2021 NFL Draft Thread

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If either Mond or Trask makes it to one of our 3rds, I would not riot if we took them there. I still don’t believe in mid-round QBs, but obviously it does work out on occasion, and those guys have some appealing traits. I could live with it. 

Anyone else that I’ve watched so far is a really hard pass until the very late rounds.  

Yes, agreed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

If either Mond or Trask makes it to one of our 3rds, I would not riot if we took them there. I still don’t believe in mid-round QBs, but obviously it does work out on occasion, and those guys have some appealing traits. I could live with it. 

Anyone else that I’ve watched so far is a really hard pass until the very late rounds.  

Honestly I would be open to Trask with our 2nd.  I think Trask has the skills to succeed in the nfl, just not the mobility which teams cherish these days.  If Rivera is open to that kind of qb, I would jump on it.  Rivera did go after stafford who is also on the less mobile side of things.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Honestly I would be open to Trask with our 2nd.  I think Trask has the skills to succeed in the nfl, just not the mobility which teams cherish these days.  If Rivera is open to that kind of qb, I would jump on it.  Rivera did go after stafford who is also on the less mobile side of things.

I wouldn’t say stafford is on the less mobile side, he just doesn’t choose to run but stafford does extend plays with mobility and can run for a 1st down when needed, idk if I can say the same for Trask but I could be wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I will gladly own this just like I’ll own Mond busting but as good as I think Mond is as bad as I think Trask is. He has elite ball placement. But he’s not someone who processes quick. And he had a stacked house when he blew up and I’m sorry he’s not Joe Burrow this guy isn’t a guy I want to use any pick on

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I will gladly own this just like I’ll own Mond busting but as good as I think Mond is as bad as I think Trask is. He has elite ball placement. But he’s not someone who processes quick. And he had a stacked house when he blew up and I’m sorry he’s not Joe Burrow this guy isn’t a guy I want to use any pick on

In reality the 1st round guys past Lawrence have question marks and when you get to these second round plus qbs add some more.  

IMO arm accuracy can't be taught and Trask has plus level accuracy that is as good as any qb in this draft.  He is an immobile pocket passer though and yes he the big question is will he transition to the NFL speed.  But I think his processing is well past a guy like Fields and people seem to think that is not a problem that Fields can't overcome.   Unlike Mond, Trask has the prototypical size as well.  They are very different qbs.  

The question I have with Mond, is really what is the difference between him and Kyle Allen/Heinicke?  Do we want a 3rd qb with similar traits?  I guess maybe that could be a good thing.  I do think he would fit our current offense.

• Like 1

I’m taking the Lance thing as the team doing their due diligence just in case he drops to our pick. I don’t see them trading up for anyone and I honestly believe they’re fine going into the season with Allen and Heinecke. Sigh. 

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Man, the way you stand on the table for Mond based of off potential you think he somehow has but has rarely shown in 4 years of college makes me scratch my head a little.

Like, you saying Trask doesn’t process quick but then loving Mond who hasn’t excelled at that either? I mean come on man.

I’m not going to say Trask is for sure going to be better than Mond, but I certainly think Trask was more consistent than Mond the last two years. They’re two different types of QBs, if you could combine their best qualities you’d have a top 20 pick but sadly you can’t.

Has anyone acted or said that Trask is anything close to Joe Burrow?

Oh and newsflash it’s very unlikely that Mond is the next Wilson, Kap or Dak too.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m taking the Lance thing as the team doing their due diligence just in case he drops to our pick. I don’t see them trading up for anyone and I honestly believe they’re fine going into the season with Allen and Heinecke. Sigh. 

I sure hope they don’t trade up for Lance. Talk about a guy not having enough snaps to be ready for the nfl. People said that Haskins should’ve went back to OSU for one more year bc he wasn’t ready for the NFL yet and he needed more snaps, they were right.

I think it’s pretty clear we can put Lance in that category too. He has the tools & potential but is he ready? I doubt it.

As I’ve said Allen & Heinicke works for two things:

1. If one of them ball out we have an answer at QB at least for the short term.

2. If they are only average or worse, we’ll be picking in the top 10 in 2022 and we can draft a QB then next draft.

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

In reality the 1st round guys past Lawrence have question marks and when you get to these second round plus qbs add some more.  

IMO arm accuracy can't be taught and Trask has plus level accuracy that is as good as any qb in this draft.  He is an immobile pocket passer though and yes he the big question is will he transition to the NFL speed.  But I think his processing is well past a guy like Fields and people seem to think that is not a problem that Fields can't overcome.   Unlike Mond, Trask has the prototypical size as well.  They are very different qbs.  

The question I have with Mond, is really what is the difference between him and Kyle Allen/Heinicke?  Do we want a 3rd qb with similar traits?  I guess maybe that could be a good thing.  I do think he would fit our current offense.

Even Lawrence has question marks and if people don’t think so, why has he sucked as a passer against the best defenses college has had to offer in his time at Clemson?

He has questions too. I think he’s obviously the most talented QB prospect since Luck, but I don’t think he’s the pocket passer yet that Luck was as a prospect or some of the best prospects of all time like Elway, Marino & Manning.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Man, the way you stand on the table for Mond based of off potential you think he somehow has but has rarely shown in 4 years of college makes me scratch my head a little.

Like, you saying Trask doesn’t process quick but then loving Mond who hasn’t excelled at that either? I mean come on man.

I’m not going to say Trask is for sure going to be better than Mond, but I certainly think Trask was more consistent than Mond the last two years. They’re two different types of QBs, if you could combine their best qualities you’d have a top 20 pick but sadly you can’t.

Has anyone acted or said that Trask is anything close to Joe Burrow?

Oh and newsflash it’s very unlikely that Mond is the next Wilson, Kap or Dak too.

I see what I see bud. I’ll be the first to say I was wrong. But I promise you if Mond had Toney and Pitts he’s a 1st rounder all day. I just see what I see on these guys for what I look for. I’ve just done a ton of work on these guys and I know it’s unlikely the odds are never in a players corner to be a mid rounder and have a Dak or Russ impact.

But I don’t fall in love with many players and reguardless of what the consensus is on them my rankings for the time I spend which is a full time job worth of time watching these guys I’m going off what I see and for the first time since Dak there is a prospect nationally ranked a mid rounder who I believe has the tools to become what Dak or Russ became and both of those guys I thought had those same tools and both went to the list of 3 or 4 teams I thought they could have the type of production they’ve had. It’s completely a gamble but my system works for me. I don’t just pick players I identify my type of players. Every year theres hundreds of guys to do work on.

And every year I probably love 4 or 5 throughout the draft because the value and range they should go. Then I like 25 for 50. There’s maybe 60 to 80 guys tops that I’d even want to put a pick. Trust me I’m probably the only person on the planet who have both Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall over JaMarr Chase. And that’s a ton of work but I just trust what I see and it’s never popular pre draft. But what I’ve noticed the last four or 5 years is my guys are panning out more often and I’m missing less and it’s just me. I see something special in Mond. I see the flaws but with the right FA approach and the right picks this year we could win with him going forward. I believe that. I think there’s one other poster here that sees it. 

I only mentioned Burrow because there is a similar situation as far as how there careers were heading until Trask started playing without Pitts and others. Trust me a lot of good players just aren’t my guys!!! Doesn’t mean I’m right. But for someone who watches these games as much as I do I trust my gut and my notes. 5 years ago I would have loved Trask like I liked the Jimmy Clausens and Will Grier’s of the world. But I’ve evolved in my breakdowns and all the times I’ve been wrong over the 19 years of notes I have on those classes every year I go back and really look at what I was missing once I have their NFL fails to counter my notes with. I’m just someone with a full time scout service I’m not getting paid for bud lol when Trask comes out and has some success I’ll eat it. And if Mond doesn’t pan out I’m okay with it. But the fact I have identified a guy in his range that I’m legit excited about because I see things I think people are overlooking you bet I’m gonna pound the table. This type of QB prospect comes along every 5 or 7 years maybe that people just seem very low on for what I see on tape.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I see what I see bud. I’ll be the first to say I was wrong. But I promise you if Mond had Toney and Pitts he’s a 1st rounder all day. I just see what I see on these guys for what I look for. I’ve just done a ton of work on these guys and I know it’s unlikely the odds are never in a players corner to be a mid rounder and have a Dak or Russ impact.

But I don’t fall in love with many players and reguardless of what the consensus is on them my rankings for the time I spend which is a full time job worth of time watching these guys I’m going off what I see and for the first time since Dak there is a prospect nationally ranked a mid rounder who I believe has the tools to become what Dak or Russ became and both of those guys I thought had those same tools and both went to the list of 3 or 4 teams I thought they could have the type of production they’ve had. It’s completely a gamble but my system works for me. I don’t just pick players I identify my type of players. Every year theres hundreds of guys to do work on.

And every year I probably love 4 or 5 throughout the draft because the value and range they should go. Then I like 25 for 50. There’s maybe 60 to 80 guys tops that I’d even want to put a pick. Trust me I’m probably the only person on the planet who have both Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall over JaMarr Chase. And that’s a ton of work but I just trust what I see and it’s never popular pre draft. But what I’ve noticed the last four or 5 years is my guys are panning out more often and I’m missing less and it’s just me. I see something special in Mond. I see the flaws but with the right FA approach and the right picks this year we could win with him going forward. I believe that. I think there’s one other poster here that sees it. 

I only mentioned Burrow because there is a similar situation as far as how there careers were heading until Trask started playing without Pitts and others. Trust me a lot of good players just aren’t my guys!!! Doesn’t mean I’m right. But for someone who watches these games as much as I do I trust my gut and my notes. 5 years ago I would have loved Trask like I liked the Jimmy Clausens and Will Grier’s of the world. But I’ve evolved in my breakdowns and all the times I’ve been wrong over the 19 years of notes I have on those classes every year I go back and really look at what I was missing once I have their NFL fails to counter my notes with. I’m just someone with a full time scout service I’m not getting paid for bud lol when Trask comes out and has some success I’ll eat it. And if Mond doesn’t pan out I’m okay with it. But the fact I have identified a guy in his range that I’m legit excited about because I see things I think people are overlooking you bet I’m gonna pound the table. This type of QB prospect comes along every 5 or 7 years maybe that people just seem very low on for what I see on tape.

I believe I’m the other guy 😂😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, offbyone said:

The difference between he and the guys we have is his throw on the move is better then the rest of this class. What made our playoff game exciting was Taylor throwing on the move. Most guys move and either run because their runners or look to throw because their passers. Mond is one of the few guys I’ve ever scouted that has plus level wheels that could win with his legs and has that pass first mentality. Also Mond had zilch on the OL and outside. I just see a guy with everything it takes to win in this league mentally. What I see on film from Mond most of what I’m seeing isn’t even about his skills. He has it between the helmet and that is what I need to win with. Wilson has an elite arm I love his ability. But if he throws 12 plus picks this year don’t be suprised. Lawrence tends to sail passes and really struggles with face pressure. Fields reads slow and Mac just can’t move and has misfired with pressure. Trust me there’s holes in all of their games. But if your telling me I can draft BPA round one and two and get Mond who’s grade I have up there with those guys and not give assets and mortgage the future it’s worth the risk to me. While I love Lance he needs a ton of time too. So if I’m thinking value Mond is the value it’s not that I think he’s a sure fire he isn’t. But I do think I could get the most out of this offseason if Mond was the QB we selected and maximizing our FA additions and draft class. Because as Lavar has said. If we go into next year with these guys we’re a sure fire dump so if it doesn’t pan out get your guy with your high pick next year.

• Like 1

If we do nothing in free agency at LB and Lance doesn’t end up here by trade up I’d love to have Collins or JOK. I just don’t see how we could go into next season with this same LB corp? I just hope they don’t do something dumb like draft a guard or a safety in the first. You need to get more talent next to Holcomb. I’d love to see Foster come back but I don’t think that’s happening either. 

• Like 4