Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

5 hours ago, Greene N White said:

How. He’s probably the best running back since AP when healthy. 

I don't think anyone would argue he isn't an elite talent, but it has been nearly 2 seasons since we have really seen that elite talent show itself with him being effected by injuries most of the last 2 seasons. In some ways his career kind of reminds me of Fred Taylor so far. Stuck on a garbage team, clearly insanely gifted athletically, but can't stay healthy. When healthy dominates. That said, there is no guarantee he is the same guy after an ACL. A big part of Barkley's game was his freakish size/athleticism combo, if he is a half step slower after the ACL, he may not be in the conversation anymore. 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TENINCH said:

People forgetting Dalvin Cook?

Yes and Dalvin could very well be the best RB.

right now it’s Dalvin, CMC, Kamara, Chubb and Henry as your top 5. You know some also have Aaron Jones in there so I don’t think you can be wrong picking anyone of those 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, ET80 said:

And I'd say the gap between Henry as a runner and Kamara as a runner is about as big as Kamara and Henry as a receiver. I'll stand by that, Henry is running the ball like nobody else since Dickerson or Prime Peterson. 

Kamara isn't ragdolling LBs and S like Henry is, he's not pulling away from defendera like Henry is in the open field, he's not piling up chunk yardage between the Ts like Henry, he's not breaking tackles like Henry is. It's not a knock on Kamara, it's just admitting that a 6' 4" 250 LB who plays with excellent vision, 4.3 speed and the most disrespectful stiff arm since Ladanian Tomlinson isn't exactly something we'll get to see that often, and isn't something you can replicate.

Henry is making grown men look like children on a weekly basis...

Lol, nahhhhh

19 hours ago, TENINCH said:

He shouldn’t say running back, he should say runner. Kamara is leading the league in yards from scrimmage and I also believe yards per touch which is just mind boggling. Meaning if you give kamara the ball as many times as any other player in the league, he’s going to out produce them.... so yes, kamara is the best RB this season... and he’s a touchdown machine also. 

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Um, yeah.

Henry - 171 touches, averages 5 yards per touch. Total yards 856. Average yards per RUSH 4.8

kamara - 140 touches, averages 7 yards per touch. Total yards 987. Average yards per rush 5.0

not to mention if he didn’t have that 94 yard run his average would be even further down 

if Henry is so much better than Kamara than why is kamara vastly out producing him?

kamara is not only more efficient than Henry, he’s ALSO out producing him on less touches lol

Edited by GamedayGuru

3 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

if Henry is so much better than Kamara than why is kamara vastly out producing him?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-runners-stacked-boxes-2019-derrick-henry-lamar-jackson

He faces more eight man fronts for the most part. He's lost his starting LT/RT from last season, too. 

All of that, and it's still only a .2 yard advantage for Kamara, behind a better OL.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-runners-stacked-boxes-2019-derrick-henry-lamar-jackson

He faces more eight man fronts for the most part. He's lost his starting LT/RT from last season, too. 

All of that, and it's still only a .2 yard advantage for Kamara, behind a better OL.

That only accounts for RUSHING plays, I’m talking about rushing and receiving, kamara is out producing Henry and the saints line has been missing their LT, LG and rookie RG. 

once again this isn’t the better rusher thread, it’s better complete complete running back thread, and kamara is dominating the battle 

Edited by GamedayGuru

2 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

That only accounts for RUSHING plays, I’m talking about rushing and receiving

Maybe to you. A RB in the passing game is a large function of how an offensive scheme is set up - the Titans really don't throw to RBs, even when they had a RB to throw to.

When I think of the best RB, I think of a guy who gets rushing yards. I get it's not a full view of TYFS, but when you have a guy like Henry who is running in a very dominant fashion, I'm not one to ignore that.

6 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

If you wanna say Henry is a better rusher yes, better running back? No.

I'll say Kamara is a better offensive threat, sure. Pass catching is largely a function of how an offense operates - you either design things to get a RB involved in the passing game, or you don't.

I really don't know what Henry would look like in a Saints offense, much like I don't know how Kamara would look in a Titans offense.