Cam Newton tests positive for COVID; Patriots @ Chiefs postponed (Tuesday?)

Cheesehawk

They’ve got to postpone tomorrow’s game, right?

The NFL dodge a huge bullet that the Titans outbreak didn’t spread to the Vikings last week, they can’t risk a potential outbreak here, can they?Especially when it involves the best team and face of the NFL.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

They’ve got to postpone tomorrow’s game, right?

The NFL dodge a huge bullet that the Titans outbreak didn’t spread to the Vikings last week, they can’t risk a potential outbreak here, can they?Especially when it involves the best team and face of the NFL.

Yes, they have to.

theres no way they can make sure its safe to play on short notice

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

If he’s been training with the team all week how can you even be sure you can field a team for a game?

Given the Titans situation, how likely is the transmision from team to team? Because the Titans have a full outbreak on their hands, and yet it appears that Vikings are unscatched. Perhaps the risk of contagion from one team to another is not so large, when compared to the risk of contagion within a team.

Having said that, the game should be postponed, impossible to be sure by tomorrow, if this is contained only to Cam. 

Edited by BearFromArgentina

Just now, RUGmen said:

I have yet to hear one professional athlete in all four pro sports who tested positive have any symptoms.

Half of the stl cardinals who got it ended up in the hospital

So, you are simply misinformed

• Like 15

Ya, Not sure I like the precedent

Titans have an outbreak, so they get a "Get out of jail free" card and get to reschedule

Patriots lose their Starting QB and are expected to just play the backup

Sounds like an "outbreak" is better from a competitive point of view

Teams should have to get fully tested, sit out if you're positive and forfeit if they can't field a complete team

Just now, RUGmen said:

I have yet to hear one professional athlete in all four pro sports who tested positive have any symptoms.

Von Miller talked about how his lungs felt like they were constructing and how frightening it was for him. 

what are you talking about?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RUGmen said:

If i recall, there was a player in the MLB that had his season ended due to a heart condition that was determined to have been caused by COVID. 

• Like 2