Malfatron

winner  

17 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• bills
    • titans
    • tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2020 at 11:08 PM

5 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Ok so before I say anything, props to the Titans for laying the smack down tonight. That was a whooping. With that being said, WTF. 

The broadcasters made it a point to say that A.) The Titans didn’t break any COVID protocols and B.) they hadn’t practiced as a team for two weeks.  

We’ve only heard hundreds of times over the last week how the team wasn’t wearing masks in their facilities AND a group of players went to a different location to PRACTICE together. 

Sounds like exactly what is said never happened. Pretty weird in my opinion. Like the league is making sure a narrative is pushed to cover their butt. 

Next....... the Titans has 2 weeks to gameplan for the Bills while the Bills were forced to gameplan for two different teams in one week. Sounds like an unfair advantage to me but I’m probably just a scorned fan. 

I’m actually grateful for this whooping as it better serve as a wake up call to the Bills players, coaches and organization that they need to be better. 

Yes, the team that had a quarter of its roster catch a virus during a global pandemic and has practiced once in the last 17 days had a clear competitive advantage.

8 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Ok so before I say anything, props to the Titans for laying the smack down tonight. That was a whooping. With that being said, WTF. 

The broadcasters made it a point to say that A.) The Titans didn’t break any COVID protocols and B.) they hadn’t practiced as a team for two weeks.  

We’ve only heard hundreds of times over the last week how the team wasn’t wearing masks in their facilities AND a group of players went to a different location to PRACTICE together. 

Sounds like exactly what is said never happened. Pretty weird in my opinion. Like the league is making sure a narrative is pushed to cover their butt. 

Next....... the Titans has 2 weeks to gameplan for the Bills while the Bills were forced to gameplan for two different teams in one week. Sounds like an unfair advantage to me but I’m probably just a scorned fan. 

I’m actually grateful for this whooping as it better serve as a wake up call to the Bills players, coaches and organization that they need to be better. 

Like Vrabel said: No excuses. You get paid to win.

10 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

If the announcers were actually saying that, it's dumb as hell. I turned off the volume so I didn't hear. The Titans were breaking rules left and right and should be slammed for it.

But the rest of it? Ehhh...tough cookies.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck, I'm not saying there's nothing to be upset about, but my mindset through all of this (and thus, what my mindset would be if I was on a team), is as follows...

This pandemic sucks. It sucks and it's throwing everything off everywhere. But if putting on a season of football is what, collectively, everybody in the league decided they want to do, then people must accept that several instances and situations will occur where things are not fair or equal. That's the price of wanting to move forward with the product, and everybody's careers. It's not gonna be perfect at all, but people have got to be flexible and willing to accept it. I would also admit that I don't think the NFL is doing themselves any favors by how they planned (or, didn't plan) for these things coming up, but it's where everybody's at now.

8 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Like the league is making sure a narrative is pushed to cover their butt.

Yes.
That's exactly how they operate - there's no monetary incentive for the league to air their dirty laundry - both from a legal side and from a PR side
They're trying to get better ratings and put more people in the stadiums, so this is what you'd expect them to say and do.

" Everything is safe and 100% under control ! No harm no foul, nothing to see here"

What actually transpired is different... but the less its discussed - the happier the owners are.
They will handle Family Business in house instead of in the press

Congrats to Titans,  that was an impressive win in all 3 phases

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yes, the team that had a quarter of its roster catch a virus during a global pandemic and has practiced once in the last 17 days had a clear competitive advantage.

The fact that you feel the need to say “during a global pandemic” tells me all I need to know. You sound just like the brass in Tennessee trying to cover their tracks after they broke protocol at every turn. I admitted the Bills got whooped. Why can’t you admit that having 2 weeks to strategize a gameplan for one team is a competitive advantage over having one week to strategize 2 different gameplans because you don’t even know who your opponent is going to be?  It’s a fair assessment. 

Just now, BillSabre said:

The fact that you feel the need to say “during a global pandemic” tells me all I need to know. You sound just like the brass in Tennessee trying to cover their tracks after they broke protocol at every turn. I admitted the Bills got whooped. Why can’t you admit that having 2 weeks to strategize a gameplan for one team is a competitive advantage over having one week to strategize 2 different gameplans because you don’t even know who your opponent is going to be?  It’s a fair assessment. 

Because the team had one practice to institute the gameplan,  compared to the Bills having four or five. It’s not like Buffalo had a short week, it’s been nine days.

And the Titans gameplan consisted of rushing three or four and forcing Josh Allen to read coverages and take check downs. This wasn’t some overwhelming, genius scheme. It was one of the simplest defensive games you’ll ever see called. 

As for the boo Titans, they violated protocols stuff. Ok. I mean, Goodell and the league’s chief medical officer didn’t sound like they saw egregious violations when they talked today. There’s a reason the league has made about a dozen protocol changes in the last week. But sure. It’s fine.

Just not quite sure where, even if you believe they’re evil cheaters, the competitive advantage occurred. Team missing two of its top three receivers, two of its top three corners and it’s best defensive player can’t practice for two weeks. Just doesn’t seem like an unfair edge.

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Woah. Bills and Titans fans beefing now?  That's something I thought I'd never see happen.

Nah. Most Bills fans are great and passionate and I have a ton of respect for them. Just seems like an odd stance.

Still open to Steelers fans complaining though, since they lost a bye week. If anything, the move to Tuesday was a big benefit for the Bills, who now have an extra four days to try to get Tre White and John Brown ready for the Chiefs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nah. Most Bills fans are great and passionate and I have a ton of respect for them. Just seems like an odd stance.

Still open to Steelers fans complaining though, since they lost a bye week. If anything, the move to Tuesday was a big benefit for the Bills, who now have an extra four days to try to get Tre White and John Brown ready for the Chiefs.

That makes more sense. It may just be me but I feel like there has always been some unusual hate between Steelers and Titans since the terrible towel incident years ago. Again though, that might just be me from my neutral point of view.  

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That makes more sense. It may just be me but I feel like there has always been some unusual hate between Steelers and Titans since the terrible towel incident years ago. Again though, that might just be me from my neutral point of view.  

It exists, though if I’m being honest, it probably exists more for Titans fans than Steelers fans. They were also rivals in the AFC Central before the division realignment all those years ago, so that probably plays a role. Similar to the Ravens really.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

It exists, though if I’m being honest, it probably exists more for Titans fans than Steelers fans. They were also rivals in the AFC Central before the division realignment all those years ago, so that probably plays a role. Similar to the Ravens really.

FWIW, I hate the Ravens WAY more than the Steelers.💁‍♂️

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah I'd say your right.  I forgot about they were in the same division. That's makes even more sense now. I never put the 2 and 2 together. 

Most of family are Steelers fans and I have heard crap from them about being a Bears fan so I naturally I "hate" them and I've never heard them talk bad about the Titans other than the towel incident. 

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah I'd say your right.  I forgot about they were in the same division. That's makes even more sense now. I never put the 2 and 2 together. 

Most of family are Steelers fans and I have heard crap from them about being a Bears fan so I naturally I "hate" them and I've never heard them talk bad about the Titans other than the towel incident. 

Lol. As a Titans fan born and raised  in Green Bay, I completely relate to this.

• Like 1