Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

Random fun fact for the day. Julio Jones has played 10 seasons in the NFL, in those 10 seasons, Julio Jones has had 6 seasons with 6 or fewer touchdowns. Or in other words, on Christmas this year, Kamara matched (or bested) Julio Jones touchdown output in 6 of his 10 seasons career seasons

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

whose ignoring his reviving impact? But CMCs a better dual threat. And even with that pass catching threat, Henry is so much better as a runner that he will still have more total yards. Oh, and i dont think youre gonna find too many people that will use TDs as a differentiator. but you do you.

Great agree to disagree, some have Kamara, some have Henry, and some have McCaffrey as their top RB. At this point they all have arguments.

27 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It's there, I don't have to do much more at this point. You don't view him as the best that's fine. Many do.

So its a secret argument, 10-4. 

@RuskieTitan no, Henry did not retire. Hes just not good enough to have secret argument as to why hes the best.

Edited by GSUeagles14

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Nope it's already out there not rehashing with you. But you do you lol

for the record you didnt. and its clearly not a rehashing issue as you took the time to reply to the post. you surely cant be talking about where you just listed his stats (which arent even the best) so theres been no argument made in at least months and quite possibly years.

15 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

for the record you didnt. and its clearly not a rehashing issue as you took the time to reply to the post. you surely cant be talking about where you just listed his stats (which arent even the best) so theres been no argument made in at least months and quite possibly years.

His stats are right up with the best in several categories. His versatility is undoubtedly better than guys like Cook and Henry. McCaffrey and Kamara are fairly similar in production/versatility. At the end of the day I'm taking Kamara his combo of versatility, balance, quickness, and burst to go along with elite production makes him my top RB. You don't have to agree, I don't really care, but this notion that you think it's some sort of outlandish claim is amusing.

33 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

His stats are right up with the best in several categories. His versatility is undoubtedly better than guys like Cook and Henry. McCaffrey and Kamara are fairly similar in production/versatility. At the end of the day I'm taking Kamara his combo of versatility, balance, quickness, and burst to go along with elite production makes him my top RB. You don't have to agree, I don't really care, but this notion that you think it's some sort of outlandish claim is amusing.

Henry will have more total yards as a runner than Kamara combined most likely. CMCs production is factually better. its actually not that close. Cook will also be pretty drastically ahead of Kamara in scrimmage yards despite missing a game (cook averages right around 25% more total yards than Kamara/game) the rest is solely based on your opinion that i have no interest in arguing. Although i look forward to this standard of (well, even though other guys produce better, _____ just looks o have better balance and is quicker when I watch him). This is known as the eye test, which almost nobody should care about another persons eye test.

41 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Henry will have more total yards as a runner than Kamara combined most likely. CMCs production is factually better. its actually not that close. Cook will also be pretty drastically ahead of Kamara in scrimmage yards despite missing a game (cook averages right around 25% more total yards than Kamara/game) the rest is solely based on your opinion that i have no interest in arguing. Although i look forward to this standard of (well, even though other guys produce better, _____ just looks o have better balance and is quicker when I watch him). This is known as the eye test, which almost nobody should care about another persons eye test.

So just so I have this clear having the most yards is how you define the best player at their position then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

*in the conversation for being 4th best. 

Fixed it for ya bud. A previously covered TDs arent really skill based, I dont even think you are arguing that they are. Or am i wrong. Henry will very likely have more rushing yards alone than Kamara has scrimmage yards and he will do it (again,  (anvery likely) with more efficiency. No one is saying it hasnt been a great year, it just doesnt touch Henrys or Cooks this year or CMCs last year (and possibly not even his 2018 year).

Of course you wouldn't want TDs counted since Julio can't seem to find the endzone so putting an emphasis on them would make sure he's not in the discussion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

So just so I have this clear having the most yards is how you define the best player at their position then?

no, yards and efficiency. Getting 500 carries at 3.5 ypc is worthless. RB is all about efficiency, and more impressively, holding that efficiency with higher volume. But, for the record, you judge it on tds, so when Kamara inevitably slips to 11 or whatever next year (because as @Jakuvious already pointed out, tds are more about situation and opportunity than skill) then you will admit that kamara undoubtedly got worse as a player.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Of course you wouldn't want TDs counted since Julio can't seem to find the endzone so putting an emphasis on them would make sure he's not in the discussion.

what does Julio Jones has to do with this? so sensitive and quite frankly so immature. grow up dude, i assume youre an adult, right? act like it.