Week 3; football team addition, 5 up and 5 down

Kiwibrown

1. St Kevin the savior- he is a good coach at a basic level at least organized, on time, makes good challenges, everyone knows what they are doing. Puts guys in a spot to do their best, Chubb, Baker, especially. I had given him a pass until week 4, our team is a head of schedule.

2. Joe Woods- Goodson had an int, fumble recovery and a pass deflection, improved over 3 weeks. As a defense we weren't perfect by any stretch but we did enough to win. 

3. Nick Chubb had an average nick chubb game, 100 yards, two 2ds, broken tackles, 20 yard run. He is pure best player imo.

3. Myles garrett the ice man, game changing play, sack, ff, fr and sacks and run stuff. Good game..

4. Sheldon richardson playing at a pro bowl level pd, 1.5 sacks iirc

5. Other play makers, obj, Kareem and harrison bryant

Hm baker

Down. 

1. Defense still needs to get better 

2. We need another healthy de

3. Leaky vs the run

4. Wills let sweat past too many times

5. Yo mumma

If Stefanski isn't the best coach we've had since I was old enough to pay attention to games, he's at least good enough to have us in contention almost every week. Easily the no. 1 Up. Also, Baker didn't have a TO. 

On the negative side, we had 4 turnovers that really helped the offense take advantage. I think this game is a lot different if there aren't 4 turnovers in our favor. We're going to live and die with the offense each week so that'll be the key to every single game. 

• Like 1

What I like about Stefanski is that he’s not an idiot. He’s not going to put Baker in bad positions. The fact that he knew what plays to run when we got turnovers was really encouraging as well.

How many times in the past would we only score field goals after turnovers? Way too freaking many.

• Like 1

Up:

1. K Hunt (don't say that fast) with two major catches; the one-handed grab and the TD.

2. Stefanski's play calling. It's a thing of beauty, and I think will only improve.

3. Myles with that insane strip sack and recovering the ball to boot. Pro Bowl play right there.

4. Defense creating turnovers

5. Winning the games you should win for 2 weeks in a row

Down:

1. Linebackers had a better game this week but are still obviously the weak link

2. Getting pushed down the field when Washington went hurry-up

3. Run D

4. No crowds...so weird. The place would have been absolutely rocking if it was at capacity!

5. No cheerleaders (I had to borrow one from a few years ago since I don't have much to complain about)

Five Up:

+5 TOs

Nick Chubb

Myles Garrett

Stefansky

Parky

Five Down:

Ward the china doll

Mayfield of the intentional grounding and sacks

Wills of the false starts

Woods (some of the D's porousness must have something to do with his schemes)

Decision to dress 4 WRs and considering Natson one

46 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Exactly 

hes still too aggressive to me at times 

fake punt

going for it on 4th against the bengals instead of taking 3

and going for it on 4th today

he trust them more than I do 

He has only showed rookie mistakes in his first game imo.

Data suggest going for it on 4th down.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Last year it was our team elevating the coach, this year it's the coaches elevating the team.

well thats how it should be. The Browns talent is good enough to win 6 games. I believe coaching is good for a 3 game swing. Good coaching will give you about +3 wins and bad coaching will get you at least -3 wins. Talent and good coaching, this team should be at least a 9 win team

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

up

Hm baker

Down. 

You’ve read my mind. Baker throwing the ball today wasn’t good. He missed a few, theory forthcoming. But his game managing was delightful. One play in particular...the td pass to Bryant was all on Baker. Listened to Stefanski and he said it was a poorly executed play and Baker improvised and made it work. 

Now my theory. Because of the worst offseason to get prepared for the onseason (sue me) coupled with a new coach we’ve had not enough time to install a very complex zone blocking scheme offense. 1st week against a formidable foe with the 1st time to test the offense, didn’t look good. 2nd week of what was installed the 1st week against a not so formidable foe we looked really good. 3rd week we installed more of the offense against a decent defense. We looked shaky. 

Look what I saw today is what I expected. New coach under Covid circumstances is not a good setting. I have fully embraced a non expectation year. 

Chubb 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nick Chubb needs to be talked about more on a national level. I don’t see a better back in the league than him. Sure, Alvin Kamara, McCaffrey, and a couple other guys as all purpose backs, but when it comes to being the total package runner, I put him right there with guys like Zeke Elliott. He’s an obvious up. 

Stefanski obviously with a good game plan. I still think the defense sucks and will get exploited it going forward but give them credit for making some place today and getting the most out of the talent that was out on the field.

Mayfield is playing well enough to win and isn’t forcing a bunch of dumb passes. That is what we need out of him.

OL doing what they need to do. 

I really feel like we have gotten the most out of the tower out there the past two weeks. It’s hard to forget week 1 so I am eager to see how we look next week on the road against Dallas.