Week Four Recap: Falcons Flop, Packers Fly

mikebpackfan

54 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Did we lose Shepherd? Didn't see him on the field much in the second half I think, saw lots of Taylor out there instead. Maybe because Taylor is a better blocker

I know the RBs and TEs had big days and mis-matches, but I was disappointed the WRs didn't do more against a DB group that was so injured...

Of course, maybe it wasn't them, but just Rodgers throw it to the first person, or best match up, and the RBs or TEs were first... but I was expecting to say who the new #3 WRs was for sure when Adams gets back.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That was the most bloodless NFL game I have ever watched. How did this Falcons team come to exist???

It was strange in that it did seem like the Falcons thought it was an exhibition game. They didn't look like they were too bothered going 0-4

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That was the most bloodless NFL game I have ever watched. How did this Falcons team come to exist???

On defense they got the Seahawks Superbowl defensive coordinator, which really that was a cool scheme binge had do the least adjustment possible as he had some potential HOF guys playing for him...

That take, add him to Falcons, keep drafting speed on defense... speed over talent and also lots of injury prone guys...

Take that, plus smart enough to hire Kyle Shannon, but stupid enough that he didn't seem to seriously consider promoting LaFleur to the role...

And based on some Falcons fan reports, won't take responsibility for failures, as he's always blaming others, Shanahan/LaFleur for the Super Bowl loss, fired a number of defensive coaches to take blame for their defensive struggles...

And they just can't stay healthy...

Does anyone have any tape on that long throw that Marquez missed/dropped?  I'm not a student of the game like many of you, but that seemed like more than a drop to me.  There was some contact, sure, but I thought Rodgers put the ball in a good spot . . . a spot he wants to place the ball for his receivers.  I'm not saying it was an easy catch, but Marquez didn't seem to have any awareness of his position relative to the D, or where it was that Rodgers would want to place the ball.

7 minutes ago, StinkySauce said:

Does anyone have any tape on that long throw that Marquez missed/dropped?  I'm not a student of the game like many of you, but that seemed like more than a drop to me.  There was some contact, sure, but I thought Rodgers put the ball in a good spot . . . a spot he wants to place the ball for his receivers.  I'm not saying it was an easy catch, but Marquez didn't seem to have any awareness of his position relative to the D, or where it was that Rodgers would want to place the ball.

MVS and back-shoulder throws still aren't a good thing. For some reason, he struggles to locate and breakdown for those. Rodgers threw a pretty ball to him in the endzone and for some reason he sort of just reached out one-handed for it when he really didn't have to. 

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

MVS and back-shoulder throws still aren't a good thing. For some reason, he struggles to locate and breakdown for those. Rodgers threw a pretty ball to him in the endzone and for some reason he sort of just reached out one-handed for it when he really didn't have to. 

Yeah, that's the one.  Possibly the result of the route and D put him in a bad position to make a play, but it just seemed to me like he was surprised when he finally located the ball, as if he thought it was a bad throw, and uncatchable.  

Edited by StinkySauce

Scary thing here.  This offense is going to get better.  Two weeks to put in new stuff and get healthy.

For example....I'm not sure that we've actually ran a jet sweep in 9 quarters.

MLF has proven his salt as a gameplanner and play caller.  It'll be nice to see what he can do at full strength or near full strength.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think they came out the first couple drives firing down field, missed, and then just decided today wasn't there day. I bet there were at least a few plays where Ryan could of thrown deep but just didn't pull the trigger after the couple misses he had early. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the lack of stadium noise really helps Rodgers I think. He is a cerebral player and he can focus better methinks.

Did you see the play where he got them to jump on the hard count by using the words "Hard Count" or was I the only one to catch that? 

Found it: 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 3