Week 8 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If we can just get healthy out of the bye we have a chance to compete for one of the wild card spots. We have to win one of the games this week or next tho.

Win this week and then winning the division is not out of the equation. But for that to happen, we have to beat Seattle and at least split vs GB/NO the following two weeks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Win this week and then winning the division is not out of the equation. But for that to happen, we have to beat Seattle and at least split vs GB/NO the following two weeks. 

I agree. We're not out of the division race, but it's definitely going to be difficult to do.

For me, if we can't get the division title, #5 is the goal. Road game against the NFC East and then all bets are off after that. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We really seem to have GBs number and NO isn't the team they were last year. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility we beat them both. I'm not saying that we will take both, but I do think it's possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Knew they were going to end up with him. I don't know how much Dunlap has left in him, but he can't be worse than what they have. Though he had a very solid season last year so I can't imagine he is completely washed up. 

He's only 32 but for me it feels like he's been in the league FOREVER.

• Like 1

I am sick of rushing guys back and having them get more injured.

look at JWjr. He had a calf injury. I rewatched his injury, there was not very much of an ankle roll, but if your calf is injured and seizes up, then that can cause a problem with your ankle (look at kevin durant)

Really ticks me off that deebo was in the game up 24 points in the 4th quarter because we only had one usable running back. Mckinnon needs to get cut at this point. If we arent going to play him when we dont have anyone else, then why is he even on the roster? If he is hurt, put him on IR. If he is not hurt and we arent using him outside of third downs, then lets just cut him and sign literally anyone else

SO - if this means we are short on RB (pun intended since hasty is so short) this week, then so be it. I dont want to rush coleman back with a thursday game coming up next. 

Interesting post regarding Hyder Jr. from elsewhere:

He's been playing much better than many of us expected. It looks like he's finally recovered from his Achilles tear in 2017.

His 16.2% Pressure Rate is 5th among qualifying players, and higher than Dee Ford's was last season. In fact, Hyder's pressure rate this season is higher than Ford's was in his best season in KC - in which he had a 15.1% pressure rate.

And this is with Hyder playing 64% of our defensive snaps this year. Compared to Ford, who only played 22% of our defensive snaps last year.

To clarify, this isn't a "Dee Ford's overpaid" post. I'm just trying to highlight how well Hyder's been playing for us this season.

We all know Nick Bosa's ridiculously good. He had an outstanding 17.2% pressure rate last year - good for 4th among all players. Hyder's QB pressure rate being just 1% behind Bosa is pretty amazing if you think about it.

Hyder's also an easy dude to root for too. Hard working UDFA that flashed during a Preseason game with 3 sacks. Made the Lions' 53 because of it, and went on to lead his team in tackles-for-loss, as well as sacks with 8 on the season. He tore his Achilles the following Preseason, and it looked like he just lost a step. Achilles tears can be devastating for pass rushers.

Coincidently, his D-Line coach on the Lions is our current D-Line coach - Kris Kocorek, so it's no surprise we picked up Hyder.

Hopefully Hyder's past two seasons were just down years due to his Achilles still healing, and now he's fully recovered and back to his 2016 form.

Hyder is doing well, we all know that. However, it's going to be interesting to see if he'll be apart of the team moving forward. He's a good rotational piece, but not a long term starter. Only on a one year deal. If he continues, I'm thinking/probably hoping even that someone else throws a ton of money at him which I'm thinking happens. He'll be 30 next year, and this will be his last chance to get something of a big contract if he keeps playing decent ball. 

Jeff Wilson was named FedEx ground player of the week. First 49ers runner to get three rushing touchdowns on the road since Roger Craig in 1988 against the LA Rams. I do think his success against the Patriots was more of a product of Shanahan's scheme, and the line playing their tails off. Regardless, Jeff still racked up the yards, and deserves the praise. Hopefully he gets better soon. 

atvmyyjqiwv51.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=130351791fe1891bd4c6b9c4ec901b5358f13480

• Like 1