STAR WARS Mafia (Galactic Empire, Lando Calrissian wins!)

Just now, Malfatron said:

no, i think you are town.

So, you're choosing secret option C?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Also, if Malfatron puts me on ignore, it's because he thinks I'm serious. If he continues to respond to me, it's because I'm working an angle.

Just now, SirA1 said:

This is what I got from that as well.

I'm not sure which I despise the most:

1. Malfatron's complete disassociation and soft defense and trying to manipulate the Tugboat line

2. Malfatron's belief in Pickle being a 3rd party, then voting him

3. Malfatron's belief/claim that Lando was a double crosser and not a rebel

4. Malfatron's limiting the pool early on, then making an about face to add Pickle after being called out on it, while not waiting for a response from multiple players

Actually I do...it's anyone who argues that Lando is somehow not a Rebel on a game based upon the original trilogy. I'd hear an argument for an Episode IV or Episode V stand alone game, but come on.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Actually I do...it's anyone who argues that Lando is somehow not a Rebel on a game based upon the original trilogy. I'd hear an argument for an Episode IV or Episode V stand alone game, but come on.

My only comeback to this is that I was once Sansa Stark in GoT and was a Lannister. And I had some weird hoops to go through to become Stark again.

I do know from TKN games in the past there are lots of hidden type roles and conversion possibilities. So Lando based off of the Trilogy could start out Non Rebel and later become one. But you ae probably right. 

VC

Matts4313 - 5 - squire12, Forge, Counselor, JoshstraDaymus, Daboyle

Pickle Rick - 4 - SwAg, rackcs, SirA1, Malfatron

Tugboat - 4 - Tk3, MWil23, Hockey5djh, Blue

Glen - 2 - The Orca, bigbadbuff

no lynch - 1 - AFlaccoSeagulls

SwAg - 1 - Pickle Rick

ET80 - 1 - RuskieTitan

Yet to vote: ET80, Matts4313, Tugboat, bcb1213, Glen

@Pickle Rick @Tugboat @Glen @Matts4313

You are trying my patience. I am not a patient man. At least two of you are non-Town. That means all of you claim, at minimum, your character and alignment. Further information may be asked of you. You will provide it on pain of death. We will catch at least one Rebel out of that group, and I am more than happy to do a 2 for 1 trade, at absolute worst, of outing Empire to get a Rebel at this stage of the game.

The third-party member among you can claim your alignment, which I know both the name of and the color of, for a get out of jail free card. I was going to offer to help you complete your win condition, but you've failed to respond to my generous offer, so I've altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it further.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Blue said:

Nothing, just that I ended up at Daniel instead. It's very curious that I didn't get flavor for why I couldn't/didn't target Swag but did get flavor for why I couldn't/didn't target Orca.

You want me to give the flavor? Because it's going to make you look really, really bad.

And, as I said before, you grossly overestimate how willing I am to keep you alive regardless of your alignment.

If you're talking about the flavor for why I couldn't target Orca, it most certainly exists. I just can't make a positive case for him being scum based on it.

Pickle hasn't claimed ****.

I think it's obvious Tugboat is a Rebel, he's fighting hard against the idea of two investigators in a nearly thirty-player game, which is not even remotely close to unbelievable, and he's refusing to consider that any of the other three are scum. I'm guessing we got more than two non-Town in that group.

Look, I've laid out for you why moves failed on me. If you want to continue down this path thats your choice. You made a mistake when you started down this road, you made a mistake by your assumptions, and it would be a bigger mistake to continue it...but you decide 

If you really thought it was "really really bad" you would have easily been able to make a case. You said you couldn't. You may be reading into flavor that according to the OP is just that flavor, and you read into it at your own discretion....here that failed miserably 

11 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

My only comeback to this is that I was once Sansa Stark in GoT and was a Lannister. And I had some weird hoops to go through to become Stark again.

I do know from TKN games in the past there are lots of hidden type roles and conversion possibilities. So Lando based off of the Trilogy could start out Non Rebel and later become one. But you ae probably right. 

My issue with this is that you could argue the same about Han. There are definitely enough characters that I can think of off of the top of my head to be considered "OTHER", and given Nacho games are often multiball, I'm not really going to attempt to breakdown the ratio yet, which is why last night is really a bad start.

13 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

im actually amazed that other people dont see what i see

I'm also interested in this. :)

Guys I'm sorry, I tried. I really did. I started on page 56 and made it halfway through about 60 or 61 before giving up. There's just too much garbage being posted at this point. The ONLY relevant post I saw was:

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Well that was a pretty catastrophic start.

I'm thinking about a few things though, and there's some shady stuff going on.

-How'd scum kill not one, but two Scout Troopers in one night?  Either there's a rogue moron town killing their own for no reason...or my guess, is one of the "successful" droid buyers did the deed.  So basically...rackcs or Counselor.  Neither of them really explained what their purchase did.  Which would paint them scum.  Counselor was extra deflective about his special droid friend.

-Counselor and Blue are also claiming totally different "investigator" type roles in the same game, which seems fishy.  Is it a straight up "role cop" like Counselor said, or is it a "multi tricorder compare" sort of thing.  Or are there actually both, and neither are scum fake claims?  I'm guessing one of them is lying.  Tricorder sounds like straight up Trekky Scum.

-Counselor conveniently claiming "investigated the dead guy" and providing totally useless public information from the autopsy after night one seems super shaky.  Like a real fake role claim, this early...if he actually has the ability he claims.  Why would he put that target on his back over literally useless results?

-Blue doesn't really seem to have the stories completely straight on who he really investigated, and how it works.  But redirect stuff is confusing, and there is definitely a redirector.

-Kind of assumed with a Nacho game from what i gather (only played the one), but it does seem that there's also at least a 3rd faction here, or more probably.  I'd like to hear from one of them on what their "win condition" is, and how it's not detrimental to the interests of the Galactic Empire.

Like if the real Bobba Fett could please stand up, i'd be happy to work with you i think.

and the only response to that was:

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Lol

Has anything of value happened since this time?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Look, I've laid out for you why moves failed on me. If you want to continue down this path thats your choice. You made a mistake when you started down this road, you made a mistake by your assumptions, and it would be a bigger mistake to continue it...but you decide 

If you really thought it was "really really bad" you would have easily been able to make a case. You said you couldn't. You may be reading into flavor that according to the OP is just that flavor, and you read into it at your own discretion....here that failed miserably 

I know why my move failed on you. That has literally never been in question.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Guys I'm sorry, I tried. I really did. I started on page 56 and made it halfway through about 60 or 61 before giving up. There's just too much garbage being posted at this point. The ONLY relevant post I saw was:

and the only response to that was:

Has anything of value happened since this time?

That’s my response because it’s laughable I will not give any more energy to it than that.