Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

On 11/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, ET80 said:

And I'd say the gap between Henry as a runner and Kamara as a runner is about as big as Kamara and Henry as a receiver. I'll stand by that, Henry is running the ball like nobody else since Dickerson or Prime Peterson. 

Standing by this...

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

seconded. Henry is just on a different level than anyone else in the game. Its preposterous.

I think there have been seven 200 yard rushing games since 2017, and Henry has four of them!?

Yeah, I officially don't care whether or not he catches the ball. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think there have been seven 200 yard rushing games since 2017, and Henry has four of them!?

This is just absurd considering he’s  pretty much done this in not even three full seasons as a starter.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSlim said:

This is just absurd considering he’s  pretty much done this in not even three full seasons as a starter.

Absurd is one way to put it. Henry is right now on pace to be the best RB in Titans/Oilers history - and that's a history that includes Earl Campbell and Eddie George.

With Detroit, Green Bay and Houston on the docket, 2,106+ is a possibility. 

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Absurd is one way to put it. Henry is right now on pace to be the best RB in Titans/Oilers history - and that's a history that includes Earl Campbell and Eddie George.

2000 is possible, that rushing record is going to be a tall task though. He’d have to average about 191 ypg in these final 3 games. I know GB, DET and HOU don’t have great run defenses but that would be almost unheard of to go on a run like that.

Now that I think about it, Henry did go on that 3 game stretch to end last season where he rushed for more than that 191 ypg average, so....Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office 

55 minutes ago, ET80 said:

however impressive i will say that stat adds on the unneccessary 2 tds. 

and the yardage record woukd be very tough. we've seen a run (no pun intended) like that from him before though. and i still when peterson took a shot at it, coming down the stretch he was gettung like 150 every week if i remember right. ended coming up maybe 20 yards shy but it was exciting to see.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

they displayed the stat on the broadcast today- since 2018, henry has 4 200-yard games. the rest of the nfl also has 4 200-yard games in that time span. so, 50% of the nfl's 200-yard rushing games since 2018. 😳

• Like 1

Something about that 2nd meeting vs the Jags that Henry just feasts on. Last 3 years he gets held in check in their 1st meeting, in then in late November/early December just decimates them

2018: 237 yards and 4 TDs on 17 carries (the birth of king Henry)

2019: 159 yards and 2 TDs on 19 carries

2020: 215 yards and 2 TDs on 26 carries

December means we've officially have entered Derrick Henry szn. Will be exciting. Packers vs Titans should be a ground vs air shootout.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

December means we've officially have entered Derrick Henry szn. Will be exciting. Packers vs Titans should be a ground vs air shootout.

He's also got dates vs the 29th rush defense (Detroit) and the 31st rush defense (Houston). 

With the Texans, he'll be looking for his 3rd consecutive 200 yard game against that particular defense. 

51 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I will die on the Henry is overrated hill.

Would you prefer knife in the back or bludgeoned by a hammer?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - and I really value yours, you're one of the best posters here - so I'm curious to this stance. Why do you think this?

Honestly.. I don't even know why we debate players who are so different sometimes

We're borderline not even arguing who the better player is, as much as what playstyle we prefer

It's like Tyreke Hill vs DK Metcalf, only even more pronounced. There are some who will never put a 5'10" guy in the same category as an equally effective 6'5" guy, and some will say the reverse if a guy can't run under 4.3

It almost isn't even worth trying and just agreeing that right now Henry and Kamara are the best of their respective archetypes

11 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Honestly.. I don't even know why we debate players who are so different sometimes

We're borderline not even arguing who the better player is, as much as what playstyle we prefer

It's like Tyreke Hill vs DK Metcalf, only even more pronounced. There are some who will never put a 5'10" guy in the same category as an equally effective 6'5" guy, and some will say the reverse if a guy can't run under 4.3

It almost isn't even worth trying and just agreeing that right now Henry and Kamara are the best of their respective archetypes

Yeah its impossible to argue because they'll always have such different statistics and are used in such different players. Henry wouldn't be nearly as useful on the Saints and Kamara wouldn't be nearly as useful on the Titans. Both fit their respective offenses perfectly. Henry is an absolute load, I love watching him play.