SNF: Rams @ 49ers

mw2noobbuster

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is it just me, or is asking "can you win a SB" with a QB who literally was a few bounces away from winning a SB less than a year ago insane? Maybe I'm just taking it too literally, since with an average or worse QB, you're likely winning in spite of them, but still, seems a bit ridiculous. Clearly you CAN win a SB with Jimmy G...

That particular narrative is a little silly to me, though I do think that guys like him need everything around him to go right, have good teams, etc. The margin for error is just thinner is all. 

Denver won with the corpse of Manning. It's catching lightning in a bottle, sure. 

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is it just me, or is asking "can you win a SB" with a QB who literally was a few bounces away from winning a SB less than a year ago insane? Maybe I'm just taking it too literally, since with an average or worse QB, you're likely winning in spite of them, but still, seems a bit ridiculous. Clearly you CAN win a SB with Jimmy G...

No I think it's super obvious that he's one of dozens of QBs who can get you midway through the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl with a lead, but somehow only the great ones can finish off the last 8 minutes of the game. I mean duh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

Before the season; Kyler, Goff, Garoppolo? Russell has some serious competition this year!

Now: Kyler, Goff, Garoppolo? Russell has some serious "competition" this year.

I've only watched Kyler on week 1 and he was pretty good then. Has he been underwhelming since?