NFC WEST WATCH

MDY10

Before the season started I was expecting something like

Seattle at 12-4,

Niners at 12-4,

Rams at 10-6,

Cards at 8-8.

With the injuries to the niners it looks like we can take second place and even make a run to win the division. They are currently losing to Miami 21-7!

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Our Seahawk's games are going to get hyped through the roof and lucky for us, the first one comes after a Bye :) 

Didn't even realize that! Definitely good though. 

Next week is a big week for all 4 teams. Seattle has two straight division games playing Arizona and then SanFran.. Winning both of those separates them a bit more sadly.. hoping for at least one upset

On 10/11/2020 at 11:30 PM, MDY10 said:

Vikings just blew it vs Seattle.. shame. 

I agree with the call to go for it on 4th down. They'd been running all over them. Shame they couldn't get one yard when they needed it most.

AFC North might be the best conference now 

Steelers 4-0
Ravens 4-1
Browns 4-1
Bengals 1-3-1

25 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I agree with the call to go for it on 4th down. They'd been running all over them. Shame they couldn't get one yard when they needed it most.

AFC North might be the best conference now 

Steelers 4-0
Ravens 4-1
Browns 4-1
Bengals 1-3-1

I agree with the call too, they just had so many chances to close that game out outside of that. It was hard to watch haha

4 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Big blow to the Cardinals

Huge loss.. Hate to see it. Definitely a guy I respect a ton. I didn't think their defense was playing that great to begin with.. this obviously won't help. Im blanking on his name right now but how's that rookie backer doing for them? Simmons I believe 

22 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I agree with the call too, they just had so many chances to close that game out outside of that. It was hard to watch haha

Huge loss.. Hate to see it. Definitely a guy I respect a ton. I didn't think their defense was playing that great to begin with.. this obviously won't help. Im blanking on his name right now but how's that rookie backer doing for them? Simmons I believe 

Simmons actually hasn’t seen the field too much and hasn’t done too much of anything when he has. A bit surprising, as he was a hyped up prospect. It honestly sounds like they just don’t know how to use him. Always the risk with players like that—they’re either a hybrid and can be used as a chess piece or they’re a tweener who doesn’t quite have a natural fit at any position. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 8:30 PM, MDY10 said:

Vikings just blew it vs Seattle.. shame. 

They did provide 3 1/3 quarters of a rubric to Staley on how to go about taking the fire extinguisher to Russ in the kitchen, though.  We just have to be able to close them out - which we should be able to do if we bracket DK with Ramsey and either JJ or Fuller (if he's back from the IR by that point).  Yes, that means living and dying by the ability to limit the Russ-Lockett tandem, but considering the state of the Seattle secondary and the depth we have at receiver, that should be a duel we're willing to throw down in.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

They did provide 3 1/3 quarters of a rubric to Staley on how to go about taking the fire extinguisher to Russ in the kitchen, though.  We just have to be able to close them out - which we should be able to do if we bracket DK with Ramsey and either JJ or Fuller (if he's back from the IR by that point).  Yes, that means living and dying by the ability to limit the Russ-Lockett tandem, but considering the state of the Seattle secondary and the depth we have at receiver, that should be a duel we're willing to throw down in.

If we can control TOP in Seattle games, limiting Russ's opportunities, it should give us a huge advantage because as you stated their defense isn't great.

As crazy as it sounds, us Rams fans shouldnt worry about the Seahawks too much. Under McVay the Rams are (4-2) against them. The two losses came on a GW TD drop by Kupp and a GW missed FG by Zeurlein so the Seahawks are so fortunate to even have won those two games. How did the Rams respond to those losses? They blew out the Seahawks the next time they played them later in the season. They say styles make fights and the Seahawks dont matchup well with the Rams. Their OL isnt good enough to contain Donald thats why he is Wilson worst nightmare. What is scary too is because the strength of the Seahawks is their linebackers on defense and the Rams tight ends Higbee and Everett had their way with them in the first meeting. In the second meeting Hibgee still went off but also the running game was sharp and Woods got into the act. Now that the Seahawks defense is even worst this season I think the Rams offense will even be that much more lethal.

Now with all that saying Im by no means discounting Seattle outside of those two blowouts following those two losses, usually the games have been extremely close. The Seahawks find a way to not only be in close games but win them. If it comes down to a kick here or there do I trust Sloman? Hell no. At the same time maybe karma have to shine in that Zeurlein missed a kick he has made 97% of the time in his career that essentially was the reason the Rams didnt go (10-6) finish in 2nd place in the NFCW and making the playoffs last season. So I can see karma on the Rams kicker side and Sloman have his shining moment if need be in one of those big games they play each other this season which could decide the division. 

In my opinion the Rams could very well be the 2nd best team in the NFC only behind the Packers its just nobody knows it yet because the Rams havent played the Seahawks yet. They havent played the Bucs yet either. Once the smoke clears that could be the case and I truly hope the Packers fall back a bit and the Rams get the top seed because I want that bye and most importantly I dont want to have to go to Green Bay in the cold and possibly snow if the Rams do make a deep run in the playoffs. The only good thing is the Rams run the ball so much and so well and they are physical too that it will be a different team playing in bad weather than in years past if they do have to travel to Green Bay in the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

As crazy as it sounds, us Rams fans shouldnt worry about the Seahawks too much. Under McVay the Rams are (4-2) against them. The two losses came on a GW TD drop by Kupp and a GW missed FG by Zeurlein so the Seahawks are so fortunate to even have won those two games. How did the Rams respond to those losses? They blew out the Seahawks the next time they played them later in the season. They say styles make fights and the Seahawks dont matchup well with the Rams. Their OL isnt good enough to contain Donald thats why he is Wilson worst nightmare. What is scary too is because the strength of the Seahawks is their linebackers on defense and the Rams tight ends Higbee and Everett had their way with them in the first meeting. In the second meeting Hibgee still went off but also the running game was sharp and Woods got into the act. Now that the Seahawks defense is even worst this season I think the Rams offense will even be that much more lethal.

Now with all that saying Im by no means discounting Seattle outside of those two blowouts following those two losses, usually the games have been extremely close. The Seahawks find a way to not only be in close games but win them. If it comes down to a kick here or there do I trust Sloman? Hell no. At the same time maybe karma have to shine in that Zeurlein missed a kick he has made 97% of the time in his career that essentially was the reason the Rams didnt go (10-6) finish in 2nd place in the NFCW and making the playoffs last season. So I can see karma on the Rams kicker side and Sloman have his shining moment if need be in one of those big games they play each other this season which could decide the division. 

In my opinion the Rams could very well be the 2nd best team in the NFC only behind the Packers its just nobody knows it yet because the Rams havent played the Seahawks yet. They havent played the Bucs yet either. Once the smoke clears that could be the case and I truly hope the Packers fall back a bit and the Rams get the top seed because I want that bye and most importantly I dont want to have to go to Green Bay in the cold and possibly snow if the Rams do make a deep run in the playoffs. The only good thing is the Rams run the ball so much and so well and they are physical too that it will be a different team playing in bad weather than in years past if they do have to travel to Green Bay in the playoffs. 

I hope you're right. Dont get me wrong I think the rams are a good team, but I dont know if im confident enough to say they are top 2 in the NFC. We will find out though, considering we have one of the toughest schedules from here on out. Im happy that we had the East in the early season and let the new scheme sink in on defense and let players get comfortable all around. We always play the hawks really well, but even though the niners are hurt, they always play us tough.. regardless of injuries. As for the cards, im not a firm believer that they were 1 Hopkins away from being better than us. Seems like we've crushed them every game for two-three straight years. I do however expect them to be tougher than they have been against us. 

• Like 1

Have a ways to go until we face Seattle. Right now, Wilson is absolutely dealing, but it's possible he cools off. If that happens, Seattle isn't as scary. Their defense lacks pass rushers, and the OL, while better than it typically has been, is still a vulnerable unit. I think Ramsey can handle D.K. well enough. The question for me is if we can stop the run and if our edge guys can contain Wilson.

• Like 1