NY Jets sent home after presumptive positive test

ET80

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

It’s an unnecessary risk when you know for a fact there is an incubation period. This isn’t a “we don’t know” situation. The NFL might have just gotten lucky with fast detections with them 

To be fair though, what can they really do? If they were going to hard quarantine to 100% safety for any positive test, then they really just shouldn't have played. You can't shut a team down for the entire 7 or 10 or 14 days or whatever it is every time there's a positive test, and still have a league. Choosing to play football this year basically guarantees they couldn't be that cautious about it. Like, you're right, there's an incubation period, but the time that's going to pass for everyone involved, you've had that team miss 1/8 of the season. You just can't do that, and have a season. If your argument is that they shouldn't have done this at all, maybe that's right. I probably wouldn't have signed on were I in an NFL player's shoes, but I also understand the money involved for everyone top to bottom here. But you can't choose to have the season, and play it as cautiously as you're suggesting in this thread. You just can't.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

To be fair though, what can they really do? If they were going to hard quarantine to 100% safety for any positive test, then they really just shouldn't have played. You can't shut a team down for the entire 7 or 10 or 14 days or whatever it is every time there's a positive test, and still have a league. Choosing to play football this year basically guarantees they couldn't be that cautious about it. Like, you're right, there's an incubation period, but the time that's going to pass for everyone involved, you've had that team miss 1/8 of the season. You just can't do that, and have a season. If your argument is that they shouldn't have done this at all, maybe that's right. I probably wouldn't have signed on were I in an NFL player's shoes, but I also understand the money involved for everyone top to bottom here. But you can't choose to have the season, and play it as cautiously as you're suggesting in this thread. You just can't.

People just can’t grasp this concept. It is completely unreasonable to shut teams down every two weeks they find a case. Their is no perfect course of action, the NFL hasn’t been good by any means, but this idea that there can’t be any spread is ridiculous. 

If the NFL season is happening, we have to accept that somethings aren’t going to go right. 

Maybe people need to chill w/ the sky is falling stuff about this season.  There has really only been 1 outbreak and 8n that case we have reason to believe protocols weren't followed.  Other cases have been basically isolated incidents.

Taking from my own life example, I am an essential worker whose job requires me to enter the homes of people from all walks of life.  I have had people who thank me for wearing a mask, and people who have told me I dont need one.  I always follow our guidelines which is to wear a mask whenever we enter a home and disposable neoprene gloves.  Stay 6 feet away from anyone in the home.  A couple weeks ago I thought for sure.I had covid, I was spiking a fever of 101.5 and I never get fevers.  Had a cough, congestion.  Smell and taste greatly diminished.  Got tested.  Started feeling better a day later.  A day after that my results came back negative.  Just a run of the mill upper respiratory infection.  This made me realize something very important.  Protocols work.  We have yet to have any of our guys get covid.  100 techs servicing 200,000 subs, no positive test.  We did have a supervisor who doesnt go in the field who was asymptomatic test positive, but that was after his wife who is a nurse, was also asymptomatic tested positive and they cut off access to the office for a week to disinfect everything.  Nothing since.  Protocols work.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Maybe people need to chill w/ the sky is falling stuff about this season.  There has really only been 1 outbreak and 8n that case we have reason to believe protocols weren't followed.  Other cases have been basically isolated incidents.

Taking from my own life example, I am an essential worker whose job requires me to enter the homes of people from all walks of life.  I have had people who thank me for wearing a mask, and people who have told me I dont need one.  I always follow our guidelines which is to wear a mask whenever we enter a home and disposable neoprene gloves.  Stay 6 feet away from anyone in the home.  A couple weeks ago I thought for sure.I had covid, I was spiking a fever of 101.5 and I never get fevers.  Had a cough, congestion.  Smell and taste greatly diminished.  Got tested.  Started feeling better a day later.  A day after that my results came back negative.  Just a run of the mill upper respiratory infection.  This made me realize something very important.  Protocols work.  We have yet to have any of our guys get covid.  100 techs servicing 200,000 subs, no positive test.  We did have a supervisor who doesnt go in the field who was asymptomatic test positive, but that was after his wife who is a nurse, was also asymptomatic tested positive and they cut off access to the office for a week to disinfect everything.  Nothing since.  Protocols work.  

It’s also like people forget the sky is falling reactions they had with MLB not too long ago. Supposedly the whole season had to be canceled immediately due to what happened with the marlins and the cards. They figured it out and now they’re into the playoffs. People need to relax with their itchy trigger fingers.