Malfatron

winner  

17 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• bills
    • titans
    • tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2020 at 11:08 PM

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

When I cook the steak, I usually soak it in italian dressing for a few hours, then cook the first side for like 5 minutes, flip and cook the second side for 4 minutes.  I'll pour the dressing on the cooked side when I flip it.  Sometimes I will flip it once more and throw a pad of butter on top and let it melt.  That usually takes 45 seconds.  Usually that is a pretty good rare with a char on the outside.  I will use the drippings from the steak, and a little butter on my potato.

I usually stick with salt/pepper/garlic/olive oil, put it on a low heat grill for four minutes on one side and three minutes on the other side, then toss it on an incredibly hot cast iron skillet for about 90 seconds a side with garlic butter.

Reverse searing is a game-changer...

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

interesting.  I am torn between the two.  Sammy is IMO a much better singer.  But I like the David Lee Roth VH so much better, but the Sammy VH isn't bad.

Yeah I just mean...I know the common nickname for the Hagar era is "Van Hagar". I'm just saying, I think the nickname "Sam Halen" sounds much better. Like, just as a nickname. I'm not talking about the music itself. Everyone says Van Hagar, but years ago I decided Sam Halen sounds like it fits better.

Just now, ET80 said:

I usually stick with salt/pepper/garlic/olive oil, put it on a low heat grill for four minutes on one side and three minutes on the other side, then toss it on an incredibly hot cast iron skillet for about 90 seconds a side with garlic butter.

Reverse searing is a game-changer...

That is pretty much italian dressing.  If you can keep that steak juice inside, it is fantastic.  And by steak juice, I mean hot blood.  LOL.

• Like 1