franchise for the rest of his career.

Thomas never got to play in the postseason.

Joe Thomas never got to the post season.

Matt Ryan has had 6 postseason appearances in his first 12 seasons. Not bad for a guy who people think sucks. 

Edited by scar988

19 hours ago, DannyB said:

Does that mean that's what you guys would have taken? It's also a matter of philosophy.

And for the record, I'm not suggesting you could have gotten multiple studs, or even ONE stud from who you could have drafted. That's not what my perspective hinges on.

Jimmy Smith CB
Muhammad Wilkerson DE 
Cameron Hayward DE

Are just three impact 1st round players that could have made a HUGE difference on Atlanta that they could have drafted, never mind all the other picks that panned out into great players at other positions. 5v1! 

Ryan gonna go down as one of the most under-appreciated QBs of our generation. Falcons just don’t know how to win big games, and while Ryan is guilty of some of it, it’s most on coaching and FO. 

Even right now Ryan is having a lights out season, but no one is talking about it because they are 0-2.