Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it just me, or is Henry one of the leagues most overrated players? I don’t get the hype with him at all.

For some reason Henry typically looks like Brandon Jacobs the first half of the season...and then the second half of the season and into the playoffs the guy is just an unstoppable force. But he is quite limited in the passing game...so relatively speaking, he is isn't my cup of tea. But he really is a fun guy to watch play late in the season with the weather turns to crap, lots of defensive depth charts are hurting, and people are starting to get tired.

17 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it just me, or is Henry one of the leagues most overrated players? I don’t get the hype with him at all.

How so?

He is a freakish combo of size and speed that has been producing at a great level running the ball...Even if he doesn't provide much versatility out of the backfield. He is the type of RB a team would want late in the season when the weather gets cold and makes it unpleasant to tackle a guy like him for 4 quarters with the physicality he brings to the game. Can see guys in the secondary at times are a bit timid to go in for the tackle on him.

21 hours ago, tyler735 said:

He's definitely top 3. If he keeps playing like this,  it could certainly put him back in the conversation after some unfortunate injuries last year slowed him a bit.

Just insane last night:

Nice run, but the Packer defense made him look like Barry Sanders.  That was some impressive tackling by the Packers.  xD

Edited by Uncle Buck

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nice run, but the Packer defense made him look like Barry Sanders.  That was some impressive tackling by the Packers.  xD

Yes, the Packers defense was pretty bad on that play. But Kamara, when healthy, has made lots of defenses look like they are tackling challenged. Just a really slippery guy.

• Like 1

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Yes, the Packers defense was pretty bad on that play. But Kamara, when healthy, has made lots of defenses look like they are tackling challenged. Just a really slippery guy.

He's a great player.  No doubt about that.  He should definitely be in the conversation for the best RB in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

He ran for like 1200 yards on 6+ Y/C in an 8 game stretch last season. You don’t get the hype!? 

Nobody seems to puts him in conversation as best back despite his top tier production since Tannehill so I don’t really see the argument for him being overrated either.