Week 5 GDT: Garbage vs Return of Garrett

textaz03

12 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

It sounds like we need to fire Nolan and cut a few players as well. Like Demarcus Lawrence.

And bench Jaylon Smith.

We can't with Lawrence. We'd have $44MM in dead money and take a $19MM cap hit. Can't realistically move on from him until 2022. 

I'd definitely bench Jaylon. 

5 hours ago, D82 said:

In general....  it never is a good thing if your QB has 400 yards passing...  If I would guess the teams are under 500 like we are 5-9....   

I would totally agree with the concept that run game doesn't matter but.... 

I would guess the records of teams with 250+ yards running are leaps and bounds better then the records of teams with 400+ yard  passing

On 10/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, quiller said:

I would guess the records of teams with 250+ yards running are leaps and bounds better then the records of teams with 400+ yard  passing

Well to be fair. A team that’s down is gonna throw a lot more. And when it’s over may put up some big yards. 

so passing more may not lead to losing, but losing will deff lead to passing more. and of course teams up big will likely start to run the ball which will build those numbers as well. 

I just want to see this offense on the field this game with the lead to at least try and get the running game established. We have gone three straight games with out the lead and the ball.  That is just too much pressure on the offense to score every drive.   I also want this team to go the whole game with out 1 turn over.