GDT 9/28/2020 Week 3: 2-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 2-0 Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

Yeah most of the problems on defense IMO has been player execution and not as much on Wink. He’s done the best he can with what he has.

Theres just too much to handle without getting great pressure.

The offense on the other hand is a joke. The OL has been bad at pass blocking in every game. It’s looking like a bottom 5 unit in the league propped up by Lamar’s mobility. The run blocking is probably above average in that 10-12 range propped up by Lamar’s mobility.

When Lamar struggles Roman has nothing setup to get him in a groove. That said it’s hard to do anything offensively when your OL lets defenders through to blow up screen passes. When the OL can’t block for more than 1.5 seconds. You can’t dial deep passes to beat the blitz for big plays when Lamar can’t stay in the pocket and set his feet because the OL.

The OL is a cess pool.

This hissy fit everyone is throwing over a week 3 game is pretty ridiculous. This wasn't a playoff game. This wasn't a game that "mattered" any more than losing week 3 against the Chiefs last year did. Our SB teams had bad regular season games. The 12 team got embarassed by the Broncos.

We had a game where the offense and defense both played poorly. They are both good units. Hopefully we get to play the CHiefs again and one or both show up better. It's a long season, so I hope we get the chance. I never cared much about the bye and homefield is nothing this year.

• Like 1

Just now, wackywabbit said:

This hissy fit everyone is throwing over a week 3 game is pretty ridiculous. This wasn't a playoff game. This wasn't a game that "mattered" any more than losing week 3 against the Chiefs last year did. Our SB teams had bad regular season games. The 12 team got embarassed by the Broncos.

We had a game where the offense and defense both played poorly. They are both good units. Hopefully we get to play the CHiefs again and one or both show up better. It's a long season, so I hope we get the chance. I never cared much about the bye and homefield is nothing this year.

It's a trend. The 12 team also played great playoff games the previous 6 years against good team and never crapped the bed. 

We've played HORRIBLE in the 2 playoff games we've played in the last X years. Played the same exact way against the best team in the AFC.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hey guys guess what? Because of this game, Lamar is no longer even a good QB, according to NFLGen. He's not a good passer, never been a dominant player and is completely overrated.

Man I hate this place sometimes.

Stay outta there and off social media for a while my man. Will do no good.

• Like 3

I learned from this that we need a new passing game coordinator, because the plays they draw up to get people the ball in space on EASY throws were just remarkable. Get your playmakers the ball in space and let them break tackles. It's been the freaking formula since FOREVER in this league and yet I still see the Ravens struggling with this concept at times. Hell, we don't even PLAY one of our best playmakers (Dobbins).

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

How is it a hissy fit to judge a team based on embarrassing performances in big games? Call it like it is. We can't beat the Chiefs and they embarrassed us. 

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hey guys guess what? Because of this game, Lamar is no longer even a good QB, according to NFLGen. He's not a good passer, never been a dominant player and is completely overrated.

Man I hate this place sometimes.

Nothing the Ravens did in the regular season was going to do anything to quiet the Lamar haters.

We are making the playoffs barring devastating injuries. That's the only thing that I'm going to get too bothered about in the regular season.

Other than maybe losing to the Browns, again.