Most dominant multi year QBs stretches you have seen

patriotsheatyan

5 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

2008 Warner had 10 more fumbles than Peyton. 2009 Brees had 8 more fumbles than Peyton

But i guess fumbles don't count

Fumbles or Fumbles lost.  Fumbles are basically just sacks taken, while Fumbles Lost are like Interceptions.

10 hours ago, Raves said:

Forcing Fumbles is more or less pure luck the majority of time as well.

Not 100% sure about that. Maybe FR is more luck driven. Or are you saying FF prevention as a QB?

Edited by sp6488

The Rodgers run from the 2010 playoffs through the 2014 season is the most dominant QB run I've witnessed on a weekly basis.  I expect other teams have had QB's with similar runs, but GB is the only team where I watch every game.  QB's like Manning, Warner, Brees, Young, Marino, etc... must have had similar runs during their peak years.

• Like 1

A fumble that is not lost does not hurt your team like one that is.

Go back and watch every 2008 pass and update us on dropped interceptions. 🤣

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Rodgers run from the 2010 playoffs through the 2014 season is the most dominant QB run I've witnessed on a weekly basis.  I expect other teams have had QB's with similar runs, but GB is the only team where I watch every game.  QB's like Manning, Warner, Brees, Young, Marino, etc... must have had similar runs during their peak years.

2011-2014 Rodgers

43-13  1248-1864  67%  15855 yards  8.5 per pass 139 TDs 25 picks (5.6 to 1) 112.6 rating.

No one can touch that yet. Mahomes is trying though.

Those years were also years 7-10 of his career so comparing the young bucks to that is always a bit strange.

BTW, from 2015 to 2019 Rodgers was a 97.5 rated QB. People who said he is no longer elite were comparing early Rodgers to current Rodgers and current other QBs. For 4 weeks in 2020 the old guy is back, but that does not make the analysis wrong for those 2 distinct periods.

Edited by SkippyX

Brees 09-13

• 24823 yards
  • 195 TDs

He averaged just under 5k yards and 39 TDs over a 5 year period.

There have only been 20 seasons of 39 or more TD passes (Brees had 3 of them in those 5 years)

There have only been 12 seasons of 5000+ yards (Brees had 3 of them in that 5 year period)

What about Rodger the Dodger from 77-79. Those three years Staubach had:

• #1 in ANY/A  3/3 years.
  • #1 in rating 2/3 years. 
  • #1 in INT% 2/3 years
  • Averaged about 25 tds/season pass and rush combined (thats a top ~5/season)
  • Probowl 3/3 years
  • 1st team all pro 3/3
  • 34 - 11 record
  • 10 game winning drives
  • Won a superbowl
  • If I am reading the PFR advanced metric right, he was the #1 player in the NFL all 3 years.
  • In 1978 he was the Walter Payton man of the year (yes, i know, not "performance")

He also had the most wholesome quote ever in response to Joe Namath: "I like sex as much as the next guy. I just like having it with my wife"

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

Young was a good QB but having Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens elevates those stats and makes him seem better than he was. I think Kurt Warner was better. Those San Fran and Dallas teams dominated in the early 90s like teams simply cannot any more. STACKED. Young was not as good as Favre or Montana. Credit has to go to the team. Manning, Marino, and Rodgers did not have the help those other QBs mentioned above had. And even on the same team Favre's best years (95-98, 2010) had a better cast than Rodgers best 2 years in 2010 and 2014.

Just saying these things are really comparing apples and oranges. Very hard to compare top QBs and best years imo because of that, let alone different styles of play.

• 3 weeks later...

It's easily Steve Young '92-'94. He led the league in every major statistical category besides raw yardage in each of those seasons. The only other guy to ever be that dominant vs. the field for a similar stretch was Otto Graham '47-'49, and he played in a league with 8 teams. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, JaireAlex said:

Young was a good QB but having Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens elevates those stats and makes him seem better than he was.

T.O. didn't become T.O. until Young's final full season as a starter. His #2 receiver during his prime was the good but not amazing John Taylor. Compare that to the other guys you mentioned. Warner, at the height of his career, was throwing to Isaac Bruce who's in the HOF and Torry Holt who will probably be in at some point. Ditto Peyton Manning (Harrison & Wayne). Marino's top WRs at his peak were Mark Clayton & Mark Duper - 8 pro bowls between them. Brady had Moss & Welker, then Gronk & Welker, then Gronk & Edelman, and now he's got Evans, Godwin and Gronk. 

Simply put, you're never gonna dominate as a QB unless you have some damn good targets at your disposal. 

On 10/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, Matts4313 said:

What about Rodger the Dodger from 77-79. Those three years Staubach had:

• #1 in ANY/A  3/3 years.
  • #1 in rating 2/3 years. 
  • #1 in INT% 2/3 years
  • Averaged about 25 tds/season pass and rush combined (thats a top ~5/season)
  • Probowl 3/3 years
  • 1st team all pro 3/3
  • 34 - 11 record
  • 10 game winning drives
  • Won a superbowl
  • If I am reading the PFR advanced metric right, he was the #1 player in the NFL all 3 years.
  • In 1978 he was the Walter Payton man of the year (yes, i know, not "performance")

He also had the most wholesome quote ever in response to Joe Namath: "I like sex as much as the next guy. I just like having it with my wife"

Staubach should be in the discussion for GOAT far more often than he is. He's in my personal top...5, I think. Top 10 for sure - Brady, Marino, Unitas, Staubach, Young, Elway, Rodgers, Manning the Greater, and....hmm, I haven't done that for awhile. Need to think about the other 2. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, JaireAlex said:

Young was a good QB but having Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens elevates those stats and makes him seem better than he was. I think Kurt Warner was better. Those San Fran and Dallas teams dominated in the early 90s like teams simply cannot any more. STACKED. Young was not as good as Favre or Montana. Credit has to go to the team. Manning, Marino, and Rodgers did not have the help those other QBs mentioned above had. And even on the same team Favre's best years (95-98, 2010) had a better cast than Rodgers best 2 years in 2010 and 2014.

Just saying these things are really comparing apples and oranges. Very hard to compare top QBs and best years imo because of that, let alone different styles of play.

I love Kurt but without 4-5 HOF offensive players on the Rams we probably don’t have any memory of him.  The Cards had Fitz, Boldin and Edge, too.