Was OJ Howard Inelgible?

dll2000

Someone look at that TD Brady threw to (Howard?) where Howard was wide open.   I think Howard was covered on that play and an ineligible receiver.

Look at very start.   Reason I say it was EMLOS went into 3 pt. Stance.  Bringing his head past center’s waste (which is how officials judge it).  So he wasn’t off line of scrimmage.  Therefore Howard should have been an ineligible receiver because he was covered and may have been reason he was so wide open.   Had he been in 2 pt. (On his feet) he would have been fine.  

Has anyone complained of this?  Maybe I am totally wrong here.   What am I missing?   

Maybe based on a formal reading of the rules. However, that is never getting called. Brate is the only person in a 3-point that has his heels on the 30 and he is pretty clearly behind OJ. He could have backed up another 6 inches but the official is going to give him the benefit of the doubt there. It’s pretty similar to how on a ton of shotgun snaps the tackles end up basically even with the slot receivers. Officials are going to look the other way unless it is excessively obvious most of the time. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He's covered up by #84 Brate, and therefore he's ineligible and a flag should have been thrown. 

I agree.   I think if Brate is in 2 pt. He is fine because it puts his head back.  

Way it gets called in HS (seen it a 1000 times) is where receivers head is relative to center.   I think the rule is 1 yard (I would have to look it up) but way it gets called is off the center.  

51 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I agree.   I think if Brate is in 2 pt. He is fine because it puts his head back.  

Way it gets called in HS (seen it a 1000 times) is where receivers head is relative to center.   I think the rule is 1 yard (I would have to look it up) but way it gets called is off the center.  

39 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That's never getting called. BRate is probably covering Howard, but that doesn't make it ineligible man downfield, it makes it an illegal formation with too many guys on the line.

You can have as many guys on the LOS as you want. If you're covered up, you just can't run downfield.

2 hours ago, winitall said:

Maybe based on a formal reading of the rules. However, that is never getting called. Brate is the only person in a 3-point that has his heels on the 30 and he is pretty clearly behind OJ. He could have backed up another 6 inches but the official is going to give him the benefit of the doubt there. It’s pretty similar to how on a ton of shotgun snaps the tackles end up basically even with the slot receivers. Officials are going to look the other way unless it is excessively obvious most of the time. 

You don't watch enough Saints football lol

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yup. Take that td off the board and reward Chargers the win. Also im sure Butker did something illegal on the 58 yd kick. Can we look into that also.

Tbf hitting three 58 yarders in one game outdoors should be illegal. It would be unjust if the computer did that to me in Madden.