2021 NFL Draft Thread

53 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

We have 3 people ( max allowed ) at his ( T Lance ) pro day including Scott Turner and Mayhew.

He was bound to get the biggest turnout of all of them. But I’ve felt like this since he stepped on the field he fits this system perfect. I wouldn’t be suprised if he’s the guy 

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He was bound to get the biggest turnout of all of them. But I’ve felt like this since he stepped on the field he fits this system perfect. I wouldn’t be suprised if he’s the guy 

Great personality . ! Just saw him interviewed on the The NFL Network. He's top 10, top 5 ?? for sure. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Great personality . ! Just saw him interviewed on the The NFL Network. He's top 10, top 5 ?? for sure. 

RG3 did a good press conference too...

Not comparing them & their play, just saying. Talking a good game to the press & being able to run something other than a zone read offense - which is where I think Lance currently is at - are two different things.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

RG3 did a good press conference too...

Not comparing them & their play, just saying. Talking a good game to the press & being able to run something other than a zone read offense - which is where I think Lance currently is at - are two different things.

for sure but he was throwing darts too. Gonna be fun to see how the NFL values his skill set.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’d love to have Collins or JOK. I just don’t see how we could go into next season with this same LB corp? I just hope they don’t do something dumb like draft a guard or a safety in the first. You need to get more talent next to Holcomb. I’d love to see Foster come back but I don’t think that’s happening either. 

I agree with this part of your post. If we don’t sign a FA LB like Jaylen Brown or someone to be a MLB we should take JOK or Collins in round 1. 

I don’t see a safety being definitely a difference maker that they need to be taken w/ our 19th pick. I don’t think Moering is a better prospect than some of the LBs, corners & WRs. We can take a FS prospect in round 2 or 3 to develop or even start over Reaves. 

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

for sure but he was throwing darts too. Gonna be fun to see how the NFL values his skill set.

Everyone throws darts when there’s no defenders & they have a strong arm. RG3 looked like a better prospect than Luck at times during the draft process & by how he played his senior year at Baylor on his way to winning the Heisman. Then Haloti Ngata, reality & the Seahawks defense hit him and that was the end of the magic.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Everyone throws darts when there’s no defenders & they have a strong arm. RG3 looked like a better prospect than Luck at times during the draft process & by how he played his senior year at Baylor on his way to winning the Heisman. Then Haloti Ngata, reality & the Seahawks defense hit him and that was the end of the magic.

But RG used to run with complete abandonment to his well being and without instincts. Lamar is so special with his legs because his instincts as a runner. But with that he also lacks instincts and feel as a passer because 90% of his life running was his natural. So teaching a guy to be something he’s not is extremely difficult. And it’s completely on the player to grow and refine the skills. Lance is a run first guy but he also reads and can progress through a scan of the field. Didn’t do it much but he doesn’t lock onto guys in fact I’ve seen him throw to guys just soupy of trusting them to be where their supposed to be. He needs a ton of work. But I do believe he has the mental makeup to be the guy to put it in. 

• Like 1

Trey Lance has no calves, not a fan! 😂 

On the real though, I thought he looked good. It’s obvious he can make all the throws & he’s athletic. He may just be a Josh Allen or Dak type where as a young QBs he’s still developing & a bit erratic at times but he’ll make up for it w/ athleticism and strength. 

I still would take Fields over him just off of resume & where Fields is in terms of his development as a pocket passer which is he can read the whole field he just doesn’t do it fast enough right now. So, he has to get quicker in his decision making. 

Lance isn’t even there yet, he’s like Fields in his first year at OSU. One read and if it’s not there, run. That’s fine, like Allen & Dak he’ll develop but I have Fields above Lance.

I definitely would have no problem taking him with our natural pick or trading up for him.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Just read Trey Lance has the same amount of starts that Mac Jones does. At this point, I think we'd have to trade ahead of the Panthers to #7 secure Lance.

Bucky Brooks tweeted that. I was kinda shocked but not due to Mac Jones sitting behind Tua. I still think Lance compares favorably to Josh Allen and really see him succeeding at the next level. I just worry he wouldn’t get the time he needs here. And I’ve long said if they deem one of these QBs “the guy” then they need to do what they can to make it happen. If you’re willing to give up a first and third for a 33-year old banged up QB moving up for a fresh QB on a rookie contract shouldn’t be that big of a deal. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Trey Lance has no calves, not a fan! 😂 

On the real though, I thought he looked good. It’s obvious he can make all the throws & he’s athletic. He may just be a Josh Allen or Dak type where as a young QBs he’s still developing & a bit erratic at times but he’ll make up for it w/ athleticism and strength. 

I still would take Fields over him just off of resume & where Fields is in terms of his development as a pocket passer which is he can read the whole field he just doesn’t do it fast enough right now. So, he has to get quicker in his decision making. 

Lance isn’t even there yet, he’s like Fields in his first year at OSU. One read and if it’s not there, run. That’s fine, like Allen & Dak he’ll develop but I have Fields above Lance.

I definitely would have no problem taking him with our natural pick or trading up for him.

I like Fields a lot as well but what you’re doing when you pick Lance is picking for what might be. If he reaches his full potential then skies the limit. He’s oozing with potential. 

• Like 1