SNF: Rams @ 49ers

mw2noobbuster

27 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Wow you went there huh??

I knew this was coming. I'm encouraged that Goff played so badly and if Kupp just catches the damn ball, game could have been tied.

Rams adjusted on D in the second half, but even still, felt like the Niners played well and the Rams played horribly and the game only ended up being an 8 point win. Can't wait to play them again

Bourne & Kittle both made crucial 3rd down drops when they were open beyond the sticks on separate possessions in the 2nd half...if either of those are catches, the niners extend drives and could have scored more points....at the very least keep the ball longer and 1 or 2 less possessions for LA.  

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Wow you went there huh??

I knew this was coming. I'm encouraged that Goff played so badly and if Kupp just catches the damn ball, game could have been tied.

Rams adjusted on D in the second half, but even still, felt like the Niners played well and the Rams played horribly and the game only ended up being an 8 point win. Can't wait to play them again

I thought that the Niners had total control until Mostert and Tartt went down. Our ground game went downhill with Mostert out (although Hasty looked good after replacing a mediocre Jet) and the Rams 2nd half YD was against Tartt's replacement

I don't think Goff 'sucks' but I think if the Rams come across a team who have a plan and execute said plan against their intelligent offense, he can't do anything about it

When the rams O are executing what McVay has set them up to do (for example when they scored 29 u answered points against BUF), it allows Goff essentially an arm chair ride and he has to find the right player who should be in space (the D would have been softened up by the run at that point no doubt), and that's why he has been stat like 1st in yards per att, but last in average depth of target 

49ers know how to disrupt that, and Goff hasn't (yet) shown he can change it up and grab the bull by the horn.

Doesn't suck, but can't overcome controversy consistently 

3 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

I thought that the Niners had total control until Mostert and Tartt went down. Our ground game went downhill with Mostert out (although Hasty looked good after replacing a mediocre Jet) and the Rams 2nd half YD was against Tartt's replacement

Mostert is awesome but this is sort of the Rams MO on defense. I knew we would shut the Niners down in the second half. 

Having said that, the Rams generally played like **** across the board. Great game plan by Shanahan to get them that lead and then the Rams decided to play their worst game which didn't help.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Rams played bad.

Jimmy G had one of the best games of his short career.

McVay got cute and didn't establish the run. Kupp dropped 2 TD's.

Hopefully this is the game that gets us a new Kicker so we can take atleast one positive away from it.

Definitely would not say that. 

Rams should have ran the ball more, that is true, especially with how the Niners were playing defensively. The first five weeks, Saleh has relied on the blitz to bring pressure but he dialed it back this week and instead dropped more in coverage. There was pretty much no pressure on Goff all game but luckily it didn't end up mattering. 

49ers weren't great at stopping the run last season and damn sure aren't this season without Bosa. Next match up I expect the Rams to run it more from the start and then dial up the PA. 

This was a game that involved a team trying to get back on track and another decent ball club that has taken advantage of the awful NFC East. A lot of questions still remain to be answered from both teams going forward. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely would not say that. 

Rams should have ran the ball more, that is true, especially with how the Niners were playing defensively. The first five weeks, Saleh has relied on the blitz to bring pressure but he dialed it back this week and instead dropped more in coverage. There was pretty much no pressure on Goff all game but luckily it didn't end up mattering. 

49ers weren't great at stopping the run last season and damn sure aren't this season without Bosa. Next match up I expect the Rams to run it more from the start and then dial up the PA. 

This was a game that involved a team trying to get back on track and another decent ball club that has taken advantage of the awful NFC East. A lot of questions still remain to be answered from both teams going forward. 

Only other game I'd say was definitely better was Week 8 2019. 

He was efficient. He didn't turn the ball over. He threw 3 TDs and stepped up well in the pocket. I'm not a huge fan of Jimmy G, but last night was one of his better games.

To me, this was a bigger game for SF then it was LAR. Their season was in the balance, but they stepped up and played well. Big game for the Rams will be Seattle because they're more than likely going to be competing for the division come December. McVay needs these reality check games every once in a while to get him back on track with a balanced offense vs Pass Heavy. OH and we need a new kicker, like yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Only other game I'd say was definitely better was Week 8 2019. 

He was efficient. He didn't turn the ball over. He threw 3 TDs and stepped up well in the pocket. I'm not a huge fan of Jimmy G, but last night was one of his better games.

To me, this was a bigger game for SF then it was LAR. Their season was in the balance, but they stepped up and played well. Big game for the Rams will be Seattle because they're more than likely going to be competing for the division come December. McVay needs these reality check games every once in a while to get him back on track with a balanced offense vs Pass Heavy. OH and we need a new kicker, like yesterday. 

The game plan was great and he made the throws he had to make, but he's had far better games than last night. I mean he got his first TD off pretty much a run, got a few big Deebo runs off the forward pass. The Rams biggest mistake was not blitzing as our OL can't handle a blitz to save their lives. 

Rams may be fine going forward, but no one can be sure yet that they are actually a legitimate contender or even a good team. Again, they have four wins, all against the NFC East. The 49ers also have to prove they are actually good and they get a chance to do so with their upcoming schedule.

All we saw last night was two decent teams going at it with one team being more desperate. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The game plan was great and he made the throws he had to make, but he's had far better games than last night. I mean he got his first TD off pretty much a run, got a few big Deebo runs off the forward pass. The Rams biggest mistake was not blitzing as our OL can't handle a blitz to save their lives. 

Rams may be fine going forward, but no one can be sure yet that they are actually a legitimate contender or even a good team. Again, they have four wins, all against the NFC East. The 49ers also have to prove they are actually good and they get a chance to do so with their upcoming schedule.

All we saw last night was two decent teams going at it with one team being more desperate. 

Oh I think the Rams are a good team that had a flat night. No concern on my end. They're a playoff team capable of winning games on the road come January. The fact that the Rams played that bad and still had the chance to beat a team clicking on all cylinders shows me they're a good team. Good teams can lose, but still having a chance to win the game given the circumstances shows me alot. 

Chicago on MNF will be telling to see where the Rams stack up vs the rest of the top tier NFC teams.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Oh I think the Rams are a good team that had a flat night. No concern on my end. They're a playoff team capable of winning games on the road come January. The fact that the Rams played that bad and still had the chance to beat a team clicking on all cylinders shows me they're a good team. Good teams can lose, but still having a chance to win the game given the circumstances shows me alot. 

Chicago on MNF will be telling to see where the Rams stack up vs the rest of the top tier NFC teams.

The Rams having a chance is kind of misleading. They were down double figures all game long basically. The 49ers have yet to show they are anything special. So as far as we know, the Rams were getting handled against a mediocre team. Their offense could not generate anything through the air for much of the game...against a defense that was bringing no pressure at all. 

I wouldn't be too sure the Rams are a good team tbh. May make the playoffs because 9-7 likely gets a team in this season but still a lot to prove going forward. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Rams having a chance is kind of misleading. They were down double figures all game long basically. The 49ers have yet to show they are anything special. So as far as we know, the Rams were getting handled against a mediocre team. Their offense could not generate anything through the air for much of the game...against a defense that was bringing no pressure at all. 

I wouldn't be too sure the Rams are a good team tbh. May make the playoffs because 9-7 likely gets a team in this season but still a lot to prove going forward. 

Kupp dropped two touchdowns. Goff missed open receivers. We lost the turn over battle. We didnt get one sack. SF held the ball for 15min more . Our kicker missed an extra point. ALL THAT and they had a chance to get the ball back and tie the game if they could come up with a stop after Reynolds TD. 

I think the 49ers are an 8-8 team due to injuries, but I truly believe the Rams are a 10 win team that just made uncharacteristic mistakes and they paid for it. I'd say they're still top 5 team in the NFC. If they beat Chicago next week, they can squeak into 4th and then the obvious show down with Seattle. I feel the same way about this loss as I did the Bills. This is a good team that gets in their own way sometimes. Way better than last year's 9-7 team.

Seahawks

Bucs

Packers

Bears

Rams

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Kupp dropped two touchdowns. Goff missed open receivers. We lost the turn over battle. We didnt get one sack. SF held the ball for 15min more . Our kicker missed an extra point. ALL THAT and they had a chance to get the ball back and tie the game if they could come up with a stop after Reynolds TD. 

I think the 49ers are an 8-8 team due to injuries, but I truly believe the Rams are a 10 win team that just made uncharacteristic mistakes and they paid for it. I'd say they're still top 5 team in the NFC. If they beat Chicago next week, they can squeak into 4th and then the obvious show down with Seattle. I feel the same way about this loss as I did the Bills. This is a good team that gets in their own way sometimes. Way better than last year's 9-7 team.

Seahawks

Bucs

Packers

Bears

Rams

Sounds like 7-9 BS.

25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Seahawks

Bucs

Packers

Bears

Rams

49ers very well may go 8-8, especially if Ford and Blair don't return soon. Heck, there is a chance neither comes back. Without a pass rush, it is going to be extremely difficult against the top offenses. Offensively, once Jimmy gets fully healthy, this should be a very good unit just like last season. We saw flashed of it last night, but still not quite the same. Jimmy can't do certain things right now and that is holding the offense back. But I don't have many questions about this unit despite a not so good pass blocking OL.

As for the Rams , yeah they may get to 10 wins. But they also may go 8-8 themselves. Bears will be a good test for them, especially on the offensive side of the ball. The Bears offense still isn't good so the defense should do well there. 

• Like 1

@BStanRamFan I agree the Rams are way better than last year's (9-7) that still was a Zeurlein made FG in Seattle and stopping just one 3rd and forever against the Niners away from being (11-5). This year's team with the eye test clearly you can see this team has Superbowl aspirations. The fact the Rams lost and didnt play even their B game and they didnt give up a sack, rans for 5.6yds per carry and held the Niners offense to 24pts (6pts in the 2nd half) despite losing TOP by a full 15 minutes. Like I can live with this game because again I know its fixable. Rams arent like this in terms of dropped passes, Goff missing down the field throws this season, committing offensive penalties, and countless of missed tackles. Its something they havent done much this season except for this one game. 

Watch McVay against the Bears run the heck out of the ball. Last year in the Steelers game where the Rams offense looked horrible the Rams ran the ball 21 times. I felt like Gurley started to get things going in the 3rd Q then for some reason I dont think he got a touch the entire 4th Q despite the game being right there for the Rams to still win. Gurley had 12 carries. That game still puzzles me. Anyways the next game was against the Bears on MNF, deja vu to this year. The Rams ran the ball 30 times. Gurley had 25 carries. McVay made it a point to run, run, run, and run some more. Rams won and that game wasnt the prettiest but my point is the mindset of McVay is that he knows that he messed up big time against the Niners by not feeding Henderson early and often. The Niners couldnt stop it when Henderson did get the ball. McVay got cute early and it backfired. Honestly the Bears in position again the feel the wrath of what McVay is going to do. They couldnt stop a hobbled Gurley last season who nearly had 100yds rushing a td. The Rams backs are better this year and the overall running game is better. I dont expect them to stop the Rams this year. Im calling it right now to say at least 30 runs on MNF. I just hope McVay continues it throughout the season and not get too cute. Henderson has star potential and so do Akers. 

• Like 1