Week 3 MNF: Ravens vs Chiefs (MVP vs MVP)

RavensTillIDie

MVP Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wil Win the Game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2020 at 12:30 AM

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Our DL is good, but isn't complete. Jones makes a crap ton of plays, but does so by guessing and selling out, so he'll also give up huge run lanes at times. Pennel and Nnadi are the opposite, strong run defenders with good discipline, but they don't provide much as pass rushers. Clark and Kpass are good, but not great, DEs. Clark is a phenomenal closer, but isn't a dominant pass rusher in non-obvious pass rushing situations. Danna is off to a great start but is obviously young.

Our DBs are where the D gets incredibly underrated. Charvarius Ward is a stud. Mathieu is great. Fenton, Sorensen, and Thornhill are all good in their respective roles (slot, box safety, and deep safety, respectively) but just aren't all-around guys. Sneed has been fantastic two weeks in. Breeland had an excellent year last year, and will be back soon, he just gets penalized a bit much. But when everyone is in we have like 8 quality DBs.

Our LBs are trash. They hold the D back, in the end. We struggle heavily against RBs in the passing game, our tackling is subpar, and they struggle to fill appropriate gaps on even basic plays. And it's just this obnoxious mix of every LB sucking in one way or another. Niemann is reliable but unathletic. Hitchens and Wilson can make great plays but get lost or washed out of plays far too often. DOD is excellent in coverage but like 30 pounds undersized. Gay is a rookie. We use Sorensen a lot at LB because he's often the least crap option there.

The LB played well last night. The tackling is preseason level, but that can be said of the whole league.

Last night was the first time the Chiefs came to hit. The physicality dialed up two notches from the LAC game. 

J

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ok I'm not one to usually rant about fantasy but seriously fml lol
kU3vCib.png

V5BKgo6.png

I lost my league championship (and $2,000 pot) by .06 two seasons ago. I started Antonio Callaway over DeSean Hamilton, which ended it for me. 

As far as this season... Pat Mahomes is going to make me a LOT of money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The LB played well last night. The tackling is preseason level, but that can be said of the whole league.

Last night was the first time the Chiefs came to hit. The physicality dialed up two notches from the LAC game. 

J

Agreed. A big part of why we dominated was the LBs actually playing well.

I expected Mahomes to be good but the defensive play of the Chiefs surprised me. They stuffed everything the Ravens do well on offense. I kept waiting for Lamar to explode but there just wasn't anything he could do.

The fact that the Chiefs were underdogs in this matchup makes it even better.

1 hour ago, blizofoz45 said:

I expected Mahomes to be good but the defensive play of the Chiefs surprised me. They stuffed everything the Ravens do well on offense. I kept waiting for Lamar to explode but there just wasn't anything he could do.

The fact that the Chiefs were underdogs in this matchup makes it even better.

The Ravens averaged 7.3 YPC....

55 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Ravens averaged 7.3 YPC....

That’s inflated quite a bit by chunk plays spread throughout the game.  They never consistently put together runs aside from that first series.   Which was pretty shocking for our standpoint.  

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:
18 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Skimming back through the thread, as I had to work during the game, and man is this one of the weirdest things I think I've ever read.

I did a triple take at it

Well last year wiped that slate clean.

Ya gotta get used to it, no matter how much it has been embedded within you. Chiefs have the longest current playoff winning streak... Probably anyway.

• Like 1