What: A real-life NFL Football game

Where: Green Bay, Wisconsin

When: Sunday, 11/1 12:00 Noon CST

Why: To add to the Vikings all-time loss column

Will Zimmer be fired?

Will we have our best players back?

Will we win by 2 scores or 3?

El.Oh.El

No different from what most Vikings fans were thinking. 

• Like 1

What a game!  The coaches coached and the players executed.  It was not total domination by the Vikes, but they did two important things . . . won the 3rd quarter and no turnovers.  And Cook, behind an imposing OL, COOKED! . . . seven-courses with the best blend of flavors a RB can imagine.

The last drive by GB caused me to remove 6 fingernails. . .sheesh!  I was ecstatic to see Wonnum make that play . . . thought for sure it was a fumble, and then the replays, and more replays . . . I'm thinking, oh boy, the Refs blew the PI call earlier so now they're going to make up for it (like they hadn't already).  But, in the end, justice and right prevailed.

Now, for all the rhetoric of hoping the Vikes lose so draft picks are high . . . for wanting to dump Zimmer, for all the other negative things being uselessly spouted.  Think about each and every team and every season.  There are always plays that define a team's reputation, but the wins and losses rule supreme.  The past two weeks, I read and listened to "the Vikes are 1-5, and they might as well forfeit to the Pack."  Not only did they not forfeit, they showed they can play a tough opponent in rough weather conditions with a run-dominant offense and win.  They showed every singly person on the 53-man roster is not only important, but each, with regard to position, brings a level of physical skill that allows them to play.  This team is one missed field goal and one failed 4th down conversion from being 4-3.  Still that's not a good record, right . . . then consider 7 of your 11 defensive starters from last year are gone.  That's 2 Pro-Bowl DEs, 1 Pro-Bowl LB, another LB, 3 CBs, and a Pro-Bowl NT.  These guys on the field today are ingredients to some king of gumbo . . . have you ever cooked it?  It ain't chicken noodle . . . 

I have no idea who the defensive backs were in the 2nd half, other than Smith, Harris and Gladney.  But, they managed to hold their own.  The front four didn't dominate, but they kept contain and prevented Rodgers from doing the things he's great at, extending plays and making D's pay for coverage breakdowns.

I'm not blinded by purple colored glasses (not totally), but this team could run some wins together before they play the Bucs in 6 weeks.  Wouldn't be surprised if they enter the final quarter of the year at 6-6.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they entered the final quarter of the year at 4-8.  I'm going to keep picking my team to win every week . . . it's a loyalty thing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Green doesn't really go with my eyes. Also I'd rather continue to be forward thinking in a time where science and math continue to take a back seat in this country.

I’m right with you on this. Beating the packers does nothing for our franchise. We will NOT be making noise in the playoffs. We will NOT make the playoffs, we should be trying to get that number one pick. We have a possible elite receiver and an elite running back under the age of 26, let’s get them an elite Qb that is mobile enough to deal with an average oline that can also make every throw.

15 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

To everyone pretty much agitated by “tanking”, do you honestly feel like we are a top 3 team in the league if we are fully healthy?

I think the Vikings may have been capable of winning 9-11 games with a healthy defense. Hunter and Pierce being out and never getting a chance to play with Yannick sucks. Could have been a top defensive line. Cleveland has been pretty good so far and Bradbury has improved beyond expectations. 

We are 1-0 without Ngouke!

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

To everyone pretty much agitated by “tanking”, do you honestly feel like we are a top 3 team in the league if we are fully healthy?

No. But I don't think playing to lose makes us a good team in the future either. 

I think people are really blinded by the shiny toy that is Trevor Lawrence. Most of these "2nd Coming" QB's never live up to the hype. Peyton is the last one who did. Yet we're looking at Mahomes, Watson, Russell Wilson, and Lamar Jackson tearing up the league. None of whom were hyped like Lawrence or Andrew Luck. Goff made a Super Bowl, but does anyone think he's a true franchise guy?

We're going to be a young team this year and next. Losing breeds losing. I'd rather we go out there, play our best, develop a chip on our shoulder, finish 5-11 or 4-12, and then make an aggressive move up to get a QB if we feel like he's a franchise guy. 

12 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I think the Vikings may have been capable of winning 9-11 games with a healthy defense. Hunter and Pierce being out and never getting a chance to play with Yannick sucks. Could have been a top defensive line. Cleveland has been pretty good so far and Bradbury has improved beyond expectations. 

We are 1-0 without Ngouke though!

We actually are lol I just realized that. But in all honesty, when the playoffs come, a healthy Vikings team I just don’t see us making any noise with Kirk. As constructed, the pocket will continue to collapse a lot. We need someone that can be nimble in the pocket and make plays.

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

No. But I don't think playing to lose makes us a good team in the future either. 

I think people are really blinded by the shiny toy that is Trevor Lawrence. Most of these "2nd Coming" QB's never live up to the hype. Peyton is the last one who did. Yet we're looking at Mahomes, Watson, Russell Wilson, and Lamar Jackson tearing up the league. None of whom were hyped like Lawrence or Andrew Luck. Goff made a Super Bowl, but does anyone think he's a true franchise guy?

We're going to be a young team this year and next. Losing breeds losing. I'd rather we go out there, play our best, develop a chip on our shoulder, finish 5-11 or 4-12, and then make an aggressive move up to get a QB if we feel like he's a franchise guy. 

This. This. And, this.