Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

12 hours ago, Shockwave said:

This last decade of suck is worse IMHO then the early mid 90's years of suck I had to suffer through. The Dave Brown, Kent Graham, Danny Kanell era. That 1992-1999 era was rough but at least there was a couple of seasons there when they broke out of the suck and made the playoffs and even won the division. And there were pieces on those teams to be optimistic about. 5 straight years of double digit losses...7 out of the last 8 seasons with double digit losses.. man this stretch has really beat me down. Actually looking over their win/loss history this is the worst stretch since 1971-1980 when they had 7 out of 10 double digit loss seasons...

So yea...we've gotten to witness and suffer through the WORST stretch this team has ever had and with very little to be optimistic about.

Jesus Christ...How did it get to this.  Blows me away that the owners have allowed this to carry on for so long and no word from the owners or the GM.  Shameful really that they are hiding from the media while giving out free soda.

It's a joke is what it is.   

• Like 1

I wasn't alive to see the 1970s Giants who were on Year 15 of a three-year rebuilding plan, but fans who were say the team is just as bad now.

Doesn't Mara feel any pressure to improve it? This team is not just his personal inheritance. It's something a lot of other people are counting on to add some excitement and joy to their lives. All the Gettleman era has brought us is losing, poor drafting, and empty promises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I wasn't alive to see the 1970s Giants who were on Year 15 of a three-year rebuilding plan, but fans who were say the team is just as bad now.

Doesn't Mara feel any pressure to improve it? This team is not just his personal inheritance. It's something a lot of other people are counting on to add some excitement and joy to their lives. All the Gettleman era has brought us is losing, poor drafting, and empty promises.

Absolutely he does. He’s extremely vested in the team. He needs help to make a good decision.

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I don’t think the issue of whether he’s vested in team is the issue. That’s never the issue tbh, he’s one of the more notable owners in the NFL and is normally front and centre. The issue is that people he’s hired and his inability to evolve. 

21 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

One of the few bright spots this year. What a stud he has turned into. Now go out and get Neal to solidify the right side and lets see what DJ and SB can do next year with a legitimate line.

We need more than Neal. We are possibly not going to have a center and a guard. Gates is possibly done for good. Hernanadez more than likely is gone after this season is up and Shane Lemieux the book is out on. This doesnt include also that Peart is going to be rehabbing possibly into middle of next year and Nate Solder is the first release coming. Neal and Linderbaum. or Neal and Ekwonu.. now that would be nice. 

19 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

We need more than Neal. We are possibly not going to have a center and a guard. Gates is possibly done for good. Hernanadez more than likely is gone after this season is up and Shane Lemieux the book is out on. This doesnt include also that Peart is going to be rehabbing possibly into middle of next year and Nate Solder is the first release coming. Neal and Linderbaum. or Neal and Ekwonu.. now that would be nice. 

I think we end up going either 1 of Neal or Ekwonu and either a QB or a new Weapon. No way we actually take two O-Lineman top 10 (although we need it). 

2 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Hoping for Oline and Edge with those two first round picks. Then some further Olineman in the other early rounds. Maybe an impactful FA signing (doubtful given the cap situation). Skura had some decent moments and makes for some depth. If Hernandez could be resigned on the cheap I'd take him back even though he's had struggles. I mean they used a 2nd round pick on him and he's still only 26. Lemieux only counts like 1M towards the cap next season so I'd keep him around.

Thomas
Hernandez
Center
Lemieux
Neal

No idea what to do for Center. The list of FA lineman is decent but they can't afford any of them. Maybe someone like Justin Britt can be had on the cheap.

14 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Right.

Dave not only made this offensive line worse than it was before he showed up but on his way out the door, he'll be leaving the team after this season with salary cap issues and a team looking for 4 starters on the line.  

Hernandez, I've said it a million times was a horrible selection, the man simply can't pull and is horrible in space.  So I'm glad to see his contract is up after this year.  Would be a mistake to even attempt to resign him, IMO.

Shane could develop into something but I don't trust him to start.

Nick Gates will likely never play again. 

The fact that RT Peart, now on IR, couldn't beat out Nate Solder, so I would not want to think he's the starter next season.

Hopefully, this next GM can free up enough cap so that we aren't locked into drafting for all of our line positions.  There are a lot of solid players in this free agency that I'd love to add to this roster if they remain available.

Oldies but goodies (highest paid lineman)

Brandon Scherff

Ryan Jenson

Matt Paradis

Andrew Norwell

Trent Brown

Riley Reiff

Ben Jones

Laken Tomlinson

List of all offensive lineman

Brandon Scherff - RG - Washington - UFA
Cam Robinson - LT - Jaguars - UFA
Terron Armstead - LT - Saints - Void
Duane Brown - LT - Seahawks - Void
Ryan Jensen - C - Buccaneers - UFA
Matt Paradis - C - Panthers - Void
Trent Brown - RT - Patriots - UFA
Andrew Norwell - LG - Jaguars - UFA
Eric Fisher - LT - Colts - UFA
Riley Reiff - RT - Bengals - Void
Ben Jones - C - Titans - UFA
Laken Tomlinson - LG - 49ers - Void
Mark Glowinski - RG - Colts - UFA
A.J. Cann - RG - Jaguars - UFA
Brandon Shell - RT - Seahawks - UFA
Germain Ifedi - RT - Bears - Void
Charles Leno Jr. - LT - Washington - UFA
Morgan Moses - RT - Jets - UFA
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - RG - Jets - Void
Dan Feeney - LG - Jets - UFA
Chris Hubbard - LT - Browns - UFA
Alex Lewis - LG - Jets - UFA
Matt Gono - RT - Falcons - UFA
Mike Remmers - RT - Chiefs - UFA
Justin Britt - C - Texans - UFA
Trai Turner - RG - Steelers - UFA
Ted Karras - C - Patriots - UFA
Nate Solder - RT - Giants - Void
Ethan Pocic - C - Seahawks - Void
Billy Price - C - Giants - UFA
Sam Tevi - LT - Colts - UFA
Bobby Massie - RT - Broncos - UFA
Rashod Hill - LT - Vikings - UFA
Ike Boettger - RG - Bills - UFA
Richie Incognito - LG - Raiders - UFA
Tyler Shatley - C - Jaguars - UFA
Cornelius Lucas - LT - Washington - UFA
Austin Corbett - RG - Rams - UFA
Will Hernandez - RG - Giants - UFA
Ty Nsekhe - RT - Cowboys - UFA
Jason Peters - LT - Bears - UFA
James Daniels - RG - Bears - UFA
Trenton Scott - RT - Panthers - UFA
Oday Aboushi - RG - Chargers - UFA
Lucas Patrick - LG - Packers - UFA
Kyle Long - RG - Chiefs - UFA
Cameron Fleming - RT - Broncos - UFA
Connor Williams - LG - Cowboys - UFA
Conor McDermott - RG - Jets - UFA
Dennis Kelly - RT - Packers - UFA
Nick Martin - C - Raiders - UFA
Aaron Stinnie - LG - Buccaneers - UFA
Quinton Spain - LG - Bengals - UFA
Max Garcia - LG - Cardinals - UFA
Julie'n Davenport - LT - Colts - UFA
Josh Wells - LT - Buccaneers - UFA
Josh Andrews - C - Falcons - UFA
John Miller - RG - Panthers - UFA
Elijah Wilkinson - LT - Bears - UFA
Chris Reed - LG - Colts - UFA
Tom Compton - RG - 49ers - UFA
Senio Kelemete - RG - Chargers - UFA
Michael Schofield - LG - Chargers - UFA
Jordan Mills - RT - Saints - UFA
James Carpenter - LG - Saints - UFA
Dakota Dozier - LG - Vikings - UFA
Tyler Larsen - C - Washington - UFA
Brandon Parker - RT - Raiders - UFA
Geron Christian - RT - Texans - UFA
Matt Skura - C - Giants - UFA
Lane Taylor - LG - Texans - UFA
Joey Hunt - C - Colts - UFA
Jermaine Eluemunor - RG - Raiders - UFA
Jason Spriggs - LT - Falcons - UFA
Jake Brendel - C - 49ers - UFA
Greg Mancz - C - Dolphins - UFA
Caleb Benenoch - RG - Saints - UFA
Brett Jones - C - Broncos - UFA
Bobby Hart - RT - Bills - UFA
B.J. Finney - C - Steelers - UFA
Austin Blythe - C - Chiefs - UFA
Will Holden - LT - Lions - RFA
Kyle Fuller - C - Seahawks - RFA
Korey Cunningham - LT - Giants - UFA
Jamil Douglas - RG - Washington - UFA
Evan Brown - C - Lions - RFA
Cole Toner - RG - Texans - UFA
Andrew Wylie - LG - Chiefs - UFA
Orlando Brown - LT - Chiefs - UFA
Joseph Noteboom - LT - Rams - UFA
Chukwuma Okorafor - RT - Steelers - UFA
Yosuah Nijman - LT - Packers - ERFA
Phil Haynes - LG - Seahawks - RFA
Jordan Simmons - LG - Raiders - UFA
Jamil Demby - LG - Rams - RFA
Jackson Barton - LT - Raiders - RFA
Greg Senat - LT - Colts - UFA
Daniel Brunskill - RG - 49ers - RFA
Coleman Shelton - LG - Rams - RFA
Calvin Anderson - LT - Broncos - RFA
Austin Schlottmann - LG - Broncos - RFA
Alex Bars - LG - Bears - RFA
Alex Cappa - RG - Buccaneers - UFA
Mason Cole - C - Vikings - UFA
Brian Allen - C - Rams - UFA
Trystan Colon-Castillo - C - Ravens - ERFA
Najee Toran - RG - Washington - ERFA
Matt Nelson - RT - Lions - ERFA
Kristian Welch - LT - Ravens - ERFA
Keith Ismael - C - Washington - ERFA
J.C. Hassenauer - C - Steelers - ERFA
Colton McKivitz - LT - 49ers - ERFA
Will Richardson - RT - Jaguars - UFA
David Quessenberry - RT - Titans - RFA
Storm Norton - RT - Chargers - ERFA
Sam Mustipher - C - Bears - ERFA
Michael Dunn - LG - Browns - ERFA
Lachavious Simmons - RG - Bears - ERFA
Kyle Murphy - RG - Giants - ERFA
Blake Hance - RT - Browns - ERFA
Tyrell Crosby - RT - Lions - UFA
Scott Quessenberry - LG - Chargers - UFA
Jamarco Jones - LT - Seahawks - UFA
Tommy Kraemer - LG - Lions - ERFA
Ryan McCollum - C - Lions - ERFA
Jon Toth - C - Washington - ERFA
Jimmy Morrissey - C - Texans - ERFA
Jake Hanson - C - Packers - ERFA
Dakoda Shepley - RG - Seahawks - ERFA
Alex Taylor - RT - Browns - ERFA
Matt Pryor - RG - Colts - UFA
Bradley Bozeman - C - Ravens - UFA
Fred Johnson - RG - Bengals - RFA
Nate Herbig - RG - Eagles - RFA
Patrick Mekari - LT - Ravens - RFA
Ethan Greenidge - LT - Saints - RFA
Ryan Bates - LT - Bills - RFA
Brandon Knight - LG - Ravens - ERFA
Mitch Hyatt - RT - Cowboys - ERFA
Colby Gossett - RG - Falcons - RFA
Jonotthan Harrison - C - Giants - SFA
Alex Redmond - RG - Patriots - SFA
Spencer Pulley - C - Dolphins - SFA
Jerald Hawkins - RT - Saints - SFA
David Steinmetz - RT - Washington - SFA
Lester Cotton - LG - Raiders - SFA
Drew Himmelman - RT - Broncos - SFA
Zack Bailey - LG - Washington - SFA
Willie Beavers - RT - Falcons - SFA
Jeremiah Poutasi - LG - Raiders - SFA
Jaylon Moore - LT - Ravens - SFA
Jared Hocker - LG - Jaguars - SFA
Isaiah Williams - RG - Jets - SFA
Isaac Alarcon - LT - Cowboys - SFA
Durval Queiroz - RG - Dolphins - SFA
Beau Benzschawel - C - Washington - SFA
Aviante Collins - LG - Cowboys - SFA

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shockwave said:

If Hernandez could be resigned on the cheap I'd take him back even though he's had struggles. I mean they used a 2nd round pick on him and he's still only 26. Lemieux only counts like 1M towards the cap next season so I'd keep him around.

Thomas
Hernandez
Center
Lemieux
Neal

No idea what to do for Center. The list of FA lineman is decent but they can't afford any of them. Maybe someone like Justin Britt can be had on the cheap.

Hernandez was a second round pick because Dave drafted him early.  He played a slightly better game after moving him to RG but he's still a liability out there, IMO.  Sadly, from what I can see we need 4 legit starters. 

I'm not too worried about cap space.  I fully expect the team to release a lot of the high priced players even if it creates holes.  The team must fix the offensive line issues at all cost.   

• Like 3

20 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I think we end up going either 1 of Neal or Ekwonu and either a QB or a new Weapon. No way we actually take two O-Lineman top 10 (although we need it). 

Thats true. A QB (Pickett / Corral) could be in the mix if the next GM doesnt feel we should stay with DJ at starter. But i have a hunch we are gonna go after 2 stud olinemen, i really do. The Jets did it years ago with D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold in Rd1. We are that kindve bad up front. To me the sure bet of 2 elite olinemen are Neal and Linderbaum. Neal's got a good chance of going in the top 3, maybe #1 overall. Linderbaum is a guy i want bad. He's the best center this draft is going to see since Travis Frederick and Alex Mack. 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

Thoughts on switching back to a 43 defense?

I ask your opinions because there are some key positions required for a 34 defense to have success.  Edge rushers and a quality Nose Tackle.  Now I think we might have something in this Azeez kid but we lack the second as well as depth.  I believe it's much easier to find 43DE's than it is 34OLB's.  Our roster after this season we have zero NT's.

Now Azeez might need to bulk up a bit or perhaps have him shift to OLB, but DT we could have a solid crew with Leonard Williams and Dexter manning the IDL.