Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Maybe to you. A RB in the passing game is a large function of how an offensive scheme is set up - the Titans really don't throw to RBs, even when they had a RB to throw to.

When I think of the best RB, I think of a guy who gets rushing yards. I get it's not a full view of TYFS, but when you have a guy like Henry who is running in a very dominant fashion, I'm not one to ignore that.

I look at it as who produces more. I’d take a running back who gets me 30 rush yards and 70 rec yards for a total of 100 anyway over a RB who who just get me 70 rushing. Plus a TON of kamaras receiving yards are quick little shovel passes which are basically runs in our offense. 

but hey, you like what you like 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'll say Kamara is a better offensive threat, sure. Pass catching is largely a function of how an offense operates - you either design things to get a RB involved in the passing game, or you don't.

I really don't know what Henry would look like in a Saints offense, much like I don't know how Kamara would look in a Titans offense.

Fair enough, I can agree with this 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

but hey, you like what you like 

It's not like I dislike guys like Kamara or McCaffrey - I just think it's a different classification of player. Satellite back, maybe?

It's like when Wes Welker was catching 100+ for 1,200+ with the Pats and Broncos - you didn't compare him to guys like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald, because their function in their offense was so different. 

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's not like I dislike guys like Kamara or McCaffrey - I just think it's a different classification of player. Satellite back, maybe?

It's like when Wes Welker was catching 100+ for 1,200+ with the Pats and Broncos - you didn't compare him to guys like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald, because their function in their offense was so different. 

Understandable but I consider satellite backs more like guys that can only catch and not great runners, like a dion Lewis. Mcaffrey and kamara are both excellent runners inside the tackles 

• Like 1

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the best RB in the NFL right now. For starters he's got the freshest legs and least financial security out of anyone in the conversation. He's also 3rd in total rushing yards this year while just getting his feet wet and competing with a crapton of other weapons. And none of these other RB's in the top 10 are anywhere near him as a receiver. The only thing these other meatheads got on him is hammering the ball into the endzone on 4th and goal.

Edited by Kirill

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the best RB in the NFL right now. For starter's he's got the freshest legs and least financial security out of anyone in the conversation. He's also 3rd in total rushing yards this year while just getting his feet wet and competing with a crapton of other weapons. And none of these RB's in the top 10 are anywhere near him as a receiver. The only thing these other meatheads got on him is hammering the ball into the endzone on 4th and goal.

Hope this is a joke, kamara averaging more rushing yards per touch, rec yards per touch, more total yards per touch and more touchdowns. Also Clyde sees the least amount of 8 man boxes in the league. I love Clyde, I’m an LSU fan and cheer for him, but no. 

are you being serious and think Clyde is a better receiver than mcaffrey and kamara? Can’t tell if joking or not 

Edited by GamedayGuru

2 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Hope this is a joke, kamara averaging more rushing yards per touch, rec yards per touch, more total yards per touch and more touchdowns. Also Clyde sees the least amount of 8 man boxes in the league. I love Clyde, I’m an LSU fan and cheer for him, but no. 

are you being serious and think Clyde is a better receiver than mcaffrey and kamara? Can’t tell if joking or not 

I just looked at the rushing leaders. mccafrey and kamara aren't in the top 10. This is a what have you done for me lately league... ESPECIALLY that position. I'm sure you've noticed running backs getting huge contracts doesn't always lead to big time production.

Just now, Kirill said:

I just looked at the rushing leaders. mccafrey and kamara aren't in the top 10. This is a what have you done for me lately league... ESPECIALLY that position. I'm sure you've noticed running backs getting huge contracts doesn't always lead to big time production.

This isn’t a who’s the best runner thread, it’s who’s the best complete back thread, which means receiving as well, you even mentioned it in your argument but now against it when it doesn’t support your claim? Lol these kinds of posts are why I rarely post. 

anyway Bruce arians just came out and said he coached Marshall Faulk and he believes Kamara is better. 

2 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

He shouldn’t say running back, he should say runner. Kamara is leading the league in yards from scrimmage and I also believe yards per touch which is just mind boggling. Meaning if you give kamara the ball as many times as any other player in the league, he’s going to out produce them.... so yes, kamara is the best RB this season... and he’s a touchdown machine also. 

Kamara has 7 touchdowns in 7 games. Cook has 11 in 6 games. 

Cook is the touchdown machine now.

18 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Clyde has played in 8 games, kamara only 7, and kamara still has outsourced him by over 200+ yards, Kamara averaging 140 a game and Clyde 98. 

and get THIS, Clyde has had 146 touches, kamara only 144 lol. Go sit down 

If Clyde has to fight for touches because of all the weapons as you say then why is kamara out producing him by 220 yards on LESS carries? You said it yourself Clyde has more weapons so teams key on kamara way more, and Michael Thomas is out lol

Edited by GamedayGuru

10 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Kamara has 7 touchdowns in 7 games. Cook has 11 in 6 games. 

Cook is the touchdown machine now.

Agreed, Cook is a monster! Love him 

when I said kamara is a TD machine I believe in like 40 games kamara has like 38 touchdowns 

cook - 35 games, 30 touchdowns, 698 touches, 23.2 Touches per touchdown 

kamara - 52 games, 44 touchdowns, 870 touches, 19.7 touches per touchdown 

so Kamara scores touchdowns per touch at a rate of 3.2% higher than dalvin 

Edited by GamedayGuru

10 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Clyde has played in 8 games, kamara only 7, and kamara still has outsourced him by over 200+ yards, Kamara averaging 140 a game and Clyde 98. 

and get THIS, Clyde has had 146 touches, kamara only 144 lol. Go sit down 

If Clyde has to fight for touches because of all the weapons as you say then why is kamara out producing him by 220 yards on LESS carries? You said it yourself Clyde has more weapons so teams key on kamara way more, and Michael Thomas is hot lol 

Holy.... didn't realize Kamara has 550 rec yards already. Yeah NVM this dude best in the league followed by CEH

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Holy.... didn't realize Kamara has 550 rec yards already. Yeah NVM this dude best in the league followed by CEH

CLyde is 4th in the entire league for yards from scrimmage which is insane for a rookie, he’s going to be a stud for a long time. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Maybe to you. A RB in the passing game is a large function of how an offensive scheme is set up - the Titans really don't throw to RBs, even when they had a RB to throw to.

When I think of the best RB, I think of a guy who gets rushing yards. I get it's not a full view of TYFS, but when you have a guy like Henry who is running in a very dominant fashion, I'm not one to ignore that.

I don't think I buy this. I think it's more a product of Henry not being a great pass catcher than system playing a role. 2 seasons ago when Dion Lewis was more involved in their offense they targeted RB's 85 times. Lewis has 59 catches despite taking on more of a limited role late in the season when things finally started to click for Henry. Combined Lewis and Henry had 74 catches that season. The amount RB's have been targeted since then has drastically decreased, which I don't think is a coincidence with Henry taking on a much more substantial part of the offense since.

41 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I don't think I buy this. I think it's more a product of Henry not being a great pass catcher than system playing a role. 2 seasons ago when Dion Lewis was more involved in their offense they targeted RB's 85 times. Lewis has 59 catches despite taking on more of a limited role late in the season when things finally started to click for Henry. Combined Lewis and Henry had 74 catches that season. The amount RB's have been targeted since then has drastically decreased, which I don't think is a coincidence with Henry taking on a much more substantial part of the offense since.

Remember - that Dion Lewis season was a Matt LaFluer offense. LaFluer left for the GB job and Arthur Smith is now the OC. You see LaFluer's propensity to use the RB in the passing game when you see Aaron Jones catching 50 passes in 2019, near double his 2018 numbers.

Dion Lewis' numbers take an opposite drop once LaFluer is gone - 59 to 25.