32: R1 P32 OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan
64: R2 P32 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
95: R3 P31 TE Hunter Long - Boston College
134: R4 P32 EDGE Adetokunbo Ogundeji - Notre Dame
140: R4 P38 LB Pete Werner - Ohio State
173: R5 P32 WR Frank Darby - Arizona State
179: R5 P38 OT Jaylon Moore - Western Michigan

15 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

With our huge need, and his rising stock since the Senior Bowl he was the clear choice.

James Hudson is 6’4 and 302 Lbs, adequate size overall.  My thought process is he and Niang battle at RT, loser kicks inside or becomes the swing tackle.

4th round pick, he’s gonna have some deficiencies. But he’s got grown man strength, reminds me a bit of Danna.

core special teamer with chance to grow into something 

Had a great senior Bowl week, stuck behind a bevy of talent at Clemson. 

BYU like Andy. That’s about all I got 😅

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

With our huge need, and his rising stock since the Senior Bowl he was the clear choice.

James Hudson is 6’4 and 302 Lbs, adequate size overall.  My thought process is he and Niang battle at RT, loser kicks inside or becomes the swing tackle.

4th round pick, he’s gonna have some deficiencies. But he’s got grown man strength, reminds me a bit of Danna.

core special teamer with chance to grow into something 

Had a great senior Bowl week, stuck behind a bevy of talent at Clemson. 

BYU like Andy. That’s about all I got 😅

I like Radunz and Hudson where you took them.    

Not a fan of Perkins, but that's a solid draft.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:54 PM, onejayhawk said:

You know how drafts tend to lean offense or lean defense. This one was just insanely biased toward offense for 100 picks or so. 

32: R1 P32 DL Kwity Paye - Michigan
64: R2 P32 LB Cameron McGrone - Michigan
95: R3 P31 DL Levi Onwuzurike - Washington
134: R4 P32 WR Cade Johnson - South Dakota State
140: R4 P38 DL Adetokunbo Ogundeji - Notre Dame
173: R5 P32 OT Cole Van Lanen - Wisconsin
179: R5 P38  OT Dan Moore Jr. - Texas AM

Well, this would make for an awfully long DL ...

One more before this weekend.

32. Liam Eichenberg, OT Notre Dame - No comment needed.

64. Chazz Surratt, LB North Carolina - Wilson is a free agent and Gay is now up in the air.

95. Patrick Jones II, DE Pittsburgh - Potential day one starter, but has room to improve.

136. Anthony Schwartz, WR Auburn - Board was terrible and he's a mix of BPA and need. I love him for our offense.

175. Marco Wilson, CB Florida - Depth and a minor developmental player.

176. Patrick Johnson, Edge Tulane - I think he could play a mix of DE and OLB, based on package.

180. Cole Van Lanen, OL Wisconsin - He played OT but I think he needs a year or two to transition inside.

211. Damonte Coxie, WR Memphis - It's a deep class at WR and OL. We need to draft two of each imo.

Eichenberg and Niang would ideally be our bookend tackles next year, assuming Schwartz doesn't play. If he does, then the two fight it out for LT/OG/6th man. Surratt, Jones, Schwartz are all immediate contributors with Johnson and Coxie rotating in. Wilson would be depth and special teams. Van Lanen would be the only long term developmental player.

I would not be happy with that draft.

It appears you made a trade but did not give details.

Eichenberg is a 2nd rounder. Since you are drafting for him to play immediately, try rethinking for better upside. This OL staff loves experience. 
Surratt is a 3rd rounder. We can get off-ball LB two rounds later.
Jones is OK at that point, even with the size issues. We like long and lean, and he's just lean. Still, we're near #100 so good enough.
Schwarz is not a bad pick, but this is where you pick a Surratt. If not available,  surely someone like Philyor, Darden, or Darby was still on the board. 

I won't comment on the rest, because that part of the draft is what is changing right now.

15 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Cute. You can never have too many edge rushers and all these guys fir the bill. 

Still, you have a point. You can overdo BPA. 

I’m good with Paye and Ogundeji.  

No idea where DL Levi Onwuzurike fits.  He’s essentially a 3T only and we already have Jones and Wharton for that.   None of them can handle 1T in base defense.  Unless you see Jones and Wharton sliding out to edge.    We’d have a nice rotation with Jones, Wharton, Onwuzurike for pass rush on the interior.  But all 3 don’t fit as a backup for Nnadi or replacement for next year 

If you are saying the knock on Onwuzurwike is that he's a tweener, I can concur.

Value-wise, I could not pass him at pick #95. Same with Ogundeji. When talent like this falls in your lap, you trash the plan and take the player. Levi might be able to bulk up for the 1T. His Senior Bowl weight in was 290 lb. He can generate push, where Nnadi does not.

J

I like Eichenberg at OT. He's NFL ready. Our staff can figure that out offseason. And he's a NEED. We have 2 front line OT's down with Back issues and one with an achilles issue. They're not coming back to play a 16+ game schedule. Niang  can play one (if he's healthy). Eichenberg can play the other. He's the "best of the rest"

I agree he can do what Nnadi cannot... he also can’t do what Nnadi does.  We already have guys that can do what Onwuzurwike does at a high level.   None of them can do what Nnadi does at a high level.  

I get the value,  just don’t understand where he’d play.  He’d be stuck in Khalen Saunders spot of not getting PT.   Part of value is also about how much they’d see the field 

40 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I like Eichenberg at OT. He's NFL ready. Our staff can figure that out offseason. And he's a NEED. We have 2 front line OT's down with Back issues and one with an achilles issue. They're not coming back to play a 16+ game schedule. Niang  can play one (if he's healthy). Eichenberg can play the other. He's the "best of the rest"

OT is not a need. C could become one, but we are not there yet.

38 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I agree he can do what Nnadi cannot... he also can’t do what Nnadi does.  We already have guys that can do what Onwuzurwike does at a high level.   None of them can do what Nnadi does at a high level.  
I get the value,  just don’t understand where he’d play.  He’d be stuck in Khalen Saunders spot of not getting PT.   Part of value is also about how much they’d see the field 

There is no such things as too much depth, or too much pass rush. 

J

16 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

There is no such things as too much depth, or too much pass rush. 

J

Agree to disagree.   3rd Round pick on a 3T is a wasted pick.    Only way he finds PT is by moving Jones/Wharton,   or himself to a spot they aren't as good at.   Not even mentioning Saunders is already struggling to get PT.     If guys at positions of strength fall into the later rounds,   go for it.. not 3rd round.