Week 8: VIKINGS (1-5) at Packers (5-1)

swede700

12 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

So what did the Vikings do about Zadarius Smith? He's been a difference maker on that defense since they got him. 

Loved seeing Kenny Clark get pushed around. 

They didn't have to throw much and I don't think they really attempted any deep shots 

Not sure if that's why but it might have had something to do with it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why is either tank or be a top 3 team?

Why? Because we've lived our lives in between those things and true Vikings fans deserve a championship team. 

I'm honestly at the point now where I want(expect) a Patriots like dynasty. I feel we're owed that. Watching a team that just fields above average most of the time, then some duds is getting old. I want a TOP 3 team or 1st overall picks (we could settle with top 3 picks)

3 minutes ago, rusty28264 said:

How did Ezra Cleveland look today?

Great. Consistently was part of creating massive lanes for Cook to run through and was apart of more than one double team that dug Kenny Clark out and pushed him into the laps of the LBs. 

Also made a key downfield block on Cook’s big screen touchdown. 

• Like 1

That was a fun game to watch. I expected the Vikings to come out after the bye week and do just what they did, which was play hard the whole game. I wasn't so sure about them getting the win, but that is a nice treat that happens pretty often when the team plays hard as if they want to win and as if they think they can win.

It was great to see improvement from some of the younger guys too. There were the expected bumps in the road with some of the younger guys but they fought through it. The current group of CBs scare me but they kept fighting and with a lot of assistance from the safeties held it together well enough.

Nice job Vikings!

• Like 1

I must say, it is kind of shocking how bad Rashan Gary is.  He is not a 3/4 DE though and should really be in a 4/3 defense as a down DE, having him play OLB in a 3/4 even though he is a good athlete on paper, just does not make sense because he does not fit that profile to me.  Would make more sense even if he was a 4/3 DT than a 3/4 OLB.  Still early in his career but with how talented he is, he has been a disappointment for them.

And since when has Aaron Rodgers been Mr. Niceymicknice?  Smiling and joking around during the game, then what seemed like most of the Vikings team went over to say hi to him after the game.  Not sure if it was because of Rodgers support for Zimmer during the week in his comments or what...  Still surprised about his demeanor with them losing their past two games and defenses kind of figuring him out a little or at least figuring that offense out a little.

Clearly no Bakhtiari for them is huge which moves Jenkins to OT and then a new OG in who is not as good as Jenkins is there.  

Jalyn Holmes has played better today for sure, and nice to see Hercules get another shot.  Wish Lynch got a little more play than he did and sucks Odenigbo cannot play DT on passing downs since they are so thin at DE.  If they did not have Wonnum they would be in deep **** depth wise on the DE.  I would not mind if they brought up Albert Huggins from the PS and move James Lynch to move of a DE role and see how that goes for him possibly.  Hercules I am not a huge fan of him at DE but clearly DT has not worked well for him.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Not trying to be a bad moderator but a fun sum of the game and some key highlight explaining would be fun. Probably wont get a chance to rewatch so this could be fun. Anybody new show up?

Cook was great. Cousins made the throws he needed too. Defense is...young. 

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Not trying to be a bad moderator but a fun sum of the game and some key highlight explaining would be fun. Probably wont get a chance to rewatch so this could be fun. Anybody new show up?

Irv looked really good today. He got robbed on a key 3rd down conversion but was awesome from what I saw in the running game. 

I'm an oldster. I've been watching this team for half a century.

I've seen all of it.

What I see now is a team that's 2-5. As Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. A flip of a play in the Tennessee and Seattle games, they might be 4-3, but they're not.

What else I see; I remember the Joe Gibbs Redskins in the early 80's. He had a bunch of guys that could play, but didn't know how. They started 1-6 or something, and then went on a tear. That was the start of their championship years.

We're starting rookies. They didn't get training camp. This game is proof they're learning. With a year of experience and a real training camp in 2021, these guys are gonna want to show they can play ball.

The worst cliche is wait till next year, but I think there's something to it.

• Like 2